Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:42:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102069 times)
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #13020 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:19 AM

Endgame content doesn't seem to be a problem. Two raids (Karagga' Palace, which I don't think has been announced yet, and Eternity Vault), which have three difficulty levels - normal, hard, and nightmare. Plus all the flashpoints have level 50 hard modes.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13021 on: November 18, 2011, 11:35:52 AM

Isn't that going to be kind of weird if your various characters are different races?

Just a tad.

Also, every build and patch that goes by without addressing the Jedi Guardian's utter inability to actually tank multiple mobs without some incredible keyboard gymnastics before level 32 makes me that much more worried for launch.

The fact that they still haven't gotten Force Pull (essentially a Death Grip, taunt and all) back after having it removed is also troublesome; the Vanguard version of it is super useful, and it's still puzzling why neither Jedi tank has it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:39:07 AM by koro »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #13022 on: November 18, 2011, 11:36:35 AM

So, universal character ID? Can you opt out of the legacy system or is every character on every server I ever make stuck with the same last name?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13023 on: November 18, 2011, 11:38:05 AM

So, universal character ID? Can you opt out of the legacy system or is every character on every server I ever make stuck with the same last name?

Stuck with the last name, but you can choose to show or not show it in the options.

I'm fine with that implementation, it's better than no last names at all for the people that really care about it.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13024 on: November 18, 2011, 11:41:37 AM

Our friend who wants to name his smuggler Dubstep Laserstrider will be happy.

The same last name across all characters is odd. I guess my fat twi'lek will have been adopted.

EDIT: I think I might be more bothered by the fact that last names have to be completely unique per account actually. Expect MAJOR RPer clamor over that one.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13025 on: November 18, 2011, 11:43:50 AM

NDA officially lifted.

We failed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=630104

P.S. Spill the beans you bloody bastards  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

So I pretty much have to avoid the TOR forums now, people are putting up story spoilers already.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #13026 on: November 18, 2011, 11:53:53 AM

How much of a train-wreck do people think the launch is going to be?

I actually think this will go down as one of the smoothest launches ever for an MMO.  They have done or are doing pretty much everything you could expect to make that happen.  Will there be queues?  Absolutely.  Will there be overcrowding in the newbie zones.  You bet.  Will something unexpected happen, probably.  Will anyone remember those things in 3 months?  Nope.

That said, I don't like a 1 per account family name.  I'd like all my characters to be able to share in the legacy point reward system, what ever that is (Oh, Skinner Box you ARE such a kidder, don't never change.) but I don't know that I want them all to have the same surname so I probably won't display it on most of my characters.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #13027 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:29 PM

I think the launch will be ok to the point I booked off Dec 15 and 16.  Since they are staggering the pre-order head start dates, some people get to play Dec 15, some more start on Dec 16, etc etc that should help avoid flooding of the system.  Combine that with the guild system being in place and stress testing I think the launch will be fairly smooth.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #13028 on: November 18, 2011, 12:04:52 PM

That said, I don't like a 1 per account family name.  I'd like all my characters to be able to share in the legacy point reward system, what ever that is (Oh, Skinner Box you ARE such a kidder, don't never change.) but I don't know that I want them all to have the same surname so I probably won't display it on most of my characters.

Yeah, this goes back to the debate in the other thread. More choice is a good thing. I don't understand why they are locking people in to the same last name for every character. RPers are going to have a fit.

I dont like it very much ether. They should just let you pick a last name, and have them not be unique. So if I want all my characters to have the same last name they can.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13029 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:05 PM

I was in all the beta weekends and the server side problems, from previous builds, were fixed before the next weekend.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13030 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:41 PM

Yeah, this goes back to the debate in the other thread. More choice is a good thing. I don't understand why they are locking people in to the same last name for every character. RPers are going to have a fit.

I dont like it very much ether. They should just let you pick a last name, and have them not be unique. So if I want all my characters to have the same last name they can.

Or they could have gone the route of just no last names.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13031 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:22 PM

Isn't that going to be kind of weird if your various characters are different races?

Seems very strange. Also, are they really saying that all my Sith and Republic characters will share the same surname? That could get rather awkward around the holiday season.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13032 on: November 18, 2011, 12:10:19 PM

Seems very strange. Also, are they really saying that all my Sith and Republic characters will share the same surname? That could get rather awkward around the holiday season.

Because Luke and Vader weren't on opposite sides?  why so serious?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13033 on: November 18, 2011, 12:12:15 PM

The real reason they want the surnames the way they have them is global chat. Presumably.

No other reason makes any goddamn sense.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13034 on: November 18, 2011, 12:12:59 PM

Or they could have gone the route of just no last names.

Last names are all but required in a Star Wars universe.  Otherwise, it's just Han and Luke.  BORING!

There's really little reason to force all characters to have the same last name, though.  The negatives far outweigh the one positive I can think of.

Over and out.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13035 on: November 18, 2011, 12:13:18 PM

They didn't have the same surname though.

Nor did Luke and Leia.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13036 on: November 18, 2011, 12:13:32 PM

Yeah but Vader didn't go round calling himself Darth Vader-Skywalker  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13037 on: November 18, 2011, 12:13:52 PM

They need to unfuck the mob difficulty or people are going to be in for a rude awakening once they hit 30+. There's a bunch of retards that keep clamoring for a HARD HARD game on the forums and most of them haven't leveled past 12. "Make it HARD and TEDIOUS I need to tell the world how AWESOME I AM for beating it!!"

I have little doubt that Bioware is going to unfuck the difficulty, they have the metrics and heat maps to see how their entire playerbase suddenly hits a fucking wall. They had it right a pair of builds ago, but I think developer ego got hurt or something with all the tard buckets bitching about it being TOO EASY.

The game is still giving certain setups a lot of hiccups as well, it's not optimized very well yet. I can't turn on shadows without putting my frame rate into the toilet this build for example. This is stuff they should be able to fix as well. In Theory.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13038 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:16 PM

Padamame and Anakin. Also different surnames.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #13039 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:50 PM

Update on the Legacy System by Damion Schubert:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10942541#edit10942541

You can choose to do one of the following:
- Display your legacy name as your last name ("Raiel Firewalker")
- Display your legacy name below your name

Raiel
The Firewalker Legacy

- or choose to hide it altogether. This choice can differ per character.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13040 on: November 18, 2011, 12:16:15 PM

It's more of a bloodline or a noble house then a last name.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13041 on: November 18, 2011, 12:16:46 PM

Interesting... So basically they are adding another leveling tier, the ALT tier. Wonder if it comes with another xp bar.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13042 on: November 18, 2011, 12:17:15 PM

Update on the Legacy System by Damion Schubert:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10942541#edit10942541

You can choose to do one of the following:
- Display your legacy name as your last name ("Raiel Firewalker")
- Display your legacy name below your name

Raiel
The Firewalker Legacy

- or choose to hide it altogether. This choice can differ per character.

I'd still rather have unique surnames for each of my characters that makes sense given their race and class.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13043 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:14 PM

The real reason they want the surnames the way they have them is global chat. Presumably.

No other reason makes any goddamn sense.

You can easily have global names without forced same last names.  See: CoX

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13044 on: November 18, 2011, 12:19:18 PM

Now I really really really want them to put in a droid race. I can think of so many names for them...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13045 on: November 18, 2011, 12:23:16 PM

They need to unfuck the mob difficulty or people are going to be in for a rude awakening once they hit 30+. There's a bunch of retards that keep clamoring for a HARD HARD game on the forums and most of them haven't leveled past 12.

Or they're one of the four hundred billion Sith Sorcerers.

It like arguing for making Final Fantasy Tactics so hard that only Orlandu can survive.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13046 on: November 18, 2011, 12:24:20 PM

Yeah but Vader didn't go round calling himself Darth Vader-Skywalker  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yeah he had no last name.  Neither did Darth Maul, Darth Cadeus, Darth Bane, etc.   awesome, for real
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #13047 on: November 18, 2011, 12:24:25 PM

"The Vibroblade Legacy"

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13048 on: November 18, 2011, 12:24:56 PM

Their CC got nerfed, they are all crying again it's fine.

"What you mean I'm not supposed to be able to take a coffee break halfway through combat and regen all my health and energy?"

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #13049 on: November 18, 2011, 12:26:26 PM

Also do devs ever make things easier post-beta? It's always nerfing exp or making shit harder because you don't want players actually eating through your content, god forbid!

I eagerly await the inevitable.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13050 on: November 18, 2011, 12:27:19 PM

Also do devs ever make things easier post-beta? It's always nerfing exp or making shit harder because you don't want players actually eating through your content, god forbid!

I eagerly await the inevitable.

Oh yeah, that's a certainty.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13051 on: November 18, 2011, 12:28:05 PM

Their CC got nerfed, they are all crying again it's fine.

"What you mean I'm not supposed to be able to take a coffee break halfway through combat and regen all my health and energy?"

What nerf? The "mobs under Force Lift regen their health" thing?

If so, my heart bleeds for their plight, and each of my blood cells is playing a tiny fiddle.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13052 on: November 18, 2011, 12:29:19 PM

The Dev's have stated what they expect player to mob difficulty to be. What it is now, is WELL outside their stated goals, or they are insane. Either or.

Most specs can be virtually one-shit by certain silver elite mobs. Silver elites are supposed to be a roughly 1 on 1 challenge for a equal level player. Not a death sentence.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just fucking with us to see how we dance, they've done that before in the Beta.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13053 on: November 18, 2011, 12:29:31 PM

I must be one of the few that didn't like the Inquisitor.  I played one to 24 as a Sorc and I found it boring.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13054 on: November 18, 2011, 12:30:31 PM

The Lady inquisitor is such a snarky bitch in the face of all this 'ultimate dark side power' I can't help but laugh.

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: