Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:59:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Next major patch announced: Apocrypha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next major patch announced: Apocrypha  (Read 86983 times)
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: March 17, 2009, 06:19:56 AM

Has anyone mentioned how hilarious the bumping of capital ships has been?

I don't think hilarious is quite the right word.  swamp poop

The skill queue is pretty much the best update ever though.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: March 17, 2009, 07:07:56 AM

The skill queue has made my training soooo much more efficient.  I don't get a chance to log in every few hours and so the boon of queued skills has really helped me get the most out of my time.

3 more days to Amarr BS and then I can start working on the t2 energy weapons.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: March 27, 2009, 06:53:36 AM

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #353 on: March 27, 2009, 07:02:18 AM

The skill queue has made my training soooo much more efficient. 

I had a problem for a while where I'd set a short then a long skill, go to work, come home, note that Evemon was reporting my long skill was training on schedule, but upon login found out that I was not training any skill.  That hasn't happened lately thankfully.

It has been a godsend though - I am able to pick up a lot of the piddly 2/3s that take 1-6 hrs that I needed, but that under the old system you had to strictly schedule yourself to be around when they finished.

Witty banter not included.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: March 27, 2009, 07:09:23 AM

That happened one of my accounts too, just what we need more Eve paranoia.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #355 on: March 27, 2009, 11:26:37 AM

The skill queue has made my training soooo much more efficient. 

I had a problem for a while where I'd set a short then a long skill, go to work, come home, note that Evemon was reporting my long skill was training on schedule, but upon login found out that I was not training any skill.  That hasn't happened lately thankfully.

It has been a godsend though - I am able to pick up a lot of the piddly 2/3s that take 1-6 hrs that I needed, but that under the old system you had to strictly schedule yourself to be around when they finished.

This happened to me when I queued up a long skill that was partially trained, when it started training, it reported it to evemon as starting from 0%, I just clicked the little refresh icon on the top-right corner of each character window it fixed it.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: March 29, 2009, 08:34:11 AM

Necroing some stuff from a few pages ago (that I hadn't read before I started the trial) I'd just like to whine, but a friend is Eve-ing and I started a trial account. She's in a lowbie pirate corp and I figured I'd get the basic combat build and tackle for her a bit and get blown up on the company's dime. See what the new stuff was and all that. And check out the newbie tutorial that supposedly was updated.

Geezus on a popsicle stick what were they thinking making the newbie experience harder rather than easier? No Frig IV? And great job on the tutorial missions, set the player up with some guns and gun skills, then hand her a missile boat. Seriously, they should just give you a million points or some such to play with.

I do like the skills queue though.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: March 29, 2009, 08:35:57 AM

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: March 29, 2009, 08:59:29 AM

Siigari has lost Black Ops battleships like normal people lose regular battleships in the past. I'm wondering why he just doesn't hire an army.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: April 11, 2009, 05:57:14 AM

I've been doing a fair amount of scanning lately with good sucess found a wormhole and shit and scanned down a few ships which is painfully slower than it used to be. Thing is I can't seem to scan down POS's unless they have ships sitting near them/inside them anyone else aware of this? I'm using combat probes the core ones don't pick up a signal at all.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #360 on: April 11, 2009, 06:10:16 AM

Core probes only hit exploration sites - signatures (wormholes, profession sites, complexes, hidden belts/gas) or anomalies (mini-plexes).

I know I've seen structure hits when using Deep Space probes. I haven't tried combat probes yet as they're weaker than cores for exploration sites, and I only really need to know if there's other folks in my sites before warping to them - deep spaces work just fine for that.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: April 11, 2009, 06:14:43 AM

Core probes only hit exploration sites - signatures (wormholes, profession sites, complexes, hidden belts/gas) or anomalies (mini-plexes).

I know I've seen structure hits when using Deep Space probes. I haven't tried combat probes yet as they're weaker than cores for exploration sites, and I only really need to know if there's other folks in my sites before warping to them - deep spaces work just fine for that.

Yeh the deep space probes only get a low signal, on the POS I placed four combat probes all around it and the best I can get is 48% when if I did the same technique with a frig there I would get 100% on the frig, I think it's borked.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #362 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:23 AM

It's all tied in with "Signature Radius", and in the course of balancing POS warfare they may have given POS bits a very low sig radius, which is bleeding over into detection.  Alternatively, they may want locating POS's exactly to be a labor-intensive process (it's not like they can hide, they may just want intel on which moons have POS to require actually eyeballing the site).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #363 on: April 11, 2009, 11:41:19 AM

Finding towers by using the on-board scanner is pretty easy actually.  No real need to use probes.

Good question though.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: April 11, 2009, 12:12:19 PM

Aye I can find their location no problem it's landing near them even when I have completely pinpointed their location to 7million kilometres that I'm having problems with. Using the same technique I can land right on a frig but apparently a control tower has a smaller sig radius  ACK!

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:28 AM

Quick patch announcements

# The Focused Warp Disruption script will no longer generate a visual bubble around a Heavy Interdictor as this was causing confusion. The script will still scramble within the correct area of effect.

# Every scan result will now get a unique ID allowing you to manage and sort scan results with greater ease. You can now filter this unique ID and ignore all other results when scanning for certain signatures.

Woot! \o/
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: April 15, 2009, 04:11:48 AM

# Every scan result will now get a unique ID allowing you to manage and sort scan results with greater ease. You can now filter this unique ID and ignore all other results when scanning for certain signatures.

Woot! \o/

This will make it so much less annoying.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #367 on: April 15, 2009, 04:44:47 AM

That'll substantially change the way I probe things down; using a dragnet approach will become a lot more viable instead of focus-scanning each result individually.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #368 on: April 15, 2009, 06:07:12 AM

I'm excited about the scanning changes.  I liked the new system in general but it had some annoying quirks, almost all of which appear to be resolved by this patch.

I'm a little nervous about what the Scorpion changes mean to me... guess it's a good thing that I'm only about 2 weeks away from a reimbursement Rokh, finally.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: April 15, 2009, 06:31:17 AM

Yeh I hated having to focus on one signature and then find out that it was actually a wayward scan deviation of one that I had scanned hours before. My only gripe now is the hit detection on the 3D arrows & boxes could be a bit less finnicky. I have had probes shoot off about 256 AU just by clicking them, this would be really annyoing if I was trying to quickly scan out ships.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: April 15, 2009, 08:03:16 AM

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: April 15, 2009, 08:05:14 AM

Quote from: Apocrypha 1.1 Patch notes
Need for Speed

* Major market hubs will benefit from a significant increase in performance with changes to the client that result in fewer database calls and a more streamlined performance.

Tech 3

* The fourth offensive subsystem will allow the fitting of covert ops cloaking devices and the ability to use covert ops jump bridges.
    * The fourth defensive subsystem will provide a bonus to warfare links.
    * The fourth propulsion subsystem will provide immunity against non-targeted warp disruption fields, interdictor spheres or anchored bubbles.
    * The fourth engineering subsystem will give you a bonus to heat damage reduction allowing you to overheat your modules for longer.
    * The fourth electronic subsystem will provide bonus to equip an expanded probe launcher and gain a 10% scan strength bonus to probes per level
    * The "Legion Offensive - Convergent Beam Focuser” subsystem has been renamed to “Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization” and now gains a bonus to Heavy assault missile damage and missile launcher rate of fire following a new Khanid focus.

Ships

* The Falcon has gained one addition turret slot.
    * A 10m3 drone bay / 10 mbit drone bandwidth has been added to the Falcon.
    * The ECM strength bonus has been increased to 30% per recon ships skill level for the Falcon.
    * The ECM Optimal range bonus has been switched to a 5% Hybrid Damage bonus on the Falcon.
    * A 25m3 drone bay / 25 mbit drone bandwidth has been added to the Rook.
    * 100 base hit points have been added to the shield of the Rook.
    * The ECM Optimal Range bonus has been swapped for a 5% Rate of Fire bonus to Heavy and Heavy Assault launchers per Caldari cruiser skill level for the Rook.
    * The ECM strength bonus has been increased to 30% per level on the Rook.
    * The ECM optimal bonus has been switched to 20% ECM optimal and falloff range bonus per level for the Scorpion.
    * The ECM strength bonus has been changed to 30% per level for the Widow
    * Stealth Bombers have had their role refocused to be anti-battleship role. They now equip siege missile launchers and use torpedoes instead of cruise missiles which allow them to inflict large volley damage against big targets and gain the ability to equip a covert ops cloak so can warp around whilst cloaked. In addition bombs have been made cheaper and the bomb launcher can now be equipped in any of the bombers high slots along with other changes to aid them.
    * Stealth Bombers now gain a bonus to fitting siege missile launchers instead of cruise missile launchers.
    * Stealth Bombers can fit and use a covert ops cloak allowing them to warp whilst cloaked.
    * Stealth Bombers now have a 15% bonus to damage for racial torpedoes per covert ops skill.
    * Stealth Bombers now have a flight time and velocity bonus to torpedoes. The power grid and cpu fitting attributes have been adjusted for all Stealth Bombers.
    * The base velocity of Stealth Bombers has been increased.
    * Bomb launchers can now be fitted to any high slot on the bomber.
    * Covert cynosural fields can now be activated in cynojammed systems allowing black ops ships to jump or bridge other covert ops ships into the cynojammed system.
    * Black Ops ships have received an increase to their base scan resolution attribute allowing them to lock faster.
    * Black Ops ships have gained +100m3 to their cargo bay.
    * The Black Ops base jump fuel cost has been decreased from 400 to 300 units per light year.

Modules

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: April 15, 2009, 08:14:14 AM

Quote from: Apocrypha 1.1 Patch notes  Heart Heart

User Interface

* All linked tutorials will now say "wiki" as opposed to EVElopedia.
    * Every scan result will now get a unique ID allowing you to manage and sort scan results with greater ease. You can now filter this unique ID and ignore all other results when scanning for certain signatures.
    * It is now possible to bookmark a 100% signature hit remotely via right click in the context menu. In addition, the scanner will remember signatures which were scanned at 100% so that they are not lost on subsequent scans.
    * The range for scooping items from a wreck or container has been increased from 1500m to 2500m. In addition the scoop range for drones has also been increased to 2500m

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: April 15, 2009, 08:36:29 AM

* The ECM Optimal range bonus has been switched to a 5% Hybrid Damage bonus on the Falcon.

Heh, hah....ha...AH HA HA HA.

Heh..also supposedly someone posted a fitting for a T3 ship using the new subsystems that would be an uncatcheable covert ops cloaking anti-support sniper.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #374 on: April 15, 2009, 09:40:39 AM

Wait, is this CCP?  Did they sell the company or something?  These patch notes seem pretty intelligent on the whole.

I especially like how stealth bombers MIGHT be viable now.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #375 on: April 15, 2009, 09:49:03 AM

# Drones will now attack only the target assigned to them. In other words, drones will not just wander of and attack whatever they want. They will follow your wishes to the letter.

No more drones saving you from damps.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:24 AM

# Drones will now attack only the target assigned to them. In other words, drones will not just wander of and attack whatever they want. They will follow your wishes to the letter.

If that does what it says it does every Domi mission run in hi-sec just threw-up.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #377 on: April 15, 2009, 09:55:56 AM

If that does what it says it does every Domi mission run in hi-sec just threw-up.

Hi there 'The Blockade' where you regularly have <15km lock ranges even with a sensor booster active due to the 5 or more damps on you at any one time.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: April 15, 2009, 12:01:21 PM

Heh, hah....ha...AH HA HA HA.

Heh..also supposedly someone posted a fitting for a T3 ship using the new subsystems that would be an uncatcheable covert ops cloaking anti-support sniper.

Unbubbable covert ops cloaking anti-support sniper...
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: April 16, 2009, 08:32:19 AM

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: April 16, 2009, 10:19:15 AM

This latest patch is making me suspect something odd is going on at CCP.  Like they are becoming competent and aware of what people want....naahh...couldn't be.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: April 17, 2009, 01:27:35 AM

They're just trying to lull us into not noticing when all of the GMs start selling Titans on EBay.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: April 17, 2009, 04:46:14 AM

This latest patch is making me suspect something odd is going on at CCP.  Like they are becoming competent and aware of what people want....naahh...couldn't be.

You just had to say something silly like that, didn't you?

It's post downtime at the moment of writing this and everyone is staring at "Character Selection", at least who didn't get "Connection Timeout - The server did not respond to the client's secure-handshake request within a reasonable amount of time"

Nothings changed on this fair earth, and that includes new patches.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: April 17, 2009, 04:50:10 AM

Their website and forums are down too. I ran a tracert and it seems that they have fallen off the face of the Earth.

Did someone drop coffee in a server during downtime?  swamp poop

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #384 on: April 17, 2009, 05:40:04 AM

Quick, someone make sure martial law hasn't been declared in Iceland.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Next major patch announced: Apocrypha  
Jump to: