Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: 24 (Season 7) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 (Season 7)  (Read 38231 times)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 12, 2009, 03:25:30 AM

He's totally new.  His acting, however, is pure  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Unlike any other villain in 24, he seems to be enjoying himself and has a sense of humor.  I like that.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #71 on: March 17, 2009, 02:20:06 AM

He's totally new.  His acting, however, is pure  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Unlike any other villain in 24, he seems to be enjoying himself and has a sense of humor.  I like that.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 05:37:43 PM

Was there a logical explanation I missed at the beginning of the most recent ep for how Jack, after stealing a random car, could use a random laptop in said stolen car to instantly access the security cameras of the hospital he'd just left?   swamp poop

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #73 on: March 17, 2009, 07:48:32 PM

Was there a logical explanation...

You do know you are watching 24 right?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04:05 PM

Was there a logical explanation I missed at the beginning of the most recent ep for how Jack, after stealing a random car, could use a random laptop in said stolen car to instantly access the security cameras of the hospital he'd just left?   swamp poop

Well, he had taken the CD from the security station at the hospital, but Abagadro's right.  It's magic, dude!  Jack used his daily power to give the laptop a +4 to wireless hacking and rolled a natural twenty.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #75 on: March 17, 2009, 10:47:51 PM

Well, he had taken the CD from the security station at the hospital, but Abagadro's right.  It's magic, dude!  Jack used his daily power to give the laptop a +4 to wireless hacking and rolled a natural twenty.

He was looking at the contents of the CD taken from the security room (it was shown again in "previously on 24" at the start of the episode). No magic, no security camera access, just a laptop and a CD.

I thought it was more impressive that he could instantly find an old-fashioned car to hotwire the old-fashioned way.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 18, 2009, 07:26:19 AM

No, Tale.  How else would he hack all the firewalls in the laptop and decrypt the video-IP files to access the disc content?  I'll tell you how: Magic.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 18, 2009, 07:35:42 AM

Chloe did it when no one was looking.

Over and out.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #78 on: March 18, 2009, 11:49:58 AM

No, Tale.  How else would he hack all the firewalls in the laptop and decrypt the video-IP files to access the disc content?  I'll tell you how: Magic.

A computery moment I noticed - Jack sitting down at the Senator's desk, telling him why he needs to see the files. The computer is showing a desktop, no apps open. He starts tapping at the keyboard furiously with one hand, while not really looking at the screen, apparently trying to find what he needs. Tap, tap, tap ... somewhere up around the Backspace key.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 18, 2009, 03:31:47 PM

Clearly the desktop-like image shown was mere wallpaper for the DOS-prompt on the senator's computer.  Also, he was in a state of Clear Casting, so more than one key was not required to enter complex commands and navigate the options.  It truly is impossible to overestimate the abilities of Jack Bauer.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:44:13 PM by ahoythematey »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #80 on: March 20, 2009, 01:09:03 PM

That is one of my favorite things about "movie computers".  The protagonist always sits down in front of a Windows machine and uses nothing but the keyboard navigate the computer and do what ever it is he needs to do.  Aaaaaaaaalways happens.  Just like when ever they show a kid playing something like Grand Theft Auto on the Playstation, all the sounds are from Pac Man or something.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 20, 2009, 01:16:59 PM

That is one of my favorite things about "movie computers".  The protagonist always sits down in front of a Windows machine and uses nothing but the keyboard navigate the computer and do what ever it is he needs to do.  Aaaaaaaaalways happens.  Just like when ever they show a kid playing something like Grand Theft Auto on the Playstation, all the sounds are from Pac Man or something.

One word: Hackers

Over and out.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #82 on: March 20, 2009, 01:20:12 PM

My favorite is the season where someone hacked a computer through it's power cord.

Quote: That's brilliant, that way she bypassed the firewall.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #83 on: March 20, 2009, 03:14:14 PM

Clearly the desktop-like image shown was mere wallpaper for the DOS-prompt on the senator's computer.  Also, he was in a state of Clear Casting, so more than one key was not required to enter complex commands and navigate the options.  It truly is impossible to overestimate the abilities of Jack Bauer.

Nerf Hacker Spec.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #84 on: March 31, 2009, 07:03:04 AM

Blackwater Starkwood can afford protective masks when handling bioweapons, but apparently FBI and Navy Seals don't need to wear them when searching for the same.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:08:11 AM by Tale »
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 31, 2009, 07:36:24 AM

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #86 on: April 07, 2009, 05:50:57 AM

OMG they're going to cure brain damage from mad cow disease with an injection of stem cells and it will be like a snake antivenom.

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 07, 2009, 07:25:31 AM

Facepalm
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 20, 2009, 07:10:58 PM

There aren't many images that can truly capture what the latest happenings in this season make one feel, but this classic might be close:

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 20, 2009, 07:12:55 PM

I haven't yet seen today's episode, but so far this season has been better than the last 4 or 5.  Did the VP suddenly appear on the phone with terrorists, twirling his mustache and wearing an opera cape?  Anything less than that is fine with me. 

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 20, 2009, 07:13:41 PM

It's definitely close.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #91 on: April 20, 2009, 08:55:01 PM

Was there a logical explanation...

You do know you are watching 24 right?

Dude, his contemporaries are still working out intelligent design.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 21, 2009, 07:45:51 AM

I just watched the episode.  Ahoy, I didn't see anything especially shocking or hackneyed.  If anything this episode a bit low-energy. 

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #93 on: April 21, 2009, 12:09:13 PM

Same here. Maybe he meant the previous episode with the sudden Almeida thing at the end.

But I'm still anticipating the curing of mad cow disease. Jack's brain is damaged but we can rebuild him with one simple injection of stem cells.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:13:18 PM by Tale »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:19 PM

Same here. Maybe he meant the previous episode with the sudden Almeida thing at the end.

But I'm still anticipating the curing of mad cow disease. Jack's brain is rotting but we can rebuild him.

Jack's always been so single-minded that he has a lot of unused brain matter the 'disease' needs to chew through before it gets to the important stuff.  Once his brain is restored after an injection of Kim-cells, I look forward to the scene in the last episode when he inexplicably gets caught in a bear trap.

Over and out.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 21, 2009, 02:25:18 PM

Well, I guess I am still reeling from the whole Almeida "twist".  It's always been ridiculous bullshit, but more arms dealers pulling all the strings?  Really?

Let's not even go into Jack Bauer's mutant healing factor, or the taint that is Kim Bauer.  The show will do that for us, in spades.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #96 on: April 21, 2009, 05:16:26 PM

the taint that is Kim Bauer

"I didn't want to hurt him with the news that he's got a grandson". Most people would die happy if told that on their deathbed.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #97 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:16 PM

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:41 PM

At this point I don't care if the eighth season is about a war between the US and Candyland, just as long as they STOP BRINGING KIM BAUER INTO THE PICTURE.  That plot point has been stretched so thin it's width could only be measured in nanometers.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 19, 2009, 07:29:31 PM

Fantastic ending, fantastic season.  Best since season 1.  Anyone who watched 24 early in its run and stopped because of the crapitude, watch this season. 

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 19, 2009, 11:34:03 PM

Towards the end this season has been nothing but ridiculous.

BUT...I ended up enjoying it.  Surprisingly, I didn't hate the mandatory Kim Bauer hostage crisis in this season.  I guess that's something...
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 19, 2009, 11:40:26 PM

Technically, she was never a hostage (well, maybe for a few seconds, but that's it).  Plus, she didn't fall into any bear traps, so I'd say she's improving. 

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #102 on: May 21, 2009, 11:22:56 PM

Fantastic ending, fantastic season.  Best since season 1.  Anyone who watched 24 early in its run and stopped because of the crapitude, watch this season. 

What made me laugh this week was that they've switched from technological cluelessness to ad placements for Cisco IP videoconferencing.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #103 on: May 22, 2009, 06:52:37 AM

I like how they really mixed it up this season, lots of mini-bosses instead of one major boss!

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #104 on: May 22, 2009, 03:18:24 PM

I predict the First Gentleman hooks up with the remaining conspirators in the next season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: 24 (Season 7)  
Jump to: