Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:47:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  (Read 431487 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: April 22, 2013, 07:36:56 PM

Warrior is a neat class if you like slicing and dicing and surviving. If you just want to slice and dice without the survival part, try a slayer.

If you want to be tanky and instantly find groups, lancer. Sorcs are neat. If you like the spells already you're in a good spot.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #771 on: April 22, 2013, 10:45:30 PM

Warriors are very versatile and fun and have probably a higher skill ceiling. Also dual wielding really does it for some people.

Horny thing could be horny evil elf thing or horny ripped dragon woman.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #772 on: April 23, 2013, 07:35:22 AM

My horny sorc is named Queen Maleficent and sorc suits her.  I do like the spells.  I think warrior might be a bit more fun, a little harder than the other ones I tried and slightly squishier than most warriors I've played, which isn't a totally bad thing.  I like combat to be a challenge in a game that has gear and skills like this.  So far, the combat and cute factor are the fun bits.  Cute doesn't last for me very long, though, if the game starts falling apart.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #773 on: April 23, 2013, 07:38:19 AM

The thing you want to remember with warrior is to watch the animations for your various attacks. The attacks actually hit targets where your swords are. I know this is a shocking concept coming from almost all the other games.

This means, with your warrior, you can do the twirling auto attack and the twirling specials while aiming to the side of your target. You can keep doing these attacks while making your way around the target, so that you can avoid their strong frontal attacks without actually having to pause to dodge them.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #774 on: April 23, 2013, 11:46:59 AM

It's easy to miss and I enjoy the wee bit of skill it takes to fight, something lacking in most games like this.  I may have never even tried FPS' if MMORPG combat hadn't started to make me lose the motivation to live.  Thanks for all the tips!  I'm liking warrior more and more. 

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #775 on: April 23, 2013, 12:33:14 PM

Having a lot of fun with this.
My experiences at 20 from a warrior:
Fast combat is nice. Dodging and aiming keeps it fun.
Monster pulling is easy. You can easily stack up 10 mobs and kill them at once. This lets you make combat as hard as you want.
Game railroads a bit too much, doesn't seem like there is any reason to not suck the quest-teet all the way to 60.
Soloing elites is fun but time consuming. The fights are interesting and require dodging and foresight.
Crafting sucks and is expensive as fuck. From what I understand its not worth it unless you're 60. Alchemy is decent while you level but still costs a lot.

Overall its a good time. I ended up purchasing a box for $20 for some founders bonuses. I can see myself taking a character to 60 to see the end game PvP.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #776 on: April 23, 2013, 04:40:31 PM

Crafting sucks and is expensive as fuck. From what I understand its not worth it unless you're 60. Alchemy is decent while you level but still costs a lot.
It's probably best to hold off crafting until l.60, yes. If just because by then the cost of crafting skillup quests is peanuts compared to your income -- it'll cost you ~100g total to go from 0 to max in any crafting branch, and that amount of money is gained by doing literally 2 daily quests at l.60. So you spend 10 mins on these two dailies, then an hour or so on clicking "get quest" "craft" buttons and you are done.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: April 27, 2013, 01:58:59 PM

So you didn't pick the demon stripper race?

As opposed to the Elf stripper race, the Human stripper race, or the pedo little girl with bunny ears stripper race?

Demon chick is a stripper, because just look at all the different armor types.
High Elves are high class call girls. They wear all sorts of high fashion dresses and shit.
Human females are kin of like sporty/atheletic women.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #778 on: April 27, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

What are those big giant things?  Are they robots or just some guys?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #779 on: April 27, 2013, 06:54:03 PM

Silicone Giants.  Future breast implants.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #780 on: April 29, 2013, 11:03:09 AM

"Don't flirt with people during a BAM fight.  They are focused on their job.  You should be, too."   ACK!

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: April 29, 2013, 11:57:42 AM

I liked these loading screen messages more when they were pieces of game lore associated with the pictures Heartbreak

You can totally tell who is flirting during a BAM fight, though. Or tanking with greasy fingers.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #782 on: May 15, 2013, 01:54:02 AM

Summer's here  Ohhhhh, I see.  Ohhhhh, I see.  Ohhhhh, I see.  Ohhhhh, I see.

EDIT to add: You know what's funny? This shit sells. There's plenty of people in game using all this crap, or stuff like candy weapons. Anyway, it's worth saying that they are often used as a way to "buy gold" in game without resorting to the illegal sweatshop market, as pretty much all the goods you can buy for real money can be traded in game for gold, so if you need gold you can buy a stupid outfit for real money and then log into the game and trade it to some wealthy bored douche for in-game gold. Surprisingly, TERA's economy is pretty stable and apparently healthy, at least on my Euro server.

In other news, let me gloat for a second, I just got a new computer and cranked all the details to max, and let me state this again: the graphics of this game are insane. If you put everything on max, it really blows anything else away. Not that you can really see that in the video up there, but I can't wrap my head around this being a three years old game and having such a wonderful and breathtaking but still quite light engine.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:04:55 AM by Falconeer »

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #783 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:05 AM

I'm enjoying this game a lot, but walking around the bigger towns and seeing everyone standing around creeps me out.

For the most part I'm out in the game world playing a huge Baraka, stabbing demons and huge basilisks with my lance. But when I'm done adventuring, I come into town and see grown men playing 12 year old girls dressed up in school girl uniforms/bikinis sitting on the head of massive frogs. It feels like a completely different game. Not to mention the global chat is either unreadable or full of people saying the dumbest shit in all caps looking for attention.

Then I leave town and move into a new zone where the character models of the mobs are overly-cute with silly animations that say goofy things like "Attack! hehe!"

Now I see that video and I'm almost certain I'm playing a weird Second Life clone.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: May 15, 2013, 08:24:41 AM

In some actual news (the swimwears linked couple posts up are a few months old) yesterday's patch added a 10/20 people raid to the game. It's basically straight fight against single boss, that's a scaled up encounter from earlier part of the game with some added/changed/tweaked mechanics. Still can be pretty entertaining when lot of people who try to beat it never bothered to go through that 'original' fight and so have no clue what is going on...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #785 on: May 15, 2013, 09:24:07 AM

I used to LOVE the candy weapons in Free Realms.  But I was a proper little child with tiny boobies and wearing cutsy (not sexy) outfits.  I found it horrifying, however, when I would see people shouting "I need a boy!".  (shudder)  I feel the same horror when I see those little girl characters getting chatted up in Tera.  I still like this game though.  I just turn off the horror channels to play it without distractions.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #786 on: May 15, 2013, 09:26:37 AM

In some actual news (the swimwears linked couple posts up are a few months old)
The swimsuits are from last year.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #787 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:24 AM

Well, swimsuits were already in the game but that trailer is for the new stuff that is being deployed on the Euro servers tomorrow, which is not just the swimsuit. Euro gets lots of stuff later, or not at all, but I believe that these are some new style of swimsuits since I've seen people in beach gear before.

With our biggest shop update yet we’ll introduce the long awaited swimsuits! Winter is long gone, spring is indulging us with the first few warm days of the year, and so it’s time for some sunshine action in Arborea!

Have a look at the respective section in our shop, don’t forget your shades and sunscreen, and drag some friends with you to enjoy the warm and sunny beach!

Do you not only wish to pass your day at the beach, but want to look stunning in the night too? These black magic outfits make it possible!

Got a BAM that just doesn’t seem to be afraid when you’re approaching it? These Kill BAM outfits might be able help you be a little bit more intimidating!

Check out the video for this shop update:

Last but not least, some vanity items will become available:

Afro
Cowboy Hat

All these items will be available with the shop update on Tuesday, 14th of May 2013 in our in-game shop.

And yes, at least on my server the Global chat channel is one of the worst I've ever seen in any game.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: May 15, 2013, 04:33:36 PM

I used to LOVE the candy weapons in Free Realms.  But I was a proper little child with tiny boobies and wearing cutsy (not sexy) outfits.  I found it horrifying, however, when I would see people shouting "I need a boy!".  (shudder)  I feel the same horror when I see those little girl characters getting chatted up in Tera.  I still like this game though.  I just turn off the horror channels to play it without distractions.

I'd see that all the time on Wizard 101, people spamming 'I need a boy/girl' in the starting city.  I was kinda slow; I had to ask around to find out what the hell they were doing.  If it makes you feel better, the indicator I got is that they were just stupid kids rather than adults trying to abduct stupid kids; the bright idea to find a boyfriend or girlfriend by standing on a street and yelling at random people who go by is not something that would occur to most adults.  And that's what all the chat filters are for in kids' games.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #789 on: May 16, 2013, 08:24:05 AM

I never thought it was anything but kids, but it was still weird to see.  I am sad they let FreeRealms flounder.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #790 on: May 18, 2013, 06:41:33 PM

Here's my character. His name is Palmer and he is on Mount Tyrannus, the PvP server, so feel free to kill him if you stumble across him.

I don't really know what he is. Not a panda I guess. Maybe some kind of cat?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #791 on: May 18, 2013, 07:07:51 PM

Did you make that character look like that on purpose?

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #792 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:20 PM

Did you make that character look like that on purpose?

The pink armour is a random drop and is actually the best armour (ie best stats) I have at the moment, so that's why he's wearing it. It does make me smile though.

The rest of the character, yeah. All the panda things look pretty much the same to me anyway though.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: May 19, 2013, 03:34:50 AM

Good, you made a Slayer. We'll have lots to talk about in the future. Very fun class if you ask me. If it seems too slow at first, consider that around level 30 you will have lots of skills that basically quicken each other when chained together. Apologies if you knew this already.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #794 on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:28 AM

If any of you rich boys and girls buy EMP, it's on sale today, twice the amount for the same price.

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #795 on: May 28, 2013, 06:41:18 PM

The furry race looks more like very fat anthropomorphic red pandas rather than the chinese panda.

The Countess and I have been playing quite a bit on a PvE server (the first one I think?) along with her son. We three-manned, er -womaned the second dungeon (Something Manor?) several times over the weekend. Cruised through it without problem with a holy trinity party then got slaughtered by the end boss. Zerged and kited him the second attempt with several deaths each but finally brought him down. Third try was only one death (he enraged on my squishy sorceress), and then we took him down 3? More times with no casualties, ending the weekend at 32nd level.

We have a casual guild if anyone wants company, Teamspeak optional. Well, everything is optional except no griefing and keep it family friendly as we often have a 6-yr old in hearing range or practicing his reading over my shoulder. PM me here for contact info if interested.

edit: oh, and we have a few active alts around 10 and 20 as well.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:47:27 PM by Count Nerfedalot »

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: May 29, 2013, 08:51:50 PM

FYI, that final boss is insanely easy if you pull him to the hallway before the main room. The adds can't make the turn and when he wants to summon more he runs away, does his thing, then runs back without them. Cheesy but easy,
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #797 on: June 13, 2013, 08:42:03 PM

So, massively has a brief preview/mention of the 20 man battleground update coming to NA version of Tera on July 2nd. That's bit of old news, but there's interesting tidbit in there -- supposedly the playerbase of Tera in NA is currently "nearing two million people playing the game", and that's a growth from 1.4 mil reported in March.

Of course, there's a question just how active (if at all) the account has to be in order to be counted.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #798 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:13 PM

Considering it's free to play, it's an incredible game. I wouldn't be surprised to find out lots are playing it.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: June 14, 2013, 06:53:06 AM

The game still has like 3-4 servers, down from like 12 at launch. So yeah, not 2 million people.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: June 14, 2013, 09:35:22 AM

Well, it's 6 servers, not 3-4. But yeah, that'd mean pretty large number of players to squeeze into each server just the same.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #801 on: June 14, 2013, 09:57:08 AM

Keep in mind there are multiple instances of each zone on each server. I haven't played in a long, long time but it frequently got up to ~8 instances available per zone.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #802 on: June 14, 2013, 04:35:01 PM

The game still has like 3-4 servers, down from like 12 at launch. So yeah, not 2 million people.

EU and NA have their own servers. I believe its 6 NA and 12 EU. With none of the NA ones being empty at all back when I was playing. The game does seem to be doing quite well post f2p. Probably because its a pretty good game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: August 08, 2013, 12:39:22 PM

A new game update is scheduled to arrive on August 13th -- the Alliance system

main additions is three-way faction warfare, with both PvP- and PvE-oriented ways to compete for the top ranks. While the competition is aimed mainly at guilds, solo players can join NPC guilds, similar to EVE, and contribute/experience the content through these.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #804 on: August 29, 2013, 05:50:12 AM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: TERA Online from Bluehole Studio  
Jump to: