Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patch 1.0.6 - Highlights and more 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.0.6 - Highlights and more  (Read 104750 times)
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 01:02:33 PM

To be honest, WE's kill everyone.

Also, why the fuck would a WH attack an orc?

Exactly my question.  Your job is to F up the back lines(healers and range DPS) cause u can stealth to get there when others cant.  If you are trying to kill BO's you are doing it wrong

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:57:44 PM by Grim »
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 01:22:25 PM

Hmmm, so far the Blackguard is fun. It's pretty much an Ironbreaker with attacks that debuff the enemy rather than buffs for your oath-buddy. Makes it even easier than an IB to play since you just debuff people and don't have to keep messing with deffensive targets. T1 has been incredibly active on all fronts all day, with most of the scenarios consisting of 11 Blackguard and a zealot/shaman fighting 11 KotBS and a Runepriest. It's like a tanky retard slapfight with whoever's healer is best at running away being the winner.

Of course since we can't have anything good without the unnecessarily bad, the Heavy Metal event ended when the patch went in, so the only people who will never be able to wear the cloaks that are (mostly) fluff appropriate for their class are the BG and knights. Would it have fucking killed them to have the event go on a few more days so I can pretend to be a Corsair?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 01:49:18 PM

Am I the only person who finds it amusing that they are retooling public quests to be something you can practically solo.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 01:51:37 PM

Am I the only person who finds it amusing that they are retooling public quests to be something you can practically solo.

It's the only option to help people now working through the lower tiers.  PQ's give the best gear and there just aren't enough people to get them done anymore.  I think it gives hope to guilds that have fragmented over the past two months.  Getting through the low level content with 3 people is a nice thing.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 01:52:13 PM

Yes.  I thought they needed to let the quests dynamically adjust the encounter to those present.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 01:54:01 PM

Things I find amusing part deux - Unfortunate juxtaposition of f13 posts edition.

Bets on something major going wrong?

Stop baiting the new fish, they're already incoherent enough.

If I read this forum without ever looking at the details under their avatar, I'd have no idea whether the mostly decent, but at times incoherent bullshit was coming from a 200+ post user, a new user, or a long time user of this forum. Be fair to your long time users, new people here don't monopolize the stupidity, they're just easier to point out and pick on.

Exactly my question.  Your job is to F up the back lines(healers and range DPS) cause u can stealth to get there when others cant.  If you are trying to kill BO's you are doing it wrong

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 01:56:07 PM

It's the only option to help people now working through the lower tiers. 

Don't disagree, based on all reports it is essential for public quests to be done privately.

But still amusing.

schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 02:12:21 PM

Things I find amusing part deux - Unfortunate juxtaposition of f13 posts edition.

Bets on something major going wrong?

Stop baiting the new fish, they're already incoherent enough.

If I read this forum without ever looking at the details under their avatar, I'd have no idea whether the mostly decent, but at times incoherent bullshit was coming from a 200+ post user, a new user, or a long time user of this forum. Be fair to your long time users, new people here don't monopolize the stupidity, they're just easier to point out and pick on.

I'm always a fan of advice I don't need from people that shouldn't be giving it.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 02:15:45 PM

It's the only option to help people now working through the lower tiers.  PQ's give the best gear and there just aren't enough people to get them done anymore.  I think it gives hope to guilds that have fragmented over the past two months.  Getting through the low level content with 3 people is a nice thing.

Yeah, none of us saw that coming. (I would make that a link to multiple posts saying it was going to be a problem, but today I am just to damn lazy)
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 02:27:17 PM

I'm always a fan of advice I don't need from people that shouldn't be giving it.

Heart

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:42:56 PM by Grim »
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 02:30:58 PM

So, like, you're going back to wherever you came from right? Cool.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 02:31:57 PM

You leave them behind just as quickly.

Why's that a bad thing?  Most of them very surely deserve it.  And people highlight it here when those same games improve (e.g. EQ2, LotRO).
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 02:33:18 PM

It's all gone a bit grim in here.
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 02:37:28 PM

The problem is when you claim some sort of prescience over your ability to look at a pile of shit and advertise, "I smell shit on this one."

Congratulations: You have the insight of a small child.
I'd like to think that what sets f13 apart is we aren't the small children who would then willfully eat that shit.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:00 PM

Some of you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing, complaining for the sake of complaining.

Can you honestly say you don't enjoy that?

Also, schild forgot a comma.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:26 PM

You leave them behind just as quickly.

Why's that a bad thing?  Most of them very surely deserve it.  And people highlight it here when those same games improve (e.g. EQ2, LotRO).

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:43:08 PM by Grim »
gamerjock
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 02:41:49 PM

It's all gone a bit grim in here.

God damnit Parker I cant read your posts without laughing at the fluffy dog with the hat...

why so serious?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 02:43:12 PM

I'd like to think that what sets f13 apart is we aren't the small children who would then willfully eat that shit.

Man, eat it?  Hell no, I'd send it back to the chef and demand he piss all over it because it wasn't salty enough.
schild
Administrator

Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 02:43:16 PM

The problem is that you have a very closed little ecosystem here where it's the same people saying the same things for years.

I change things as I see fit - considering you weren't around 5 years ago when I took the reins, I just have the unfortunate pleasure of telling you "you have no fucking clue what you're talking about."

Also, when the MMOG community genre starts changing, we'll start saying new things.

If the community wants to maintain a sense of being a place to discuss gaming with superior ideas vigorously tested through discussion, it's going to have to drop the laughable elitist attitude.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:45:07 PM by schild »
tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 02:45:22 PM

unfortunate pleasure

I have to think about this.
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 02:45:52 PM

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:43:19 PM by Grim »
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 02:46:34 PM

If the community wants to maintain a sense of being a place to discuss gaming with superior ideas vigorously tested through discussion, it's going to have to drop the laughable elitist attitude.

Corpnews might be more to your taste.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 02:48:19 PM

Some of you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing, complaining for the sake of complaining.

Enjoy it? FUCK, I LIVE FOR IT.

Welcome to F13, Grim. We eat our own young.

schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 02:51:22 PM

So, like, yes, that "wherever I came from" being the same world that you inhabit. So, I'm going back to where you live, in the same industry you work in from what I gather. Forums aren't my general habitat, most often because they're filled with ego maniacal pricks that gather in small packs to pat each other on the back at any opportunity. (See VN boards, where any negative post is met with immediate resistance from mauspolice/dieplskthxbai)

This place is a bit different, in that the pricks are older and have better English. I'm sure you're all fine people in real life, but the internet has a way of drawing out that inner elitist bastard that you would never allow out in the real world public without being reminded just how low on the totem pole most of us are in this world.

Dude. DUDE.

You just came into someone else's house and gave advice.

Please, stop using the phrase "elitist." You look like an asshole.

Edit: Clarity.
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 02:51:40 PM

The problem is that you have a very closed little ecosystem here where it's the same people saying the same things for years.

I change things as I see fit - considering you weren't around 5 years ago when I took the reins, I just have the unfortunate pleasure of telling you "you have no fucking clue what you're talking about."

Also, when the MMOG community genre starts changing, we'll start saying new things.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:43:32 PM by Grim »
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 02:52:44 PM

Enjoy it? FUCK, I LIVE FOR IT.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 04:23:42 PM by Grim »
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 02:54:27 PM

You could've just said that you're Saturn and it would've sounded waaay cooler.

Grim, first, I'd like to thank you for giving us entertainment tonight. Second, I'm curious. Where do Ard and I fit in your neat little fursecution plot?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 02:56:52 PM

Grim, first, I'd like to thank you for giving us entertainment tonight. Second, I'm curious. Where do Ard and I fit in your neat little fursecution plot?

Whoa, back the train up.  I don't give a rats ass what he thinks about me.  Oh god.  Why am I still reading this... fuuuuuck... back to miniguns and ovaltine I guess.

edit:  (and for the record, I only visit the warhammer forum at this point to troll and threadshit, because really, this conversation is far more entertaining than those patch notes ever were)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:58:50 PM by Ard »
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 02:57:57 PM

So, like, yes, that "wherever I came from" being the same world that you inhabit. So, I'm going back to where you live, in the same industry you work in from what I gather. Forums aren't my general habitat, most often because they're filled with ego maniacal pricks that gather in small packs to pat each other on the back at any opportunity. (See VN boards, where any negative post is met with immediate resistance from mauspolice/dieplskthxbai)

This place is a bit different, in that the pricks are older and have better English. I'm sure you're all fine people in real life, but the internet has a way of drawing out that inner elitist bastard that you would never allow out in the real world public without being reminded just how low on the totem pole most of us are in this world.

Dude. DUDE.

You just came into someone else's house and gave advice.

Please, stop using the phrase "elitist." You look like an asshole.

Edit: Clarity.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:43:53 PM by Grim »
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #64 on: December 02, 2008, 03:00:33 PM

You could've just said that you're Saturn and it would've sounded waaay cooler.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:44:05 PM by Grim »
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 03:00:53 PM

It's not a competition.  Say your peace and take the hits/praise.  And move on to the next game/issue/thing.

And what AP said -- there are metric ton of worse sites out there.  Worse as in attitude and elitism.  
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 03:01:37 PM

I haven't really been posting here all that long myself (maybe a year? I am definitely not part of the old guard), but the Giant Warhammer Online Marc Jacobs Stalking Invasion is really the first time I've particularly noticed a giant backlash against new posters. I think there were probably a fair number of babies thrown out with the bathwater, and it is to the point where anyone with <50 post automatically becomes suspect and their posts get filtered through all the wall of text nonsense that the other new people posted. Probably not really fair, but it is the way of the internets.

But yeah there is a bit of clannishness, and its hard to keep track of everyone and everything. I am still constantly caught by surprise by sudden flame wars between two people who seem perfectly normal over shit that went down like 8 years ago on some Scott Jennings comment thread or something, I just try to let that sort of thing wash over me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:03:24 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 03:02:20 PM

Whoa, back the train up.  I don't give a rats ass what he thinks about me. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:44:16 PM by Grim »
Grim
Developers

TC Digital

Reply #68 on: December 02, 2008, 03:05:53 PM

It's not a competition.  Say your peace and take the hits/praise.  And move on to the next game/issue/thing.

And what AP said -- there are metric ton of worse sites out there.  Worse as in attitude and elitism.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:58:42 PM by Grim »
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 03:06:19 PM

Where else can people wall-of-text and have Mark read it other than here?
 ACK!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patch 1.0.6 - Highlights and more  
Jump to: