Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patches 1.1a-d Have Arrived 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patches 1.1a-d Have Arrived  (Read 127706 times)
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: January 14, 2009, 10:29:41 AM

Well, all the 'players' want slayers, so it is likely that Mythic totally fucks it up yet again and ends up adding a class nobody wants.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: January 14, 2009, 11:32:11 AM

Very true.

Did you see their latest award btw? Check out second place...  awesome, for real

Linky: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?feature=2587&game=239&bhcp=1

Hilarious.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: January 14, 2009, 12:01:42 PM

"None of the Above" is a serious contender. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: January 14, 2009, 12:54:17 PM

MMORPG.com readers have voted and decided that it was the Best New Game of 2008 and because of its closest competition, the very least that you can say is that it’s literally better than nothing.

That needs to go up on the herald.  "Literally better than nothing."

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: January 14, 2009, 02:38:11 PM

players who had been anxiously waiting for the new RvR offering from Mythic Entertainment were not disappointed as the game came online with few, if any, glaring hitches.

Wait...what? Damn, I don't think I was playing the same game.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #355 on: January 14, 2009, 02:50:32 PM

MMORPG.com readers have voted and decided that it was the Best New Game of 2008 and because of its closest competition, the very least that you can say is that it’s literally better than nothing.

That needs to go up on the herald.  "Literally better than nothing."

But only for 33% of the people.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #356 on: January 14, 2009, 03:07:04 PM

"None of the Above"  -- #2 for 2008.

Cripes, that's epic. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: January 14, 2009, 03:51:21 PM

So it's better not to game than to play AoC, Pirates, etc.

LOL

This is great!
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #358 on: January 14, 2009, 05:12:24 PM

Well, strictly speaking, better not to play that year's MMOs.

I know some just gave up on MMOs for the year and retreated to their singler players and FPSs.

Or went back to WoW/Lotro/Eve. Which weren't on the list.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: January 14, 2009, 07:02:12 PM

You know, it's weird. I was pretty pissed off at this game 2 days ago. My rank 40 Marauder was effectively locked out from doing content because nothing was dropping on my occasional forays into Bastion Stair, which left Keep Sieges as my own route to getting my PVE resilience.

Of course that shit is still entirely random, as I'm cruelly reminded everyday, and it really really sucked getting 24th-62nd out of 73rd place for the nth time in a row.

Which is why I was so happy when my guild let me come along for a trip to Bilerot and Bloodwrought. The gear in there is a level above anything a Keep Lord would drop and, additionally, the shit drops like I was in the land of milk and honey.

So now I'm happy, I have 3 of 6 parts of my Sentinel set but I just have to wonder- Why was it so much easier to take the PVE route to gearing up? As I junked green bag after green bag from keep PQs I'd like to know these stupid consolation prizes even existed.

And then I said "Oh yeah".
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #360 on: January 14, 2009, 07:12:14 PM

that's the issue i had with timed lock-outs for bastion.
That place was easy, and could be farmed non stop if only they had given us no lock-outs. But for some reason they rather limit us to one run every 24 hours, that kinda made guild runs an annoying game of 'Pick me, Pick me!' and ninja grouping has been pretty common till I got sick of it with the stealth tells to book a healer in advance. Basically, the RVR set drops are harder to get and gear customization is kinda shit for RVR.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #361 on: January 15, 2009, 11:36:03 AM

Speaking of which - that XP requirement tweak. Noticeable, but not nearly enough. I'm messing around with alts while I wait for my better half to get bored, and tier 3 still requires trips to multiple racial pairings in order to advance through quests and whatever scenarios pop. I'm one of those weird freaks who actually reads the quest text, and that's a complete immersion killer.

It's really bad when reading the quest text kills your immersion. :(

God Save the Horn Players
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: January 15, 2009, 12:54:56 PM

Yeah yeah, so what I meant to say was that switching racial pairings was the immersion killer, not reading the quest text  Ohhhhh, I see.

Not that the storyline is particularly engrossing.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #363 on: January 15, 2009, 01:05:15 PM

You're right about switching pairings totally ruining everything, though. And really, not terribly off from the quest text thing, even if unintentionally, as when you switch pairings all the text acts like you belong there and give a shit about, say, dark elves being asshats when you're a dwarf that just wants to get on with dwarfing, etc. If that makes sense at all.

It probably doesn't.  swamp poop

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: January 15, 2009, 01:39:05 PM

It makes sense to me, but then I think we've had that discussion before.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: January 15, 2009, 03:38:01 PM

I'm not even clear what the difference between dark elves and... whatever the hell the other elves are.  High elves?  One side is a self absorbed bunch of assholes, and the other are a palette shift + even more asshole.  I guess it's a matter of degree.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: January 15, 2009, 04:24:55 PM

Close.  One side is a bunch of slighted assholes who recognize what they are, the other side are such big assholes they can't figure out why the others are all pissy and are a bunch of wusses on top of it.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #367 on: January 15, 2009, 04:34:46 PM

It's also a civil war so some level of similarity is built into the lore.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #368 on: January 15, 2009, 05:47:32 PM

It's a civil war of arisocrats vs military leaders with Chaos on the side of the military leaders.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: January 15, 2009, 06:17:44 PM

I'm not even clear what the difference between dark elves and... whatever the hell the other elves are.  High elves?  One side is a self absorbed bunch of assholes, and the other are a palette shift + even more asshole.  I guess it's a matter of degree.

Dark elves are hedonists who were banished from the High elf kingdom after a civil war. 

The actual lore of the Warhammer world, while not Pulitzer prize winning, isn't too bad, the problem is the lore doesn't really play out too well in the game.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #370 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:22 PM

The high elves didn't really strike me as assholes. I mean, sure they're assholes in the sense that "every single faction is a bunch of assholes," but I actually thought they were the least asshole-ish. I didn't play Chaos very much though, fuckin' no female tank having (at the time) side.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: January 15, 2009, 08:49:59 PM

The high elves didn't really strike me as assholes. I mean, sure they're assholes in the sense that "every single faction is a bunch of assholes," but I actually thought they were the least asshole-ish. I didn't play Chaos very much though, fuckin' no female tank having (at the time) side.

Ironically, the only faction that isn't arrogant or full of assholes are the green skins.  What's even more amusing is that in the "Warhammer in Space" world of Warhammer 40k, the greenskins are the good guys in as much as you can call them that.

Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: January 16, 2009, 04:56:58 AM

You can only call them "good guys" because they do what they're created to do, following their insticts and whatnot. But by that definition, the Tyranids are also "good guys" since you know, they just want to eat people.

Just like the orks just want to tear people apart for fun
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:19 AM

You can only call them "good guys" because they do what they're created to do, following their insticts and whatnot. But by that definition, the Tyranids are also "good guys" since you know, they just want to eat people.

Just like the orks just want to tear people apart for fun

That's the best you're going to get in the way the lore sets up the world.

Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: January 16, 2009, 07:40:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHFxbuQyuA

Oh and here's the latest youtube.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: January 16, 2009, 09:00:57 AM

Since I played relatively deeply through both the Elf and the Dark Elf campaigns, I have to side with the Dark Elves.  The Elves were concealing a lot more information from the player about the conflict between them.  The Dark Elves certainly used their biases and got a little too much into the who teenage angst thing, but seemed more justified in their actions.  By the time I reached Saphery, I was rather disgusted with the Elves' attitude.  (Had I not played through the Dark Elf campaign I'm not sure I would have felt the same.  Well, beyond their incompetance in military matters.)

Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: January 16, 2009, 09:30:37 AM

Hmm. Zone capture change - So if you hold all the keeps/BOs in a zone, you'll have a pretty good chance (?) of capturing the zone.

More reason to defend, but could be Interestingtm on unbalanced servers.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: January 16, 2009, 09:47:00 AM

Hmm. Zone capture change - So if you hold all the keeps/BOs in a zone, you'll have a pretty good chance (?) of capturing the zone.

I think balance has become less of an issue, at least on my server it has.  When I server merged to my current server about 2 months ago it was far more destro controlled.  Each night they had most BO's and keeps.  Since then we have seen a strong order alliance come up and exceed Destro in BO's and Keep taking as well we have locked more zones by 2x.  Ironically, I found out last night that a number of destro who were daily players that recently disappeared re-rolled to order side.  Cant say anything about other servers but this is what's happened on mine.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: January 16, 2009, 09:49:58 AM

On my server order doesn't hold a keep for more than 10-20 minutes, the map is fully red for 90% of the day.  We might as well set up a tent in altdorf and prepare to defend it 24-7.

I am the .00000001428%
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: January 16, 2009, 12:11:34 PM

Well the fortress changes did allow us to finally get beyond crashes and siege Inevitable City.

Our server had been in a stalemate since release, and many times we had crashes on the 2nd fortress take. Its like going to the NFC championship game but always coming 1 thing short of a Super Bowl.  Anyway with the crashes out of the way, we were able to break the stalemate and put the first capital city in play on Azazel.

Things I found irritating

Invader gear is RR55. People who play casually won't be able to wear that for a while, but they could go into a Lost Vale instance and for several hours of PVE walk out with an equivalent Dark Promise piece they could wear immediately. Something is wrong here, when PVE is the best way to gear your character.

PQ's only had 2 gold bags a pop. When you bust your tail to put a capital city in play, I personally think everyone should be rewarded well. You only have 5 hours to get past the first phase, and without Dark Promise (PVE gear) or full Invader/Conqueror you'll be pwned by the mobs in the next stage of the invasion. PQ's should drop NOTHING BUT GOLD BAGS, and the top 10 winners should get them. Personally I think these gold bag wins should be BOE so that you can help outfit your guild if you are lucky enough to keep winning gold bags.

The random drops off the trash mobs and mini bosses were pretty horrible. My level 39 renown vendor accessories were better than than the stuff dropping off these mobs.

4. Final Thoughts

Its a lot of work to put a capital city in play, and it should be rewarding for the attackers. However, the defenders should also get some decent rewards for their defending efforts so that they will want to come out to fight. Some city invasion PQ's had opponents, but most of the time it was just PVE'ing city invasion PQ's for 5 hours. That's pretty boring, and takes the excitement out of pushing that

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: January 16, 2009, 01:56:55 PM

The changes made to zone control are a start in the right direction for the game, and while I do echo the questions about how underpopulated servers will handle these new changes, it does add some weight to my views that Mythic, at the very least, is actively trying to fix issues with the game.   However, to me, this feels like they are trying re-engineer the Titanic after the it collided with an iceberg.  Seriously, performance issues and messed up mechanics.  They handed us a piece of crap, and now are trying to tell us how great it is they are uncrapifying it.

d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: January 18, 2009, 08:32:37 AM

PQ's only had 2 gold bags a pop.
Defenders are not guaranteed gold bags. I personally only saw 1 gold bag out of that whole experience and I was in IC as soon as the 2nd fort fell.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #382 on: January 18, 2009, 01:38:27 PM

Zone Control Suppliment?  Obviously its Zone Control is crap.  Just redo it.

"Me am play gods"
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: January 18, 2009, 07:17:58 PM

They are band aiding the problem, yet again, so they can work on their new classes to hold everyone for the few months it takes them to roll out an entire new T4 zone structure.

That or more mergers and their dev team just says fuck it, game sucks, let's work on something else.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: January 19, 2009, 05:32:26 AM

They are band aiding the problem, yet again, so they can work on their new classes to hold everyone for the few months it takes them to roll out an entire new T4 zone structure.

That or more mergers and their dev team just says fuck it, game sucks, let's work on something else.

http://www.keenandgraev.com/?p=1843

It appears that slayers are the replacement for Hammerers.  I am sure no one is surprised by this.  Then again, to me, this is another case of Mythic trying to take something that should have been in the game at release and rebrand it as new content. 

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patches 1.1a-d Have Arrived  
Jump to: