Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Travians 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Travians  (Read 8746 times)
naum
Terracotta Army

on: December 12, 2008, 02:32:52 PM

http://www.travians.com/

Another browser/AJAXy MMOG.

Actually, it should be a quiet day. However a message from your uncle alters everything. After a short
trip, you land in the middle of an antique village and a mysterious history. You not only inherit a house,
but also a funny pig with surprising abilities and a family curse. With the help of the eccentric villagers,
you soon explore the gigantic game world and find out slowly about the secret of your family.

In Travians, there is even more to experience, however. Finally, you master also a villager's daunting
everyday life here. This includes the reduction of different raw materials, your professional
specialization as well as the extension of your own four walls. Furthermore, the village tavern invites to
cheerful minigames; in the arena, the best compete at a fight and at the marketplace they haggle
roughly. However, the key to the success lies in the interaction within the gigantic village community. 

Because only through cooperation with other players, interesting trade connections, strong trees of
friendship and mighty guilds with splendid houses originate. 

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:35:26 PM

I used to play the other Travian, which was one of those browser war games.

Some fucking 10 year old brought my village to its knees and threatened to catapult me out of existence unless I paid him tribute every day.

....never again.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 05:05:58 PM

This game actually sounds interesting.  As long as the endgame doesn't involve having to stay up each night so you can hide your character from roving orcish rape gangs.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:02:23 PM

In as male Teuton, let's see how evil it is.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:07 PM

Started a club called Bat Country with the tag Bat Country. Go ahead and join if you play the game, we'll have a chat room.

Looks like I have to invite you. Just post your name here. This doesn't look at evil as Travian.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:08:50 PM by schild »
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:12:27 PM

Scratch that. Already quit. It's an RMT game based on the Euro. Yegah.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 11:47:25 PM

How pervasive is the RMT aspect? As I recall, the original Travian had a RMT thing where you would buy double production for a set amount of time or a few other goodies. They were nice, but hardly necessary or even desirable for the average player.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 12:05:25 AM

How pervasive is the RMT aspect? As I recall, the original Travian had a RMT thing where you would buy double production for a set amount of time or a few other goodies. They were nice, but hardly necessary or even desirable for the average player.

Well, it wasn't just the RMT thing, the performance kinda sucked, I really hated the interface, and the way the game responded to your actions was just unbearable. The RMT being in euros was just icing on the cake.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Travians  
Jump to: