Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1115778 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #5040 on: July 08, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

I feel like Cersei was a stupid fucking first pick though, so there's that.

Edit: and Tyrion goes 9th? This must be data based on previous fantasy leagues because I can't remember a scene with Tyrion without food, death, tits, or sick burns.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5041 on: July 09, 2017, 12:09:37 AM

We still have my small league to play Schild!   awesome, for real

And hey, she at least has a good chance of killing lots of people.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5042 on: July 09, 2017, 12:47:30 AM

Varys, Tormund, and littlefinger all good value for picks 21 to 23.

Edit: and Bronn at 24!

At the halfway point Missandei, Ser Friendzone, Sam, and lyanna Mormont still available.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:11:21 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5043 on: July 09, 2017, 03:26:17 AM

I'm feeling pretty good about my picks for the small league. Jon Snow, Bran Stark, Yara Greyjoy, Ellaria Sand and Qyburn so far. Ok, so Qyburn is obviously going to die messily in the first couple of episodes but I have hopes he'll take someone important with him. In the big league, I only have a random Baelish prostitute so far. I'm going to get some nudity points at least and with luck she'll stab someone.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5044 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:42 AM

Sansa and Meera in the big league.

I guess Meera is going to have to stab a lot of things.

I don't know why I didn't rate Sam higher. Narratively he must either die or turn into a badass at this point.

Plus he just arrived in a place with food.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:01:55 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #5045 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:07 AM

I am pretty happy with my Hound pick up for the second.  He murders lots of dudes and has great lines while he does it.  Also likes to eat chicken.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #5046 on: July 09, 2017, 07:33:48 AM

The Mountain wheeled! Ok, I'm fine with Brienne and The Mountain. My unofficial team name is "Cersei's Dirty Work and a Giant Angry 90s Lesbian."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5047 on: July 09, 2017, 07:35:20 AM

Somehow I got Ghost in both leagues.

That dog better fucking represent!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5048 on: July 09, 2017, 07:49:49 AM

I got Obara Sand as my second pick in the main league. Now I'm torn because I really don't want the series to get bogged down in Dorne, but I would kind of like to have at least one of my picks get some screen time.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5049 on: July 09, 2017, 11:10:58 AM

Meh, you win either way.

Obara Sand on screen - > POINTS

Obara Sand not on screen - > Obara Sand not on screen.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5050 on: July 09, 2017, 12:42:38 PM

My big league pairup is Jaime and the Queen of Thorns.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

For the smaller league I got Dany and both Cleganes.  Fuck yeah.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5051 on: July 09, 2017, 02:04:33 PM

Lucked out with Arya on the big league. Small league lineup looks good too!

- Viin
schild
Administrator

Reply #5052 on: July 09, 2017, 02:09:37 PM

Still waiting for Teleku to fire off his league. Jerk.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5053 on: July 09, 2017, 02:39:21 PM

Mine are serious wildcards.  Benjamin Stark and the red priest dude down near Riverland :o.

No middle ground with this pair. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5054 on: July 09, 2017, 03:32:01 PM

Gilly is going to win this thing for me. You just watch.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #5055 on: July 09, 2017, 05:48:20 PM

Gilly is going to win this thing for me. You just watch.
I considered placing her pretty high in my draft ranking actually, but I erred on the side of her continuing to suck.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5056 on: July 09, 2017, 05:51:05 PM

Do not read the episode synopses that were released. They ruin everything.

Also, Cersei was probably the correct first pick.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5057 on: July 09, 2017, 06:38:46 PM

Wife and I are pissed Zombie Cat isn't a draft option.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5058 on: July 09, 2017, 06:43:10 PM

Edit: and Tyrion goes 9th? This must be data based on previous fantasy leagues because I can't remember a scene with Tyrion without food, death, tits, or sick burns.

I'm glad he fell to me at least, especially since not sure how much we really are gonna see Jaqen anymore.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5059 on: July 09, 2017, 06:46:57 PM

Mine are serious wildcards.  Benjamin Stark and the red priest dude down near Riverland :o.

No middle ground with this pair.  

You have Beric. See Beric roar.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5060 on: July 09, 2017, 07:41:03 PM

What a rollcoaster of emotion.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5061 on: July 09, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

that's what you get for not watching a trailer and then watching a trailer
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #5062 on: July 09, 2017, 10:56:48 PM

Well, that's what I get for not coming here on weekends I guess. Sorry if my lack of autodraft held things up. As a result of not setting an order, I got Theon "I'm afraid of my own shadow, hardly speak, and don't have a dick to fuck with anymore" Greyjoy.

Amusingly though, I got Sam with my second pick, who was someone I would have picked well ahead of Theon.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5063 on: July 10, 2017, 04:24:09 AM

What a rollcoaster of emotion.

She is an alcoholic, she fucks anything that moves - but especially family, she just exploded the sept, she hates everyone and murders people for fun. Plus it would make sense for her to die in the last episode of this season. Its only a shame her coronation snuck in at the end of last season. 

But these are good fundamentals to work with.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #5064 on: July 10, 2017, 04:45:27 AM

Still waiting for Teleku to fire off his league. Jerk.
Sorry, was waiting for everybody to confirm they had set their autodraft.  Also been busy trying to figure out how to survive in Laos on a day to day basis.

Since people probably should set their stuff by now, I'll try to launch the auto draft when I get up tomorrow morning.  Should be about 6-7 PM'ish for people in the US.  So yell at me soon, or forever hold your peace.

-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5065 on: July 10, 2017, 06:39:41 AM

I got Grey Worm and Daario.  Grey should work out for me but, damn, I'd have taken Lyanna Mormont over a guy who I don't believe is even in this season.

Zombie Cat isn't coming into the TV show. Beric died so she could be rezzed, and Beric is clearly a figure this season.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5066 on: July 10, 2017, 06:45:04 AM

Zombie Cat isn't coming into the TV show. Beric died so she could be rezzed, and Beric is clearly a figure this season.
Well that would certainly make it the gambler's draft choice then, now wouldn't it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5067 on: July 10, 2017, 07:11:34 AM

Also Berric being active and the viewer being made to give a shit about him is a prerequisite for zombie Cat.

But honestly I'm pretty sceptical about them doing this unless there is a really fucking awesome plot twist it is necessary for. In the books the only apparent reason she exists is to make Brienne break her oath - and although that seems like an important character thing, I'm not sure it warrants the logistics needed to support it. On TV Jamie is back in KL already and I can't imagine a sensible reason for Brienne or Catelyn to end up there, or for Jamie to head North while Dany's army attacks from the south.

Berric is clearly not in a convenient location for Stoneheart. And the  simplest explanation is that he's up north to deliver his sword in place of Brienne/Jamie/Cat/Pod/Whoever.

It is not impossible but they'd have to move a lot of pieces around.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5068 on: July 10, 2017, 07:13:33 AM

They show him surrounded by white walkers wielding lightbringer fighting next to jon snow in trailer 2.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5069 on: July 10, 2017, 09:55:34 AM

You mean Berric right?

If so - yes that's my point.

zCat has to get from the riverlands to the North (while being dead) then get rezzed when berric dies, then she'd have to leave the wall to reunite Brienne and Jamie.

Stoneheart trutherism died when Jamie returned to KL.

If zCat has any really critical plot my guess is either Brienne or Arya could pick it up. Both are aimlessly wandering in Stoneheart country. Brienne has the sense of duty to her oath, Arya has the sense of being a crazy vengeance demon.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5070 on: July 10, 2017, 10:14:25 AM

Unless the Brotherhood packed her body in ice to keep it from decomposing over the last three seasons, I don't think there's enough left of Cat to turn her into Stoneheart at this point.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5071 on: July 10, 2017, 11:04:00 AM

If they wanted to do it they'd surely have to just go 'BAM - zombie cat doing shit - no explanation - deal with it' but that isn't really how GoT (or even aSoIaF) rolls.

Even the Hound got 10  minutes of unnecessary exposition - he didn't even die.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:07:35 AM by eldaec »

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5072 on: July 10, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

They show him surrounded by white walkers wielding lightbringer fighting next to jon snow in trailer 2.

YESSSS THERE IS HOPE FOR MY DRAFT!!!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5073 on: July 10, 2017, 04:17:46 PM

The big thing is you have to figure they're gonna fuck with us all at some point and do something no one expects. So the victory will probably go to whomever has the particular unlikely event in their draft.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #5074 on: July 10, 2017, 04:22:03 PM

Draft started!

-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: