Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Resubbed - damn it's well done 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Resubbed - damn it's well done  (Read 107072 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #385 on: December 16, 2010, 12:01:39 PM

There's also a tendency to only repost the really horrid ones. Browsing through the EJ interface forum comes up with a lot of stuff that looks more or less like this:

The common theme is that for the most part, people DON'T pile everything right in the center on top of the action.  But hey hyperbole is fun. Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: December 16, 2010, 12:02:55 PM

My heal frames can take up the majority of my UI, though my actual character is always clear (so I see if I'm standing in fire)

My DK tanking UI only has the power auras stuff and engraved running rune cooldowns in the center of my vision, because why the fuck are the up in the top left.

edit: I really like that bar mod, Ing. What is that?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #387 on: December 16, 2010, 12:09:31 PM

TukUI is the one, true UI mod. If you're using anything else, you're doing it wrong.
HTH.

TukUI looks nice, but some things cant be changed really, and thats a deal breaker for me.

I tried making a neat custom UI with Bartender and Pittbull, but in the end I found I just didnt like it, or I had lots of little problems, like with vehicles and stuff. So now I use the base UI with a few mods to make it a little better, like MoveAnything, castbars, omnicc and a few others.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: December 16, 2010, 12:11:28 PM

My heal frames can take up the majority of my UI, though my actual character is always clear (so I see if I'm standing in fire)

My DK tanking UI only has the power auras stuff and engraved running rune cooldowns in the center of my vision, because why the fuck are the up in the top left.

edit: I really like that bar mod, Ing. What is that?

Hell if I know, I just picked one of the recent UI posts there more or less at random: http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t23417-share_your_interface_read_first_post_no_really_read/p64/#post1788272

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: December 16, 2010, 12:12:55 PM

TukUI is the one, true UI mod. If you're using anything else, you're doing it wrong.
HTH.

TukUI looks nice, but some things cant be changed really, and thats a deal breaker for me.

I tried making a neat custom UI with Bartender and Pittbull, but in the end I found I just didnt like it, or I had lots of little problems, like with vehicles and stuff. So now I use the base UI with a few mods to make it a little better, like MoveAnything, castbars, omnicc and a few others.

The base UI is shockingly nice, as I found out when none of my mods worked in 4.0. Bartender seems to work for everything, though it's snap to grid feature is.. irritating.

edit: I can't find my TBC era shaman UI anymore. It was horrifying before the new totem system plus raid frames (and bonus guild in jokes!)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:14:49 PM by kildorn »
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: December 16, 2010, 12:27:50 PM

I think any UI is going to look dreadful with 40+ health bars on it.  I'm not really sure how I managed to stay out of fires when I was running at a slightly lower res with a much smaller monitor.  My UI isn't anything to write home about, but it keeps the center clear and works on all my many alts without any finagling.

As for the bars in Ingmar's picture, the buttons themselves look like ButtonFacade Sleek + Your Favorite Bar AddOn (that supports ButtonFacade)

Edit: From the link it's:

kgPanels for the pink (well, ClassColor more likely) boxes and such.
Dominos + ButtonFacade + ButtonFacade: Renaitre for the bars.
PitBull for the unit frames.

The rest is just customizing the other mods around it (Chinchilla, Recount, Omen, etc.).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:38:11 PM by caladein »

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #391 on: December 16, 2010, 04:54:49 PM

This is what I'm using at the moment.. so exciting.  awesome, for real

Spoilered for hugeness.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: December 16, 2010, 04:58:09 PM

How can you see past those giant unit frames blocking everything?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Resubbed - damn it's well done  
Jump to: