Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: I just Grabbed EQ2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just Grabbed EQ2  (Read 121822 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #140 on: March 06, 2009, 09:58:56 AM

If you want to tank, I'll roll with my Inq and Nebs can do dps, if he still wants to play brig or something.

I need to look into getting an AA mirror for my pad (and a bigger pad, but the bigger places aren't as convenient imo). I doubt my most writ-grindiest character has 40k faction, though...
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: March 06, 2009, 10:34:17 AM

I'm game with Brig/Swash or even and Inq or a fury/Mystic

I just need a few days to reinstall the behemoth and patch.  Ugh. 

My thoughts of rerolling were fueled by my enjoyment of the writs, crafting, and the collection quests.  I'd LOVE to see some of the dungeons even if it's infrequent.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 06, 2009, 12:23:29 PM

I might pop over and get in on this, what time do people normally play? I can roll up whatever.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: March 06, 2009, 12:26:21 PM

Since you like crafting, I can make you up a set of harvesting tools. They seem lame at first, the lvl 20 set is only .5 second reduction...but it adds up. Caviglia is using the lvl 50 set that reduces by 2 second, but my woodworker can't make the final level 70 set that reduces by 2.5 seconds.

Also, not sure how long it's been since you've played, but I recommend starting in TD if you can for your class/race. Or at least navigate yourself there to run the newbie quests, the rewards beat old world legendary gear, and it's all class-appropriate. Downside is, no dungeons or really much need to group up for the first 20 levels.

As far as class goes, I leave it up to you, since all my guys are on Oasis, you should really pick something you want to play the most. As I said, I could do Inq, as I'm kind of interested in playing one and already have mine at lvl 15 (in TD). If you fill the heal slot, I could either play the coercer (also in TD, lvl 22) for cc/dps or I've been considering betraying my 22 ranger to assassin. Or I have one open slot to roll whatever.

Kirth - I'm usually on sometime between 10pm-midnight EST. Weekend mornings around 11am for a little bit until spring thaws for outdoor projects.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: March 06, 2009, 12:30:01 PM

Sarnaks get a harvesting cast time bonus as well that stacks with the harvest tools.

10pm ETS on a weekday is 11:30 pm for me so I might not be around as much on weekdays, weekends are always good for me. I'll get a char going and get him in BC and see who I can hook up with on weekdays.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: March 13, 2009, 09:21:50 AM

Ran into a guide last night, did a little fetch quest for a sprig of mistletoe for my house. Had more fun just interacting before I went out to fetch, though, and she was gone by the time I got done with the quest.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 13, 2009, 10:36:19 AM

During the holidays a guide showed up in the winter village.  He turned us all into reindeer and then gave us a holiday item for our houses.  Having two dozen reindeer prancing about was a lot of fun.

Since I was an Arasai with the glide talent, it was extra fun.  It looked like I really was a flying reindeer, and the huge cliff at the entrance made it that much better.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: March 13, 2009, 11:33:27 AM

We've got a couple on Oasis that are somewhat active, but I always forget to check the forum to see if they're around. This one was unannounced, though, just chilling out by the Mage Tower in S Qeynos. I saw the odd quest feather and was confused for a second, first one I've seen and I've been playing off and on since launch.

I love my erudite's snooty voice when I'm doing emotes!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 26, 2009, 01:18:59 PM

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #149 on: May 20, 2009, 10:27:32 AM

I didn't know where to put this, but

MYTHICAL!   awesome, for real Heart 

I was close to just paying to get the last kill but my guild committed to an extra night of VP so 6 of us got Mythicaled last night. Everyone told us that once we got past Druushk and Nexona, the mobs were cakewalks and they were right.

I have never played WoW.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: May 20, 2009, 10:32:59 AM

If I ever got my shit together, there's a guild on Oasis that was filling out their weekly raids with PUGs (no charge?  swamp poop) to help casuals get their myths. Probably be tired of doing that by the time I get back and worked through the prelim stuff. I figure the good stuff is just stuff they don't want me to have, goddamned mmo.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #151 on: May 20, 2009, 10:36:54 AM

Like most things MMO, the anticipation exceeded the reward. Still, our guild was kind of stuck on some of the TSO raids so 6 mythicals last night and a few more tonight means our dps just went up 20%, probably. DPS cures a lot of problems in diku raiding...

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: May 20, 2009, 10:43:31 AM

If I ever got my shit together, there's a guild on Oasis that was filling out their weekly raids with PUGs (no charge?  swamp poop) to help casuals get their myths. Probably be tired of doing that by the time I get back and worked through the prelim stuff. I figure the good stuff is just stuff they don't want me to have, goddamned mmo.

If you ever decide to play again after the summer, PM me.  I'd be happy to roll a healer/buffer to help you progress through the game.  Even sporadic play with someone that knows how to play would be a welcome change from soloing. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:24:12 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #153 on: May 20, 2009, 11:44:30 AM

Sporadic.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: May 20, 2009, 11:44:59 AM

You'll probably start playing LotRO again, ya bum.

I'll let you know when I get active again. It's not an if, just a when. I usually play EQ2 from fall through spring. Not like we'd be much more effective as a duo over a strong solo class, but it is fun to play with folks you know. Check out the Classes thread for where I left off, I'll probably come back to the wizard to hit the cap and regain the pp I spent on a couple Masters for him, then twink my Inq (heh) and get him to 45ish to hang out with my SK.

Or I might just re-up the single account, no clue at this point. More interested in getting down the rest of Jessica and maybe start recording some stuffs.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: May 20, 2009, 12:24:57 PM

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #156 on: May 20, 2009, 12:37:54 PM

You'd think so, but quite the opposite.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 06:38:51 PM

I think it would be cool to just have someone to shoot the breeze with other than the weirdos that seem to populate some of the MMOs......
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #158 on: May 23, 2009, 04:21:25 AM

I guess I will be moving back to Oasis - its driving me up the wall not being a part of a guild.  Feels like these writ quests are going to waste!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: May 23, 2009, 11:08:27 AM

Nobody in BC is playing right now (basically me).
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #160 on: May 23, 2009, 12:35:19 PM

Nobody in BC is playing right now (basically me).

Well shit.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: May 26, 2009, 06:38:26 AM

If you want to subscribe to my posts, I could always re-activate. A sub to Sky's posts is only $15/mo!  why so serious?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: May 26, 2009, 06:45:34 AM

If you want to subscribe to my posts, I could always re-activate. A sub to Sky's posts is only $15/mo!  why so serious?

Hey... that's something for something!   why so serious?

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: May 26, 2009, 08:44:44 AM

For a limited time only, I'll give subscribers a FREE invitation to Bat Country in EQ2!!
Xurtan
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: May 31, 2009, 11:45:04 PM

What a great offer.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Anyone messed around with the most recent expansion much? I have an 80 Dirge on AB that I stopped playing right before it came out.

Do you people have acrophobia from EQI Kelethin?  I love Gorowyn. You can even jump up and walk across the elevator wires; no waiting required!  awesome, for real

But I also know where everything is, so its only a few seconds travel time generally. Meh.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: June 01, 2009, 11:37:07 PM

So, I guess it's time for my yearly check on EQ2's status quo.  Have they livened things up from the original 'pick a fight, hit a button, watch a little electric jolt hit the monster, repeat for five minutes until monster dead' combat?  Between taking forever to run everywhere and taking forever to go through a fight and taking forever to level, the game had a feeling of WoW being played at 1/10th speed, with crappy spell graphics.

Great models, and I still adore the player housing system, which beats out every other 3-D game ever.  Being able to hang your quest rewards up as trophies is a grand idea that vastly improves the sense of accomplishment.  But it hasn't been enough to keep me subscribed in the past, because the gameplay keeps rubbing me the wrong way.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #166 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:58 AM

My multi-game guild of 9 years, about which I kept saying in this forum "they're all still playing EQ2 and enjoying it", has just quit EQ2 after two years of endgame raiding, in favour of LotRO.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: June 02, 2009, 06:13:05 AM

Between taking forever to run everywhere and taking forever to go through a fight and taking forever to level, the game had a feeling of WoW being played at 1/10th speed, with crappy spell graphics.
I'll give you the crappy spell graphics, but the rest isn't really my experience with the game. Of course, I don't raid, so ymmv.

Two years of end-game raiding and they still want to play mmo?  awesome, for real
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: June 02, 2009, 06:34:35 AM

Between taking forever to run everywhere.

Wow. I can see a lot of criticisms of EQ2, but slow travel isn't one. It's a fast travel mecca compared to WoW. Teleport bells everywhere, guild hall druid portals, fast flights when you're within a zone. I can be anywhere in Norrath in less than five minutes.

Leave two years of endgame raiding for LOTRO sounds like a big mismatch of styles since LOTRO has only a token "raiding endgame."

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: June 02, 2009, 08:15:09 AM

Sounds like burnout.  It doesn't matter how good a game is, most everyone will need a change of pace eventually.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:36 AM

That's why I take summers off. By the time October rolls around, I'm usually ready for some more EQ2. Although with Dragon Age coming out at the end of October...

My main is still not at the cap (Cav is 73 Wiz), and I still enjoy playing every winter. Running the SK/Inq and Necro/Warlock combos was fun a couple months ago, not sure if that's how I'll play this winter, though.

For me, most of these fantasy mmos end up being pretty much the same once you've gotten into the systems and the honeymoon wears off. I got tired of learning all the new quirks of each title only to find the same underlying game, so I just stick with EQ2. When I get tired of that, not sure what the heck I'd do, but none of the games out there right now are appealing. Conan sounds cool if they can fill in the content, SWTOR might be up my alley.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #171 on: June 02, 2009, 12:51:25 PM

My multi-game guild of 9 years, about which I kept saying in this forum "they're all still playing EQ2 and enjoying it", has just quit EQ2 after two years of endgame raiding, in favour of LotRO.

In favor of LotRO raiding or just LotRO?

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: June 02, 2009, 03:26:39 PM

Sounds like burnout.  It doesn't matter how good a game is, most everyone will need a change of pace eventually.

No that part I understand completely and I certainly can sympathize with. It's just that for a raider type LOTRO doesn't offer much.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: June 02, 2009, 06:23:00 PM

My comment wasn't really to anyone in specific, just an observation.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #174 on: June 03, 2009, 02:55:34 AM

In favor of LotRO raiding or just LotRO?

Back in 2000 we were Australia's first major EQ1 raiding guild. Nation with a small population in a lonely time zone, so if you raided in GMT+10 you either joined us or became nocturnal (our progress was about 6 months behind the well-known uberguilds). You had to keep up with guild expectations, but within reason - to get kicked out, you had to miss everything for months.

The guild founders all left EQ1 in 2003ish and played the DAoC PvP endgame, running it much the same way. Later we had a well-organised SWG guild through beta that flopped five months into live, then two attempts at WoW raiding guilds, various short-lived chapters in the other MMOs as they launched and died.

Various other Aussie guilds are actually renamed spin-offs of our failed chapters. Finally our EQ2 chapter was a big success. The EQ1 guild died in early 2008 so more of our old players joined EQ2. They ran it like an EQ1 raiding guild and progressed through content faster than other guilds in our time zone, until they had their fill (I skipped EQ2).

They've played LotRO before to level 50 and ran out of content. Therefore it makes sense to go back and do Moria until they get bored, and hope something else comes along. It's an endless nine-year obsession with well-organised MMOG guilds. Doesn't really matter what game, it's just about enjoying it and doing it well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:00:02 AM by Tale »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: I just Grabbed EQ2  
Jump to: