Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Suggested Addons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggested Addons  (Read 57902 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 26, 2008, 08:15:31 AM

I aslo use FuBar its a great one!!

Why have we not banned this trash yet?   Mob
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #71 on: November 26, 2008, 08:37:56 AM

ZygorGuide - It's a leveling guide. It saves time and has a nifty little arrow pointing me where to go and distance. The entire thing is in-game. One thing I do like about it though is that I've leveled characters without it and when I started using it, it led me to areas I never explored without it. It also advances to the next step automatically when you complete the step that you're currently on.

This costs $50. A free addon which does the exact same thing is here: TourGuide.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:05 AM

My guild mentioned a mod called Big Wigs that can play FF fanfares after killing bosses and shit(my char names are FF-themed stuff like Tonberry and Megalixir).  I looked at the feature list though, and that seems like too much shit for me just because I want some incidental musical cues, so has anybody used it and can testify to it not being a UI burden, or maybe point me out an alternative?

Also, Trinket Menu.  I love it.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #73 on: November 26, 2008, 08:44:56 AM

BigWigs is extremely helpful for boss encounters - if you ever hear a raid leader calling out when boss sequences are about to fire, it's because he's running BigWigs and it's tracking timings on his screen. And yes, it does the "dah dah dah duh dah dah" fanfare when you down a boss. But that's not exactly its main purpose.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 26, 2008, 08:48:03 AM

It'll be my main purpose for it, I don't anticipate ever going near Lady Vashj again.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 09:13:11 AM

Neither does anyone who isn't after the achievement.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

There's mods out there for what you want, I just can't recall the name of them.  My wife had one that played the FF7 chocobo track music whenever you mounted.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 26, 2008, 09:20:25 AM

A free addon which does the exact same thing is here: TourGuide.

Might have to look at this. Can you exclude certain types of quests with it? I'm trying to powerlevel some RAF accounts and want to find nice easy quests that don't involve gathering items that have an abysmal drop rate unless it's a precursor to a quest chain that rocks.  (Most of The Barrens hunting quests are like this - Centaur Bracers and Zhevra Hooves are right out!)  Basically, FedEx and kill quests or 100% drop rate gathering quests are what I want.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #77 on: November 26, 2008, 03:30:10 PM

I'm looking for an updated addon for one like Theorycraft, that will put the real damage and healing on the tooptips and ability descriptions. Also will tell me in % how much the stats account for like 40 crit rating (1.2% crit).

I used to love Theorycraft, but it hasnt been updated since 2007.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #78 on: November 26, 2008, 03:48:58 PM

I'm looking for an updated addon for one like Theorycraft, that will put the real damage and healing on the tooptips and ability descriptions. Also will tell me in % how much the stats account for like 40 crit rating (1.2% crit).

DrDamage for updated tooltips (I used this a while back, don't care anymore).  Also, RatingBuster can tell you crit% for individual pieces of gear and other relevant ratings are already broken down in the default UI or maybe it's just because I have RatingBuster installed.  Don't know.

-Rasix
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #79 on: November 26, 2008, 05:29:15 PM

AFAIK DrDamage has not yet been updated for WOTLK. At any rate it doesn't work on my DK!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #80 on: November 26, 2008, 05:58:49 PM

AFAIK DrDamage has not yet been updated for WOTLK. At any rate it doesn't work on my DK!

It has been updating Lum, but I just checked the notes:

Supports all classes, excluding Death Knights

Gorky
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 27, 2008, 12:59:22 AM

DrDamage for updated tooltips (I used this a while back, don't care anymore).  Also, RatingBuster can tell you crit% for individual pieces of gear and other relevant ratings are already broken down in the default UI or maybe it's just because I have RatingBuster installed.  Don't know.

The tooltips showing the various stat conribtutions in % is RatingBuster. It's been updated for WotLK and it even takes into account talent modifiers (for example, on my hunter with the INT to RAP talent, it correctly calculates the amount of RAP I gain from an item with int). I dont know how I managed to gear up without it before. It's especially useful now with the LK gear upgrades you come across.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 27, 2008, 01:38:02 PM

A free addon which does the exact same thing is here: TourGuide.

Might have to look at this. Can you exclude certain types of quests with it? I'm trying to powerlevel some RAF accounts and want to find nice easy quests that don't involve gathering items that have an abysmal drop rate unless it's a precursor to a quest chain that rocks.  (Most of The Barrens hunting quests are like this - Centaur Bracers and Zhevra Hooves are right out!)  Basically, FedEx and kill quests or 100% drop rate gathering quests are what I want.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=14471
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 27, 2008, 01:38:44 PM

Oops.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 03:01:54 PM

I'm very fond of Jame's guide (no link, google it) which with questhelper is very very fast and efficient.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 03:07:59 PM

I aslo use FuBar its a great one!!

Why have we not banned this trash yet?   Mob
What exactly is wrong with fubar?  Its a "Widget Tray" type mod, that lets you chose an assorted selection of custom done plugins to drop on your tray for quick access to LOTS of useful information.

That, and MANY major mods include plugins for Fubar / Titan panel that allow instant access to options menus.

About the only problem i have ever run into with Fubar is the tendancy to overload the bar with WAYY too many plugins, but that can easily be solved by just carefully selecting the best of the bunch, and finding ones that combine the functionality of many individual plugins into one.

I only have about 6 Plugins on my bar, and  probably couldn't live without my durability and SkillsPlus plugins. 

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 03:27:33 PM

I assumed that he wasn't talking about the mod but about the newbie who posted a message that apparently didn't fit his terribly, terribly high standards.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 03:30:59 PM

I assumed that he wasn't talking about the mod but about the newbie who posted a message that apparently didn't fit his terribly, terribly high standards.

Unless I missed the green, I think this was the guy with the RMT link in his sig, was it not?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 03:37:00 PM

Hah, could well be.

Edit: Yup, same guy. Dopey me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:44:24 PM by Reg »
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 28, 2008, 01:16:18 AM

Poor Reg - you must be convinced that we all hate n00bs with a passion.  this guy looks legit

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 28, 2008, 01:17:48 AM

Thanks.  I found this last night after having the brainwave of doing a search on DB for TourGuide figuring someone might have done it.  Now all I need is to find someone who's done a list of all quests that reward Undercity faction too.

ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: December 01, 2008, 12:54:45 PM

BigWigs is extremely helpful for boss encounters - if you ever hear a raid leader calling out when boss sequences are about to fire, it's because he's running BigWigs and it's tracking timings on his screen. And yes, it does the "dah dah dah duh dah dah" fanfare when you down a boss. But that's not exactly its main purpose.
There's also LittleWigs which does the same thing except for 5-man dungeons.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #92 on: December 01, 2008, 02:18:19 PM

Or Deadly Boss Mods which does it for everything, plus battleground timers.  I believe ORA does this as well, plus timers for your whole group's cooldown. (No more, "hey who has a battle rez/ soulstone up?")  The latter would be much better if I were running a 2-screen layout, though.  It sucks up a LOT of realestate for all the bars.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: December 01, 2008, 10:42:36 PM

SellJunk

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 04:42:34 PM

What I use:

Grid + Clique.  Grid's been covered, so I won't go into that.  Clique allows you to set actions to be performed to the target under your mouse.  Invaluable for healing, at least for myself.

Gatherer.  Notes resource nodes on the map gathered by you, your guild, and groups/raids.

Auctioneer.  I could wish there was a better tool for this, but this is what there is.

Recount.  So I know who's doing how much DPS while I heal them.

Omen.  Paladin healer, this isn't all that useful.  If I'm pulling threat, my tank is doing it wrong.

Deadly Boss Mods.  I like this for the warnings given.  Eagle is about to cast Storm!  Whee.

I added Classtimers last night, not sure if that one is going to survive.  It throws up bars that display time remaining on various things.  I'll probably mainly use it to let me know that Bacon of Light is about to give out on the tank.    awesome, for real
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: December 03, 2008, 05:19:48 AM

I broke down and tried out Quest Helper and Tomtom tonight.  Leveling character number two, to 80.  It feels like cheating.  They are that good.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 03, 2008, 10:26:59 AM

I've enjoyed WoW way more since adding Quest Helper.  No more getting lost or looking for that foozle you need for that quest for 15 minutes.  It also stops me from having to go across a zone 100 times because I didn't know the 5th quest I took is 5 miles behind me...

Yeah it takes some mystique out of the game, but that is a very fair trade IMO.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #97 on: December 03, 2008, 10:35:34 AM

For hunters and that tracking talent: http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=6617

TrackThat!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: December 03, 2008, 10:46:45 AM

Add me as one who thought they'd never use a quest mod, but I'm using Carbonite. Muay impressed.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #99 on: December 03, 2008, 11:04:06 AM

Carbonite still have it's goofy ass map?

I'm thinking of breaking my "no quest addon until 80" rule.  I spent a lot of time wandering around like an idiot last night. Some quest directions are really terrible.

-Rasix
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:42 AM

Yeah, but I like it for the Indiana Jones feel when I'm on a gryphon  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 11:35:51 AM

I'm thinking of breaking my "no quest addon until 80" rule.  I spent a lot of time wandering around like an idiot last night. Some quest directions are really terrible.

Goofy? How else would you do it and make it easy to glance at to tell which quest has shit to do where? 500 shades of gray?

You can default it to not shade the map to tell you where you'll find the objective of the quest you're on, but if you do that then what's the fucking point?

The point of carbonite is giving you a BAD GUY list that automatically populates when bad guys come near, so you can click there, send your pet at them, and gank them before they gank you. That is of course unless they're running carbonite and found you that way.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #102 on: December 04, 2008, 04:06:08 AM

Worse than Terrible, some of them are completely wrong.   The Alliance quest that tells you where to find the Wrathgate says to go to the north east part of the zone. One of my guildies spent an hour wandering around trying to figure out what the hell he was doing wrong.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: December 04, 2008, 05:21:26 AM

Worse than Terrible, some of them are completely wrong.   The Alliance quest that tells you where to find the Wrathgate says to go to the north east part of the zone. One of my guildies spent an hour wandering around trying to figure out what the hell he was doing wrong.

It probably started when he rolled Alliance

Seriously - that's not a mistake. It's just cunning misdirection by the Horde.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #104 on: December 04, 2008, 05:44:33 AM

Wow, whoever posted Quest Helper is my new hero. Blows lightheaded out of the water.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Suggested Addons  
Jump to: