Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 125308 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #70 on: December 16, 2008, 06:01:01 PM

I O U One Beer for telling me how to make my own buttons.  Take that, Horizons!  I'll report back on this dancing project.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #71 on: December 17, 2008, 10:51:05 AM

I should read those slash commands more closely.  Making buttons for the dance moves helped, plus I also realized exactly how I was failing.  First off, I was typing too slowly and not getting STEP PERFORMED, which I was pleased to see existed as an indicator.  Second, when he said "Now the second dance.... do step three here" he meant do /dance2 then /dance3.  I had been just doing /dance3 because I thought he was simply introducing the second set of dance moves.  Now Dwuli can do a dwarf dance.

Other than that, I did some dwarf-quests with Dwuli since I have not had the pleasure of experiencing Thorin's Hall before now.  I'm also getting into the finer points of murdering things with the rune keeper, and I'm loving it more and more.  I do miss some hunter perks like the tracking and movement skills, but overall it is a blast.  Pun!

I haven't found any damn scholar jars around Thorin's Hall.  I'll just have to wait until I get out into Ered Luin proper before I go whole-hog into scholaring again.  Already sent everything of importance from Uluphant to Dwuli.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #72 on: December 30, 2008, 01:25:15 PM

I got some racial dances and a TATER.  I am not sure if there is a funny hat this time but seems like I won't be getting it.

Otherwise things are fairly standard.  Lone Lands Leveling with a little alt-play.  The Yule stuff is derailing most serious attempts to do other things.  I think I can take Fallia back to wrap up all that Old Forest shit I need to do since she is now 24, but I'm not sure the wife is too keen on it.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 30, 2008, 01:38:37 PM

I got some racial dances and a TATER.  I am not sure if there is a funny hat this time but seems like I won't be getting it.

Otherwise things are fairly standard.  Lone Lands Leveling with a little alt-play.  The Yule stuff is derailing most serious attempts to do other things.  I think I can take Fallia back to wrap up all that Old Forest shit I need to do since she is now 24, but I'm not sure the wife is too keen on it.

Oooo, i can help, Trucegore is 26 Lore master.

I really wanted the hats from Halloween! I did however buy some fireworks off a guy who kept them over from spring. So those are for Wed night!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #74 on: December 30, 2008, 04:25:40 PM

Oh man I want one of those bunny masks.   awesome, for real

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #75 on: December 31, 2008, 09:15:52 AM

Those are man-rewards, yeah?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008, 10:07:11 AM

Those are man-rewards, yeah?

They are from the harvest fest, and i believe they are race indiscriminate. I personally want the bucket helm, but i could not find an image of it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #77 on: December 31, 2008, 11:24:30 AM

Festival ends today, so I'd better get very lucky!

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008, 12:45:24 PM

Festival ends today, so I'd better get very lucky!

Fuck. Still haven't managed to get the Hobbit wallpaper and Elf wreath.

I lucked out last night and got the Bree and Elf Snowglobes, completing my set. It had been almost a week since I'd gotten anything else I wanted. I've been doing dailies every day with at least two characters, and running both races with my only 35+ character. So 4-6 gift boxes a day, and I still didn't manage to get everything I wanted.

Got lots and lots of trash loot outfits, though. The only ones I kept were Mariner's Hauberk and an Exquisite Short-Sleeve Dress. The latter appears different from the image linked in the "what's in the box" thread - it lacks the horrible Disney Snow White poofy sleeves, leaving it a bare-shoulder strappy thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:53:53 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Horik
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 31, 2008, 03:32:27 PM

Yule Festival ends on the 7th, you've got time.  awesome, for real
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #80 on: January 01, 2009, 12:06:37 AM

Ah, yes indeed.  I'm used to decent calendar software.

Also, Broken Alliance is fucking hard.  I figured out that ass-load of orcs is all elite, so I'm definitely going to need at least a tank.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 01, 2009, 02:28:24 PM

Excellent.

And I got the Hobbit wallpaper last night.

- Henry Cobb
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #82 on: January 01, 2009, 03:10:34 PM

Just need the bree snowglobe to complete the set, have all 4 wall papers, missing a few other things but nothing I'm that bothered about.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #83 on: January 02, 2009, 11:24:40 AM

Arthur, did you get the Yule tree from Lobelia?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #84 on: January 02, 2009, 12:15:48 PM

Yeah did that with two characters, it's easy enough even at very low levels.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #85 on: January 02, 2009, 12:54:43 PM

Took a little break this week to tool around with the FFH scenerios (and let my rest XP build!)  I will be back hot and heavy beginning next weekish - so if anyone needs something let me know!

Between Marween and myself there is no reason you should not be able to complete any quests; having a couple 50+ Champions is nice!   awesome, for real

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 12:37:42 AM

I gotta say the Yule festival presents have left me with the first discouragement since rejoining.  I turned in maybe enough for 7 or 8 boxes (maybe more, lost count, it's a blur) and out of that I got only a hauberk.  That's a lot of my time for something you can buy or get free on a promotion.  This was surprising.  I thought Turbine would either increase the success chance after New Year's or with the number of dud presents you got to at least improve things slightly.  This random gen stuff was sad.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 12:37:03 PM

If you get something bad, zone and wait a few minutes before opening another present.  I got a lot of doubles if I clicked too fast.  Not sure it is entirely random, it seems very strange that I got all 4 snow globes and all 4 wallpapers with no doubles, even when deliberately trying for doubles by clicking fast on the next present after opening a globe later on.  I was waiting till I had at least 6 presents from the same faction before opening anything in the end.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 12:59:56 PM

I'm not as MMO-hardcore as you, Arthur. awesome, for real  I did two turnins and got a red box and a tater.  Personally I think putting taters and coal in there was sort of mean.  This isn't EQ, and I'm certainly not grinding for festival tokens.

Ched, I'm going to try to get some help from you or someone this week.  My wife and I tried 1.11 again and while we did make it father, we were still wiped out at what I hope is the end.  I blew the +10 Hope (Radiance?) horn in the prior room when we were totally dreaded up but I could not tell that it made much difference and I spent several seconds cowering in fear.  The next room, however... that lich king was a total cockfag.  I was dropping some of his helpers, I see my wife bite it and when I turn around he was at full health.  Then again, she might not have been attacking him.

I want to break my hairy foot off in Tom's ass.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 03:12:15 PM

I'm not as MMO-hardcore as you, Arthur. awesome, for real  I did two turnins and got a red box and a tater.  Personally I think putting taters and coal in there was sort of mean.  This isn't EQ, and I'm certainly not grinding for festival tokens.

Ched, I'm going to try to get some help from you or someone this week.  My wife and I tried 1.11 again and while we did make it father, we were still wiped out at what I hope is the end.  I blew the +10 Hope (Radiance?) horn in the prior room when we were totally dreaded up but I could not tell that it made much difference and I spent several seconds cowering in fear.  The next room, however... that lich king was a total cockfag.  I was dropping some of his helpers, I see my wife bite it and when I turn around he was at full health.  Then again, she might not have been attacking him.

I want to break my hairy foot off in Tom's ass.

Is that Great Barrows?  That one is a tough one, but has awesome rewards.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #90 on: January 06, 2009, 11:27:22 AM

GB is definitely worth the effort for the rewards. 

Now, push ahead 10 lvls to Garth Agarwen (Lone Lands) where we are.  Fug.  That is all.  Appropriate that such a timesink is drawn to be a swamp.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 06, 2009, 11:35:44 AM

GB is definitely worth the effort for the rewards. 

Now, push ahead 10 lvls to Garth Agarwen (Lone Lands) where we are.  Fug.  That is all.  Appropriate that such a time sink is drawn to be a swamp.

It takes a while, but you can get some awesome loot in there.

I would be down for doing it again.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #92 on: January 06, 2009, 12:03:32 PM

I have never done that instance (Garth one).  My level 35 min is definitely interested!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #93 on: January 07, 2009, 07:32:31 AM

Yes, 11.1 is Othrongroth, which most people call the Great Barrow and some people call the Great Burrito.  In my case as a hunter, it seems the mid-twenties are about when I start having to actually get a fellowship together to do fellowship quests.  There's a /lff for 11.1 every few minutes during primetime, so next time I'll see if I can persuade the wife to get into a PUG.  I think PUG are great in this game, but then I've been playing MMOs since they were text-only so my standards are very fucking low.

In the absence of wanting to do 11.1 or Broken Alliance, my wife and I did a couple Old Forest quests that required us to report to Buckland, after which she went to bed.  I looked at my Quest sheet for a good, long time before deciding the Thing To Do would be to recall to Ost Guruth and have Fried-egg teleport me to Trestlebridge and I could do some North Downs quests which were getting very blue.  That worked out great and I completed several quests with a minimum of retreats.  Now I think I'm basically left with fellowship quests again, but I got from mid 25 to mid 26 and I have lots of tasty deeds to do, including re-murdering those ghosts in Fields of Fornost who are yellow and easy to kill.

I think we will end up going back to Lone Lands during our next session and doing even more quests out of Ost Guruth.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 07:45:55 AM

Personally I think putting taters and coal in there was sort of mean. 

But very in keeping with Tolkien.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Feaniad
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 12:24:00 PM

Dinged 20 last night on my Captain.  My highest lvl LOTRO toon. 

The herald system is kind of interesting.  Have some guy follow me around or throw a herald on the ground.  The bonus on the herald is nice, but having the guy around to leech health off of if need be is kinda cool too.

I bought the Heavy Armor skill since I want to be a slow 2 hander (halberd), so I'm going to have to shop for some armor soon.  Anyone play or know a crafter with some good deals?

Thanks much!

Feaniad - Captain

Back to LOTRO go I.

Brandywine - Feaniad (Captain)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 12:47:56 PM

Dinged 20 last night on my Captain.  My highest lvl LOTRO toon. 

The herald system is kind of interesting.  Have some guy follow me around or throw a herald on the ground.  The bonus on the herald is nice, but having the guy around to leech health off of if need be is kinda cool too.

I bought the Heavy Armor skill since I want to be a slow 2 hander (halberd), so I'm going to have to shop for some armor soon.  Anyone play or know a crafter with some good deals?

Thanks much!

Feaniad - Captain

What server are you on?

Feaniad
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 12:59:03 PM

Brandywine.  I'm in Riders of Middle Earth.

Back to LOTRO go I.

Brandywine - Feaniad (Captain)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #98 on: January 07, 2009, 01:02:57 PM

Fatwing is a metalsmith but not high level.  If you see her on, ask about what I can make and we will see.  I don't have a lot of materials, either, but that can be remedied kinda quickly I suppose if we run around Lone Lands for a bit.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 07, 2009, 01:05:33 PM

Brandywine.  I'm in Riders of Middle Earth.

Oh, hi there =)

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #100 on: January 12, 2009, 11:21:00 AM

I took Fatwing (lv16) to Trestlebridge for Happy XP Gain only to find out that I can't grab most of the quests.  I got as much as I could, though.  Then I logged in Fallia and went into the meat of the Esteldin quests, making lv27.  I'd be making more progress except for Persona 4.

My wife keeps saying that you should not be allowed to do the Epics out of order.  I disagree but she does have a point in there about organizing things for people who don't care to read. Ohhhhh, I see.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: January 12, 2009, 12:36:28 PM

My wife keeps saying that you should not be allowed to do the Epics out of order.

Without some significant redesign, it would break the high levels for soloers. You have to do Book 6 to get into the eastern half of Angmar, and you have to Volume II Book 1 to unlock Legendary items. Both of those are designed to be solo-able -- so they're the only ones I've finished.

Forced grouping is so 1999.

- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #102 on: January 12, 2009, 01:36:17 PM

She was referring to being able to get the starter quest for Books 2 and 3 without finishing Book 1, to which I say "Fuck the Great Barrow." awesome, for real  There's some merit but as you point out, the current design is for the best when it comes to Fun.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: January 12, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

She was referring to being able to get the starter quest for Books 2 and 3 without finishing Book 1, to which I say "Fuck the Great Barrow." awesome, for real  There's some merit but as you point out, the current design is for the best when it comes to Fun.

+1 Turbine?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #104 on: January 13, 2009, 10:12:41 AM

Definitely.  I want to finish Book 1 before I start on Book 2, but if I could not then I would be somewhat irritated.  Also, I seem to have the starters for Book 2 and Book 3 already.  Saves a bit of time.  For my alts, skipping 1.11 is entirely probable.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on?  
Jump to: