Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:12:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: High Level Armor Sets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Level Armor Sets  (Read 144501 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 11:06:02 AM

My contempt of this game has been vindicated.  Excuse me whilst I go fan myself with the wad of cash I saved by not purchasing this piece of crap.

Over and out.
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 11:06:27 AM

Gaute didn't know how to design a game. That's clueless.

Mark knows how to design a game, he's obviously just got a serious case of the pre-Wrath super-retardation pox.
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 11:07:43 AM

Well, the good news is that there's another piece of evidence that anyone trying to compete with WoW by creating a simulacrum of its gameplay and taping some tassels onto it is going to eat shit.

Please, dear god, start making a bunch of relatively inexpensive niche titles that don't play like WoW.  INNOVATE, MOTHERFUCKERS.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 11:10:38 AM

Well, the good news is that there's another piece of evidence that anyone trying to compete with WoW by creating a simulacrum of its gameplay and taping some tassels onto it is going to eat shit.

Please, dear god, start making a bunch of relatively inexpensive niche titles that don't play like WoW.  INNOVATE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

"GOD ILLIDAN IS SUCH SHIT THIS LAG IS AWFUL WHY DOES ANYONE PLAY THIS GAME FUCK YOU BLI$$ARD"

Sorry, couldn't resist myself.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 11:11:41 AM

Commencing ToA v2.0 in 10... 9... 8...

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 11:14:21 AM

Chosen LFG altdorf raid 3/8 annhilator set

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 11:14:51 AM

Looks like I chose the wrong game to play while drinking, in my stupor I signed up for a six month sub which it looks like I'll never use...
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 11:15:38 AM

"GOD ILLIDAN IS SUCH SHIT THIS LAG IS AWFUL WHY DOES ANYONE PLAY THIS GAME FUCK YOU BLI$$ARD"

Sorry, couldn't resist myself.

Hey, I'm not playing WoW much right now, either :D  Queueing for 30 2s arena matches, automagically losing 26 of them due to 'instance not found', getting into only one with my partner only to find that we had no opponents, and winning only one as a 1v1, the results of which were a -18 for my opponent and a -14 for me... that did the trick.

But, at least WoW will be fun enough to play once the lag clears.  Can't say the same for WAR : (
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 11:17:01 AM

I quit WoW when BGs came out and I won't be going back. I saw those fucking "dailies" things they came up with since I quit and it made up my mind that that was one game I would not return to.

Guess it's back to single player RPGs after my month of WAR. We'll see, though. I'm still having some fun, so who knows.

But really... required armor sets in a PvP game? wtf... /sigh
Ehle
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 11:21:44 AM

I'm done with WAR over this.  I can only take so much stupid.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:55:33 AM by Ehle »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 24, 2008, 11:22:32 AM

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:28:44 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 24, 2008, 11:26:29 AM

Looks like they just integrated the ToA into release this time.  I can hear the meetings they had now...

"If I we put it in the game from the beginning, they won't complain about the PvE grind being necessary for the PvP endgame!"

Perhaps we're over-reacting, but it certainly doesn't sound good.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #47 on: October 24, 2008, 11:27:02 AM

Guys!  Guys!  We're recruiting in EvE!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Edit: How shameless of me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:28:50 AM by Phildo »
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 11:27:37 AM

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 11:29:06 AM

Go die.  I love numbers, I love space, I love economics, I love 'worldy' games, I love PvP and competition in almost any form, and that game fucking sucks. 
It was really good at tricking me into thinking it was fun, though, I'll give it that.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 11:29:14 AM

There's an expansion coming out for LOTRO soon, think I'm going to check that out.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 11:31:11 AM

Apparently, people are saying that all of the above, can also be gained from RvR things. I have no idea of this is true, and the grab bag dosn't mention it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 11:32:36 AM

hahahahahah

i guess that's that

I personally invite whoever thought this was a good idea to eat a dick.

Yes. FUCKITY FUCK SHIT FUCK.

PVP != PVE

Not only should success in one NOT rely on doing the other, but in a supposedly PVP-focused game, requiring PVE gear to do all the content is beyond fucking retarded.

EDIT: To add a not where it really should have been.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:40:15 AM by HaemishM »

tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 11:33:25 AM

Apparently, people are saying that all of the above, can also be gained from RvR things. I have no idea of this is true, and the grab bag dosn't mention it.

Apparently all but the last set, the set required for the King thingamabob.  To get the best RvR gear in the game you have to take down king with ward thingy aror that can only be gained from fighting computer bosses.   At least that's the best I can take away from it.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 11:33:32 AM

Doesn't matter where it's gained.  If it's still gained from random gold bag drops that only 1-2 people out of 20+ get, that makes for a LOT of farming.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 11:34:34 AM

Just what do they mean by required? They start off by saying that it lowers damage taken in dungeons/encounters. Ok, PVE resilience. I get that.

They then go on to say that it is required to do encounter XYZ. Will I not be allowed in without it? Will I be taking so much damage, I'll be useless without it?

How much of it do I need? Will I have to continually do my PQs and garbage dungeons for the full set before I can continue?

And if I physically cannot enter the next tier without the gear:
Why would they not do it by renown rank?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 24, 2008, 11:34:46 AM

Heh, even if it wasn't true before I bet it will be soon.  Mythic will be scrambling in damage control mode and will probably do just that to try to placate the masses.

Over and out.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 24, 2008, 11:36:41 AM

If you happen to get the gold loot bag in the PQ roll when you take a keep. Now think about how often that actually happens.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #58 on: October 24, 2008, 11:36:56 AM

Go die.  I love numbers, I love space, I love economics, I love 'worldy' games, I love PvP and competition in almost any form, and that game fucking sucks. 
It was really good at tricking me into thinking it was fun, though, I'll give it that.

Alrighty then. Eve really pissed in your wheaties huh?

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled WAR madness!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: October 24, 2008, 11:37:04 AM

Damage control doesn't matter anymore. They can't do enough in a short enough time to warrant a second chance. OH WELL.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 24, 2008, 11:37:46 AM

Just what do they mean by required?

From my reading, its not required, its just almost necessary or your in for some tough fights, because you don't have the -50% to what-ever-the-fuck-resilience-like-damage they toss out.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 24, 2008, 11:37:59 AM

From Mark's blog:

Seb says “Please never do a ToA like expansion in WAR ! ”
I think I’d rather shoot myself in the head than do another ToA.

So... uh... I'll be watching the news.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 24, 2008, 11:38:38 AM

I'm more likely to fuck a supermodel than win a gold bag from a keep lord.

What a disaster.
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: October 24, 2008, 11:39:17 AM

From my reading, its not required, its just almost necessary or your in for some tough fights, because you don't have the -50% to what-ever-the-fuck-resilience-like-damage they toss out.

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Greater Ward, which is required for both the Lost Vale and the City Invasion PQs.

Ain't no way to spin this.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #64 on: October 24, 2008, 11:39:23 AM

Just what do they mean by required? They start off by saying that it lowers damage taken in dungeons/encounters. Ok, PVE resilience. I get that.

They then go on to say that it is required to do encounter XYZ. Will I not be allowed in without it? Will I be taking so much damage, I'll be useless without it?

How much of it do I need? Will I have to continually do my PQs and garbage dungeons for the full set before I can continue?

It said the sets offer a specific damage reduction for specific boss fights. Like each piece of the Execlisor gear offers 10% damage reduction when fighting the city ruler.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 24, 2008, 11:40:17 AM

On a side note, lol at all The Usual Suspects looking awesome in their tier gear and Order looking like a bumbitch.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 24, 2008, 11:40:32 AM

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Greater Ward, which is required for both the Lost Vale and the City Invasion PQs.

Ain't no way to spin this.

Oh...

BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 24, 2008, 11:44:31 AM

FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Making PvP success about gear quality is the most stupid fucking idea ever!  Damnit, I hate WoW for some of the shit they introduced.

Gear should be easily accessed and should have little (less than 10%) influence on pvp outcomes.  Damnit, the hardcore keep ruining these games (and their development) for the 90% of us that like to come home from work and have a distraction. 

Sounds like Guild Wars is right for you

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 24, 2008, 11:44:48 AM

Required for...City Invasion PQs.

God that is such epic fail.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #69 on: October 24, 2008, 11:44:56 AM

Specific resist damage against specific types of encounters - I can only assume that resistance isn't really used in any other encounter? Does that mean I'd be trying to farm ONE SPECIFIC SET only for ONE SPECIFIC FIGHT after which the armor will be retired for the next set?

Goddamnit, that is super-duper, drooling mongoloid, asshat-wearing, fuck your sister, inbred, cross-eyed, shitstained, locked in the closet as a child retarded.

Mark... Paul... all you fuckers at Mythic. You're already killing my desire to play with the shittastic design of Talabecland and the t3 grind. Do you really really want to keep pushing my resolve with this? It's like you want me to quit. Me personally, just me. You all hate me don't you?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: High Level Armor Sets  
Jump to: