Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Purple chests 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Purple chests  (Read 4528 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: October 13, 2008, 05:08:30 PM

With the latest update they decided to introduce a new kind of chest, for random world purple drops. Finally, today I was lucky enough to get one and since it's not a common view I decided to screenshot and share it. Here it is, loot included. As you can see they always contain a blue and a purple. Sweet stuff.

The chest

The loot

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:53:11 AM

At level 59 that's an amazing bow.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:44:50 AM

Itemization is still crap, and while they announced improvements on that area they are yet to come. Stll, purple random drops are a nice, needed addition. And a good start.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:37:18 AM

What happened to your hotbars? O_o

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:31:54 AM

Heh, that's my pvp setup. The lower screen bars are totally useless for me (I just put there long term buffs, recalls, etc), while everything I need to fight is VERY CLOSE to the action (actually ON it). This way I look at the chars fighting WHILE looking at the hotbars to click it. In my field of vision it's like they are superimposed on my retina or something, a la robocop hud. It's... I know.. point and laugh.. but it works for me!

(actually believe me Conan pvp can be THAT fast. So every millisecond could save my life).

Xuri
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:52:06 AM

So... you use the mouse to click on attacks/combos/abilities?  ACK!
Wouldn't it be easier to memorize your keyboard shortcuts? =P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:12:17 AM

There are two different schools about that. Would it be easier? Maybe, but that's not how I learned to play and how I am efficient at it.
Actually, as you can see, there are lots of buttons to push (14 are very common, extending to 20 for special occasions), so it would be like playing the piano at a sustained speed. I really think there's no way you can effectively PvP with a barbarian in Conan with just keyboard shortcuts, but as I said it all boils down to how you learned the game.

To me clicking skills is totally natural now, and having the bar so high in the middle helps a lot, as my eyes can see what is happening and what am I clicking at the same time. That said, even if you use the keyboard shortcuts you still need to look at the icons to check cooldowns and such, so having them in sight is a great help. Clicking, as I said, becomes automatic after a while. Finally, if you have two hands on your keyboard for moving and hotskilling, how do you move your camera?

I can't and don't want to play without keyboard AND mouse.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:14:43 AM by Falconeer »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 09:09:55 AM

I cannot click buttons.  I lose track of my mouse all the time.  It just goes a wandering off.  And I have enough trouble figuring out what's going on without anythin blocking the view.

Interesting to see how people process visual information differently though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xuri
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 10:11:57 AM

I grew up (well... grew MORE up. I didn't have a mouse for my C64) with one hand glued to the mouse and the other to WASD, nothing short of amputation will stop me from defaulting to that whenever I sit down infront of a computer, so I'm with you on the "don't want to play without keyboard AND mouse"-part. I prefer keyboard shortcuts for the one reason that it frees up my right hand for mouse turning/movement & camera control, and I only use the mouse to click on stuff in those rare cases where I have more buttons to press than I have keys easily available on the left hand side of the keyboard (rough count gives me 20 at the very least?).

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Purple chests  
Jump to: