Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102216 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9310 on: August 18, 2011, 07:28:39 PM

I thought the footage was ok, myself. In fact my principle thought was 'oh wow, an MMO that lets you feel heroic and take on more than one mob at a time without a total pummeling? Yes please!'
Haven't seen that since City of Heroes.

Nobody made you play a shadow priest.  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9311 on: August 18, 2011, 09:03:04 PM

I also wouldn't get to excited about multiple enemies quite yet. I can take on a bunch of mobs at once at level 1 and 2 in WoW too. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9312 on: August 18, 2011, 09:16:22 PM

My dog priest had issues.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9313 on: August 18, 2011, 09:49:18 PM

Graphics looked like shit to me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9314 on: August 18, 2011, 09:56:31 PM

My dog priest had issues.

Your dog priest isn't a melee fighter like the dude in SWTOR was, though!

The only thing graphically that made me a little undecided was during the talky bits. It's not animated as well as I would like.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9315 on: August 18, 2011, 11:00:51 PM

I liked the transitions into instanced areas. A lot more than I should have.

Game seems okay, still a bit more giddy about GW2, but this looks fun for a while. The character's model though.. dear god why is he set to freakishly large. And why does he talk with his hands.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9316 on: August 19, 2011, 02:24:37 AM

Most Bioware characters talk with their hands!

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #9317 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:26 AM

Nobody made you play a shadow priest.  why so serious?

*throws things*

I also wouldn't get to excited about multiple enemies quite yet. I can take on a bunch of mobs at once at level 1 and 2 in WoW too. :P

I dunno, it felt more like a multi-target CoX fight than a lowbie WoW fight to me. Also you have clearly forgotten what life was like playing a L1 Rogue  Ohhhhh, I see.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9318 on: August 19, 2011, 03:22:54 AM

Most Bioware characters talk with their hands!

It's to distract from their bad lip syncing!
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9319 on: August 19, 2011, 03:56:51 AM

I'm going with "its a low texture beta build".
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9320 on: August 19, 2011, 04:05:59 AM

I dunno, it felt more like a multi-target CoX fight than a lowbie WoW fight to me. Also you have clearly forgotten what life was like playing a L1 Rogue  Ohhhhh, I see.

Being able to three shot every mob you see?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #9321 on: August 19, 2011, 05:40:24 AM

Don't know what kind of super-rogue you've played lately, but the one I just rolled was on a life-or-death fight with every mob in Tirisfal till L5 or so.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #9322 on: August 19, 2011, 05:47:41 AM

Don't know what kind of super-rogue you've played lately, but the one I just rolled was on a life-or-death fight with every mob in Tirisfal till L5 or so.

If you are dying(or almost dying) in WoW before level 10 or so, I don't know what to tell you.  Every class kills things fast at low level, and has absurd regen so out of combat you get up to full health and mana pretty darn fast.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #9323 on: August 19, 2011, 07:41:14 AM

If you are dying(or almost dying) in WoW before level 10 or so, I don't know what to tell you.  Every class kills things fast at low level, and has absurd regen so out of combat you get up to full health and mana pretty darn fast.

Unarmed melee mage ftw!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9324 on: August 19, 2011, 08:46:42 AM

keep telling yourself that,  honestly the characters themselves just look off. If they are going for realism just look to mass effect 3 and how much better that game looks(yes its single player but that's hardly an excuse) and if they wanted something more cartoony, than a clone wars style would work too. As it is, the graphics seem somewhere between the two and don't quite work for me.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9325 on: August 19, 2011, 09:16:37 AM

It didn't really help that the guy who made the character seemed more inspired by Mr. Incredible than say Darth Maul.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9326 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:48 AM

I like that this thread keeps reminding me I need to post in more threads about games I don't like.

That DOTA2, it looks like a fucking RTS, ffs! The graphics are too cartoony and the gameplay is the same old RTS crap, they need to make something innovative!

Am I doing it right?
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9327 on: August 19, 2011, 09:54:17 AM

keep telling yourself that,  honestly the characters themselves just look off. If they are going for realism just look to mass effect 3 and how much better that game looks(yes its single player but that's hardly an excuse) and if they wanted something more cartoony, than a clone wars style would work too. As it is, the graphics seem somewhere between the two and don't quite work for me.

People have been bitching about the graphics, the character models in particular, for awhile now.  If you're expecting CoD type graphics then you'll be disappointed.  The best way to describe it is its more like an extreme graphical update to WoW, minus the fantasy type buildings and settings and adding in sci fi elements instead.  If thats not what you were hoping for, well, sorry.  The graphics are fine, nothing spectacular, but they are far from "looking like shit".  That was my view after watching numerous videos even before playing the game myself, so I'm not breaking any NDAs by saying it now, and nothing has happened since to change my opinion.
Rasix

Reply #9328 on: August 19, 2011, 09:56:14 AM

They're stylized and won't be to everyone's tastes. 

-Rasix
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9329 on: August 19, 2011, 09:58:41 AM

You mean keep telling my self that recorded footage from recent shows/cons may not be a totally optimized client with high res textures, ok np. I'll reserve judgement until I'm actually able to sit in front of this game and see it for myself. Though I do agree some of the character models are odd.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9330 on: August 19, 2011, 09:59:48 AM

That DOTA2, it looks like a fucking RTS, ffs! The graphics are too cartoony and the gameplay is the same old RTS crap, they need to make something innovative!

they should remake LoL but done right.  why so serious?
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #9331 on: August 19, 2011, 10:00:57 AM

I really would like to see a side-by-side comparison of all the Races, male and female. I'm going to assume there's no height or mass sliders (since hardly any devs think it's important anymore *boggle*), just a set body type and facial features/skin tone choices. Hopefully better than WoW but I won't hold me breath. But yeah, side-by-side. Because honestly, at the moment, with the exception of Twi'leks and at a push, Zabraks, I can't actually differentiate between any of the other races. They're all just anime-shades humans to me. I'm hoping there are some distinctive height differences or sillhouettes.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9332 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:21 AM

So, because this is a big showing to the public they want to intentionally 'lower' the graphics? Also I get that it's stylized but what I'm saying it's not quite stylized enough, such that you get a goofy unrealistically big mister incredible fighting monsters and hanging around other humans that look quite normal.

You know, just because I'm not off making my own pre-game guild doesn't mean I'm not gonna like this game or refuse to buy it but come on, shouldn't we be expecting something more than a re-skinned wow with voice acting? It looks fun but nothing so far has been impressive and I don't think it's too much to ask, to have a game be impressive and have some sort of(pardon the pun) wow factor.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #9333 on: August 19, 2011, 10:12:23 AM

Expectations are purely your own, but having ones above base level, especially for an MMO (or any big budget title vis-a-vis "innovation"), is crazytown.

You post here.  You should know better.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rasix

Reply #9334 on: August 19, 2011, 10:14:05 AM

So, because this is a big showing to the public they want to intentionally 'lower' the graphics? Also I get that it's stylized but what I'm saying it's not quite stylized enough, such that you get a goofy unrealistically big mister incredible fighting monsters and hanging around other humans that look quite normal.

You know, just because I'm not off making my own pre-game guild doesn't mean I'm not gonna like this game or refuse to buy it but come on, shouldn't we be expecting something more than a re-skinned wow with voice acting? It looks fun but nothing so far has been impressive and I don't think it's too much to ask, to have a game be impressive and have some sort of(pardon the pun) wow factor.

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9335 on: August 19, 2011, 10:21:41 AM

Hutball ! (official forums have been going on full lore rage mode over this in the last couple days :P):

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/huttball

notice that the Consular throw..."something else" beside the usual furniture :D

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9336 on: August 19, 2011, 11:22:21 AM

Demo machines are never top of the line (you'd be nuts to buy expensive machines considering the beating they take), and they will want to optimize performance over graphics for a demo usually. The word of mouth for 'graphics weren't turned up to high' is not going to be nearly as bad as 'game was horribly laggy'.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9337 on: August 19, 2011, 12:02:07 PM

I like that this thread keeps reminding me I need to post in more threads about games I don't like.

Am I doing it right?

Hey you're right! It's been months since I've shitted up one of the LOTRO threads!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9338 on: August 19, 2011, 12:29:53 PM

Because honestly, at the moment, with the exception of Twi'leks and at a push, Zabraks, I can't actually differentiate between any of the other races. They're all just anime-shades humans to me.
Definitely a let-down for me, too. While I found the inclusion of the fish guy and Lando's co-pilot other fish guy in SWG a bit odd, having twileks (humans with lekku) and everyone else be just a shaded human to be very disappointing. We'll see what the cyborg turn out to be, I haven't even seen one in a leak, so I'm skeptical. But as someone wanting to play a BH, it would've been cool to play an IG88 (or HK47 for the kids) or my Trandoshan from SWG. Hell, the Imperials shouldn't really even have aliens, so the whole thing is screwy...and I hope Erikson wins out to not have Sith pureblood Inqs, because it makes no sense at all.

As far the graphics go, I like them. Are you basing this on the WTF video or on an HD download? The WTF was filmed with a camera. If it's just the style, I think it's great, so to each their own, eh? Not sure how you could change them and make them better, not too cartoony and not too faux realistic.

Huttball could be interesting if they spend enough time to make it decent. Someone send them a copy of Blood Bowl, stat. Because Blodge the Bounty Hunter would be awesome!
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #9339 on: August 19, 2011, 01:27:17 PM

EA / BioWare to limit number of launch copies of SWTOR

They want to make sure they don't make any bad impressions by having their logon/registration servers get overloaded.

Hey EA, this is a dumb idea. Who convinced you this was a good idea?

Too many customers logging into your game: a good problem to have.

Customers who get mad at you because they can't buy your game: bad problem to have.

Of course, if the sales cap is some ridiculous pie-in-the-sky number (the article mentions 3 million) then they might not have to worry either way.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Terracotta Army

Reply #9340 on: August 19, 2011, 01:32:56 PM

swamp poop

Someone is in need of a slap.

..and what the hell is this cyborg business? Hope renewed!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9341 on: August 19, 2011, 02:06:44 PM

swamp poop

Someone is in need of a slap.

This has been known since the pre-orders started.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9342 on: August 19, 2011, 02:08:09 PM

I don't get why this is such a terrible thing. Doesn't anyone remember how annoying WoW was in its early days with all of the server queues and lag?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9343 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:38 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they're going to be rad...
Terracotta Army

Reply #9344 on: August 19, 2011, 02:33:44 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they're going to be rad...

Close enough to a droid... as long as my dream of having a junkie droid is not completely dashed.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: