Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Konami - DS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Konami - DS  (Read 2648 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

on: November 08, 2008, 04:02:29 PM

I have not played any of the other DS CV's but I have played the GBA ones and this is a significant step up. Rather than using the one giant castle design yet again this game provides distinct levels, allowing for a lot of variety and outdoor areas. It still maintains some feel of exploration but in bite-sized chunks. More action and less backtracking.

I really enjoy the different weapons in this game and the way that you obtain new weapons by absorbing glyphs. Different enemies require different weapons but because you can rotate between three active sets there isn't a lot of futzing around in menus. For the most part the proper set of 3 weapons is more than enough for a given level.

If you like 2D action/adventure games this is an absolute no brainer. One of the most fun games I've played this year.

Verdict: Buy it.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 10:59:10 AM

I have just gotten started with this game and so far it is at least on par with Portrait of Ruin.  Not having to bother with two characters simplifies things a bit, and the puzzles involving using your partner seem to have been replaced with others of the usual sort.  The first boss kicked my ass, but I think I have a plan now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Konami - DS  
Jump to: