Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Apparitions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apparitions  (Read 2329 times)
tar
Terracotta Army

on: January 12, 2009, 04:32:25 AM

Anyone like Ultraviolet? The TV series, not the film :) Apparitions is by Joe Ahearne, same guy behind that.

In a way it's a successor to Ultraviolet, it has similar themes. So if the idea of a more mature Ultraviolet appeals, with demons instead of vampires, then check it out. I ended up watching the entire thing twice in one weekend, it's that good :)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:26:59 AM

I loved Ultraviolet back in the day (wasn't there an American version of it too?) but missed this despite best plans.  It's had a lot of good feedback though and I will get around to seeing it eventually I'm sure.

EDIT: I was thinking of Demons with Philip Glenister.  This is that tosh with Martin Shaw right? Wasn't overly impressed but also wasn't paying much attention at the time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 04:07:14 AM by DraconianOne »

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:23:28 AM

Yep, it's the one with Martin Shaw.

It's worth paying attention to the first episode :) If it hasn't grabbed you by the end then you're probably not going to like it. It's slower paced and more introspective than Ultraviolet was but builds up to a great deal of intensity by the final episode.

It's a nice mix of roman catholic church politics, philosophical questions, exorcisms and people getting mutilated by demons. Fun for all the family!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Apparitions  
Jump to: