Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1108620 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4690 on: June 23, 2016, 03:39:08 AM

There's an unresolved issue with Sansa and the Knights that either we are going to see played out in the finale or the writers have forgotten about.

When Littlefinger returned to the Vale, Royce asked him what happened to Sansa. He told him that they were attacked by the Boltons and Sansa was captured. So, when he made Robin agree to get the Knights of the Vale to rescue Sansa, it looked as though there was something else going on. He was either not rescuing Sansa at all, he was going to murder all the lords on the way so they'd never find out about him arranging the marriage with Ramsay, or he was hoping that none of them would think to ask Sansa about the 'ambush'.

Now the KotV are with Sansa. What happens when Royce talks to her?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #4691 on: June 23, 2016, 04:15:26 AM

Littlefinger showed him once how he can manipulate Arryn.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4692 on: June 23, 2016, 06:19:33 AM

In the short term I assume neither Royce nor Robin are in the North, and Littlefinger's plan is to make nice with Sansa.

In keeping with everything TV Littlefinger has done since the purple wedding, it is a terrible plan. But not as terrible as (for instance) the meeting he had with the lords of the vale where he trusted them all with Sansa's identity at the same time as selling the lie about Lysa's death.

It is Littlefinger.  He is immune to all damage types except Sansa and/or Catelyn damage.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4693 on: June 23, 2016, 06:55:33 AM

In the short term I assume neither Royce nor Robin are in the North, and Littlefinger's plan is to make nice with Sansa.

In keeping with everything TV Littlefinger has done since the purple wedding, it is a terrible plan. But not as terrible as (for instance) the meeting he had with the lords of the vale where he trusted them all with Sansa's identity at the same time as selling the lie about Lysa's death.

It is Littlefinger.  He is immune to all damage types except Sansa and/or Catelyn damage.
It's heavily implied that Royce is the battlefield commander of the KotV. Littlefinger orders him specifically to gather the Knights together.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4694 on: June 23, 2016, 02:10:41 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4695 on: June 25, 2016, 09:33:25 PM

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4696 on: June 26, 2016, 07:15:36 PM

One season left.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4697 on: June 26, 2016, 07:16:49 PM

One season left.

News or a guess? I think you might be right though. Not enough characters left after tonight's episode. :D

"That's a pretty picture" Best line Sansa has issued in 6 seasons.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4698 on: June 26, 2016, 07:22:41 PM

One season left.

News or a guess? I think you might be right though. Not enough characters left after tonight's episode. :D

"That's a pretty picture" Best line Sansa has issued in 6 seasons.

Pretty sure they announced before this season that it would be the second to last season.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4699 on: June 26, 2016, 07:23:10 PM

Yassssssssssssssssssss!  However,

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4700 on: June 26, 2016, 07:25:54 PM

Amazing. I truly didn't expect the sept until next season. Fan goddamn tastic

Amusing reveal on Jon as It kept the truly earth shattering bits for people to piece together or learn next season.

Fabulous and it wrapped so much up. My only complaint it the episode felt too stuffed.

Agreed on the last scene. I used the phrase. Goddamn teleporters to my wife.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4701 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:32 PM

Agreed Phil, seemed completely out of place.

But who cares beacuse

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4702 on: June 26, 2016, 07:44:48 PM

Varys teleporting was dumb to me too; I assumed it would have been Grey Worm standing behind her.

Pacing was great this episode; they gave each scene enough time actually live instead of cutting around a whole lot.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4703 on: June 26, 2016, 07:48:42 PM

As I told my wife, they are really horrible at portraying time gone by. It was probably 8 months from the time Varys left to that final shot, but you'd never know it. Other than that one super glaring issue, I enjoyed this episode..

- Viin
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4704 on: June 26, 2016, 07:52:52 PM

We were also really leaping out of our seats about Varys showing up on the ships. Why not have him meet them when they land in Dorne? Really odd choice amid an episode of good stuff.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4705 on: June 26, 2016, 07:53:50 PM

Cersei certainly didn't seem surprised by Tommen taking the dive--and she certainly seemed ready to step in to the Iron Throne. So maybe, yes.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4706 on: June 26, 2016, 08:06:22 PM

What a bloody fantastic episode. Perfectly paced from start to finish, with some absolutely stunning cinematography and direction. 10/10

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4707 on: June 26, 2016, 08:07:40 PM

The cinematography was SO much better than almost every episode this season (except the previous one, which was on par) that it really made me smart for how pedestrian a lot of stuff was earlier on by comparison. The set-up for Cersei's blowing-up the Sept was stunning.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4708 on: June 26, 2016, 08:19:20 PM

As I told my wife, they are really horrible at portraying time gone by. It was probably 8 months from the time Varys left to that final shot, but you'd never know it. Other than that one super glaring issue, I enjoyed this episode..

When they lingered on the window I suspected it. When he came back into the frame, I laughed one of the most amused, evil, baleful laughs I think I've ever given.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4709 on: June 26, 2016, 08:26:42 PM

The cinematography was SO much better than almost every episode this season (except the previous one, which was on par) that it really made me smart for how pedestrian a lot of stuff was earlier on by comparison. The set-up for Cersei's blowing-up the Sept was stunning.

Agreed. The whole tone, framing, pacing and music were A+.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4710 on: June 26, 2016, 08:33:18 PM

6.09 and 6.10 both has the same director (Miguel Sapochnik) and I think it really shows. 6.07 and 6.08 were probably two of the weakest episodes of GoT ever (directed by Mark Mylod), while 6.05 and 6.06 were both good episodes (Jack Bender). It's notable that Miguel Sapochnik also directed 'Hardhome' last season, which was one of the highest rated episodes ever, while Mark Mylod's previous GoT credits include that fuckawful episode (5.04) where Barristan Selmy died in an alleyway.

They just need to give that guy the rest of the episodes and let him see what he can do when he's got control of a whole season

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4711 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:05 PM

Agreed on the fantastic episode. I'm rewatching it and the cinematography and pacing are really good.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4712 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:28 PM

They just need to give that guy the rest of the episodes and let him see what he can do when he's got control of a whole season

That would be too much to ask. I only hope they give him at least the White Walker battle and the razing of Kings Landing that's sure to come.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4713 on: June 26, 2016, 08:50:11 PM

Post episode thoughts:

- The whole trial scene was incredible, beautifully done and I felt true tension for the first time in ages with the cuts between Lancel and the Sept.
 - Tommen! That scene was the first time ever (as a book reader) that the show has genuinely shocked me. I expected him to die, but not like that. I was genuinely surprised, and I felt bad for the guy.
 - Watching Cersei get her revenge on the Septa was brilliant, really shows how she's gone full Mad Queen at this point.
 - Looks like we're back to Jamie's redemption arc after his brief return to being a twat in season five. I like this, Jamie as a character paying for his sins and learning from it is more interesting than just another murderous Lord. Nikolai CW really played the scene with the Freys perfectly. I'll be interested to see where he goes next season, in that scene at the end he looked genuinely heartbroken, and I suspect the loss of Tommen will break any remaining link he has to Cersei.
 - Arya baking Frey pies was fanservice done right. Glad she's out of Braavos at last! I suspect she'll be heading to King's Landing now, rather than Winterfell. I suspect Nymeria never makes another appearance on the show (Ghost was conspicuously absent tonight)
 - Lady Mormont is episode MVP for a third week in a row #kingindanorf
 - Not sure what Littlefinger's play is now, since Sansa is no longer in charge at Winterfell and the Vale nights have fallen behind Jon. But Aiden Gillan is still a great actor and I'm excited to see where this goes
 - I still have no clue where Sam's plot is going, but hey ho. Gilly gets hotter each week too
 - Dany finally left Mereen! Hoo-fucking-ray. Looking forward to the Dorne-Tyrell-Targ alliance next season.
 - Diana Rigg is such a talented actress that she can make scenes in Dorne magically non-shit.
 - The tower of joy scene was mostly done well, although I couldn't follow what Lyanna was saying (or supposed to be saying) to Ned, but the cut to Jon was just another beautiful shot.
 - Varys teleporting around the planet was really the only hole in this hole episode.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:52:24 PM by K9 »

Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #4714 on: June 26, 2016, 08:51:36 PM

This was so well done I was wondering if they gave the flunkies earlier episodes. The entire thing was great, I forgive teleporting solely because I accept not everything is happening linearly. My wife totally called the window scene too & was giggling about it the entire time & aftermath...
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4715 on: June 26, 2016, 09:02:59 PM

I thought the Mountain was going to snap the little fucker's neck, but the window worked just as well. Once he walked away taking off the crown, I knew what was coming next. Terrific episode from start to finish except for:

1) The whole Arya thing was only slightly less cheesy than what I predicted she'd do to Ramsay Bolton last week. Slightly.
2) The teleporting Varys was really unnecessary and totally fucks up any sense of the passage of time, something the show really needs to reign in.

Other than that, yes, they seriously need to pay this director whatever he wants to do the entire last season.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4716 on: June 26, 2016, 09:17:24 PM

Cersei with the comeback! If they score it properly I don't see how I don't leap from the cellar to the top. She killed off half the named cast, got in sick burns, and took the fucking Iron Throne by force! Knew the ol' gal would come through.

Great fucking episode.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4717 on: June 26, 2016, 09:19:06 PM

Other than that, yes, they seriously need to pay this director whatever he wants to do the entire last season.

He did Hardhome last year too. Guy has chops.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4718 on: June 26, 2016, 09:23:00 PM

He did Hardhome last year too. Guy has chops.

So basically the two best episodes the show has had.  This is not something i have ever paid attention to before in any episode of any show ever but Cersei's outfit was fanfuckingtastic.

I am the .00000001428%
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4719 on: June 26, 2016, 09:50:35 PM

Ya, loved her Darth Vader look and said so to my wife.

I wonder if Tommen will get points for killing a king.  awesome, for real

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4720 on: June 26, 2016, 11:59:42 PM

Re-watching it right now. The score work in the first 15 minutes in Kings Landing is fucking top notch. A hint of Wim Mertens there which is high praise from me.

-H.L. Mencken
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4721 on: June 27, 2016, 12:11:46 AM

So as someone who didn't enjoy the first season of this, but once enjoyed the books (gave up and didn't read the last one), is the series worth watching for some narrative closure?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4722 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:05 AM

So as someone who didn't enjoy the first season of this, but once enjoyed the books (gave up and didn't read the last one), is the series worth watching for some narrative closure?

No. Not really.  Not now at least.  Maybe after next season, and then you might need to watch it all go get where the divergences from the books lead to.

That being said, solid episode.  Really well done. 

-Rasix
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4723 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:45 AM

Cersei certainly didn't seem surprised by Tommen taking the dive--and she certainly seemed ready to step in to the Iron Throne. So maybe, yes.

She knew the prophecy was going to happen. She's believed it fully for a while now. She knew he was dead one way or another, so why not of his own choice?

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4724 on: June 27, 2016, 12:40:43 AM

Also on rewatch, there are a bunch of Martell sails in that final shot so Varys didn't teleport, there is a time jump with him bringing them into the alliance/fleet.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: