Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:18:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Damages 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damages  (Read 2578 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

on: January 07, 2009, 09:54:45 PM

What a great start to Season Two!   Heart
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:00:48 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:44 AM

So am I really the only one watching this?  That's a shame, it's a well written show with good plotting and characters.  The writers have done an excellent job segueing from season one to season two.  In season two, Ellen's obsession with utterly destroying Patty mirrors Patty's season one obsession with utterly destroying Frobisher.  Patty is still as sharp and cutthroat as ever, but now there's an undercurrent of guilt from the attempt on Ellen's life, Ray's suicide and now the death of Daniel Purcell's wife.  Though there's a lot more going on with Daniel than just some corporate whistleblowing.

I was wondering before the first episode if the writers would use the flashfowards this season like they did in the last.  The answer is yes and it doesn't come off as trite, though the technique isn't quite as shocking or engaging as last season.  There's also some clumsy editing at times with the flashfowards, but that's really the only flaw I can find in the show so far.  Plenty of twists and turns and as usual, there's more to pretty much everyone than meets the eye, what with
Good stuff.

Over and out.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:31:46 AM

Oh, I totally didn't realize this was back on.  Will definitely check it out next week when I can get around to it.

One of my favorite shows of last year.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:32:57 AM

So am I really the only one watching this?  That's a shame, it's a well written show with good plotting and characters.  The writers have done an excellent job segueing from season one to season two.  In season two, Ellen's obsession with utterly destroying Patty mirrors Patty's season one obsession with utterly destroying Frobisher.  Patty is still as sharp and cutthroat as ever, but now there's an undercurrent of guilt from the attempt on Ellen's life, Ray's suicide and now the death of Daniel Purcell's wife.  Though there's a lot more going on with Daniel than just some corporate whistleblowing.

I was wondering before the first episode if the writers would use the flashfowards this season like they did in the last.  The answer is yes and it doesn't come off as trite, though the technique isn't quite as shocking or engaging as last season.  There's also some clumsy editing at times with the flashfowards, but that's really the only flaw I can find in the show so far.  Plenty of twists and turns and as usual, there's more to pretty much everyone than meets the eye, what with
Good stuff.

I enjoyed season one,  but had to stop watching due to a scheduling conflict.  At this point,  I don't want to start watching season two without knowing how season one sorted out.

Great show, though.  Been meaning to pick up the DVDs.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 10:38:08 AM

FX has actually done a very nice job with keeping people caught up.  During the week before episode one of this season, they aired a 7 or 8 minute synopsis of what happened in season one.  They did the same thing with a 3 minute synopsis of episode one a couple days before episode two.  I'm not sure at what time or how often they were shown since my Tivo just picks them up automagically.  If you have recording capability though, I'm pretty sure FX broadcasts the show more than once a week.

Over and out.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:45 AM

I watch it, too.  Everyone is either completely evil or mostly evil or have turned evil recently.  I love that.  Although I miss them now and then, it's on a channel that likes to show them over and over so I can usually catch up even without a synopsis although I appreciate them when they're needed.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 07:51:44 PM

What a twist!

The best part of Damages is how it builds up.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Damages  
Jump to: