Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Futurama 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 21796 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 04:11:58 PM

Zoidberg: Hmm, this "love" intrigues me; teach me to fake it
Fry: Ok, you're on a date. What's the first thing you do?
Zoidberg: Ask her to mate with me.
Fry: No; tell her she's special
Zoidberg: But she's not, she's merely the female with the largest clutch of eggs.
Fry: Well.. tell her that. And then?
Zoidberg: Then mating!
Fry: No; make up some feelings and tell her you have them.
Zoidberg: Question.
Fry: Yes?
Zoidberg: Is desire to mate a feeling?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 11:43:52 PM

Leela: You're Fry's relative. Do you have any idea how he got so crazy?
Professor: Uh, what? Oh, yeah, they say madness runs in our family. Some even call me mad. And why? Because I dared to dream of my own race of atomic monsters, atomic supermen with octagonal shaped bodies that suck blood...

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 07:59:24 PM

I like the opening music, it's happy.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 05:39:15 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 09:10:45 PM

Good news everyone!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:47 PM

Hypno-toad is pleased!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 10:13:58 PM

This news pleases me.   awesome, for real
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 09:35:53 AM

Sweet three-toed sloth of Ice Planet Hoth!

"Me am play gods"
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 07:06:21 AM

Fry: But won't that change history?
Farnsworth: Ohh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. "I'm My Own Grandfather"!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 12:28:39 PM

Professor Farnsworth: Time travel is impossible!
    Fry: But Professor, you time traveled yourself remember? When we went back to Roswell?
    Professor Farnsworth: That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that; plus, who are you anyway?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 04:02:16 PM

'Futurama' getting new voices for Fry, Leela, Bender, and others

Jul 17, 2009, 03:17 PM | by Margaret Lyons

Categories: Animation, Hell to the no!, News, Television, Things that are sad

Futurama_l Just when I was getting really excited for the revived Futurama, total bummer news emerges: The voice actors are going to be different. Who's going to Zoid my Zoidberg?

Twentieth Century Fox, which is still producing the series even though new episodes will air on Comedy Central, is recasting the major voice roles for the show. That means no more Billy West (Fry, Professor, and Ziodberg), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender), Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker, among others), or Tress MacNeil (Mom, and several others). Worst!

Fox released a statement saying "We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Is it still Futurama with totally different voices, PopWatchers, or can this news bite your shiny metal -- well, you know.

Fox is a bag of dicks.   Mob Mob Mob Mob Mob
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 04:04:37 PM

shocked

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 04:09:18 PM

Yeah, I was coming here to post this travesty myself. Horrible.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 05:36:25 PM

Negotiating technique. Doubt it will ever actually happen.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 05:43:26 PM

It's Fox.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:26 PM

What's the fucking point?

Might as well call it something else entirely then.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 09:49:26 PM

Get the fuck out.

There's no show without the original voice actors. Everyone involved knows that. I'm sure the actors had pretty ridiculous demands, and as was stated, this is just sabre rattling.

But if it's not, well. I don't know. I certainly wouldn't even think about watching.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 09:55:02 PM

Just remember that Fox hates each and every non-reality show they've ever given life to, and want to see them fail spectacularly, without letting on to their shareholders that that's what they're doing.  All of their decisions make perfect sense once you understand this.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #53 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:43 PM

We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands.

Translation: We tried to break their balls and offer them Home Depot parking lot money, but they actually asked for union wages.  Rupert would have to sell one of his yachts!

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 12:25:35 AM

Bender : Game's over, losers! I have all the money. Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

lol, intense quotage.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 01:27:26 AM

Just remember that Fox hates each and every non-reality show they've ever given life to, and want to see them fail spectacularly, without letting on to their shareholders that that's what they're doing.  All of their decisions make perfect sense once you understand this.
That's not true. FOX has a had some long running non-reality shows in its relatively brief existence (e.g. The Simpsons and Married...with Children). There are some shows that they decided before they were broadcast that they didn't like and only showed (some of) the episodes cause they already paid those production costs. Those are the shows that typically end up in their Friday night "death slot" but even there you have exceptions like The X-Files. and bizarrely enough Dollhouse.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 01:48:53 PM

Keeping Dollhouse alive makes sense if you believe they want to tie-up Wheadon's time instead of releasing him to some other production company and let him drive himself into the ground.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 18, 2009, 05:33:09 PM

This is bad news.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 31, 2009, 04:48:43 PM

LOS ANGELES–The Star has learned exclusively that the voice cast of Futurama has just signed a new contract with Fox after weeks of intense salary negotiations.

As late as last week, the network was threatening to replace the original voices of Matt Groening's cult-hit cartoon, to the point of actually announcing a casting call for voice actors to replace them.

The compromise agreement, with the studio paying more and the actors accepting less, comes after the announcement of a 26-episode pick-up here by Comedy Central. Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes) and an upcoming feature film.

A Fox spokesman, reacting to this story, insisted that only three of the cast have so far signed the deal, but later added that they expect to have the matter resolved by the end of the day.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #59 on: July 31, 2009, 05:02:44 PM

WHOO! DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 11:50:37 PM

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 11:58:45 PM

FOX is so full of shit it's unreal. I have to believe there is a massive disconnect in the chain of command over there. This would otherwise be a no-brainer as a cash cow.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #62 on: August 02, 2009, 10:19:28 AM

I think Fox is almost proud of the critically acclaimed shows it cancels.  From VR5 to Arrested Development to Firefly.  Shows which demonstrate they have a core (read: fanboya) audience that will watch, buy and evangelize anything that happens on the show.  I honestly believe Fox TV is a few personalities that run the place, and if you fall foul of them -- as show producer/creator whatever -- then you will lose.  Doesn't matter if you make something that earn $ forever in one or an other.   

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #63 on: August 02, 2009, 11:13:29 AM

That may be true if you believe that the FOX executives are sustained by anguish. However, I just believe that they are hopelessly out of touch with a major section of their audience that holds a large amount of disposable cash. Also, I think advertisers are deathly afraid of anything that's not totally mainstream so they can shove their shit out the door.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #64 on: August 02, 2009, 11:15:57 AM

That may be true if you believe that the FOX executives are sustained by anguish.

I know I've never seen one eat anything that wasn't human suffering.  That's good enough for me.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 10:02:55 PM

Good news everyone!

New Futurama eps start back on Comedy Central in June!
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 11:16:12 PM

Nice.

AKA Gyoza
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #67 on: March 09, 2010, 09:01:16 PM

Excellent.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 09, 2010, 10:00:58 PM

If you need me, I'll be in the gleeful anticipation dome.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: June 20, 2010, 03:15:20 PM

Thursday, 10pm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Futurama  
Jump to: