Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Eats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Eats  (Read 5724 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: October 08, 2008, 05:50:36 PM

It's my favorite show by far on the Food Network. What are your favorite episodes?

Mine are the one they did on Chili when they dressed up as cowboys, the one he did on making ribs in the oven, and his take on homemade tortillas.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:55 PM

I'm always exhausted by the time he finishes talking (which is never).

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:52:31 PM

Love this show. I loved the pancake episode.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:02:01 PM

I regularly make his recipe for stovetop Mac & Cheese.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 07:20:16 AM

My wife uses his brining techniques for the Thanksgiving turkey every year. For that alone, he should be sainted as it is mana from the heavens.

Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 09:08:26 AM

His french toast recipe is amazingly awesome.  especially when the wife makes home made bread (it goes stale super fast so it great for french toast).
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 09:53:55 AM

I like the French toast episode, too, but these days I find his recipes a bit pedestrian. I prefer Feating on Asphalt/Waves much more.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 11:30:51 AM

I think he is running on fumes for Good Eats as far as ideas, but I really like him on ICA and his other shows. I am also in lust with W for some reason.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:50 PM

I have this on the DVR so I practically watch it everyday.  My favorite part about the show is he takes the time to dispel myths while he shows the science behind what it actually happening.  That way you can correct people when they talk about frying foods or washing mushrooms.

Oh and apparently W is Alton's chiropractor.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:57 PM

W is hot in that "oooo she's so strict" sort of way.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Feasting on Asphalt was awesome. I like Feasting on Waves, but Asphalt was much better.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 01:15:17 PM

W is hot in that "oooo she's so strict" sort of way.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Feasting on Asphalt was awesome. I like Feasting on Waves, but Asphalt was much better.

Same, hehe.

Iron Chef, Good Eats, and a Cook's Tour were the reasons I really got into Food Network.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:22:40 PM

I think he is running on fumes for Good Eats as far as ideas, but I really like him on ICA and his other shows.

Oh and also:

If I'm asked to continue Good Eats, I will take at least a six months break because I'm running on fumes.

He said that in 2007.  awesome, for real

Also for ICA:

He tosses off arcane facts as assuredly as Larry Munson summons Dawgs passing stats, but this deceptively easy patter is the result of intense cramming. The day of production, he gets up at 4 a.m., studies the pantry lists for two hours, then goes to the studio and checks the racks of special items the chefs have requested to make sure he can recognize and pronounce everything. While the 10 cameras are rolling, he's on the Internet, accessing his database of ingredients and watching the studio monitors.

WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:30:59 PM

Heh- great minds.

As a viewer, I really respect and appreciate the time and effort he takes to learn all the arcane stuff for each ICA episode. Since he has the nerdy professor persona, having him spout facts off sounds far more natural than it would if it was just some pretty talking head. To use a sports analogy, he is like listening to a smart QB or former coach do color commentary; much better than listening to a defensive lineman who just mails it in (I am looking at YOU, Tony Siragusa). Being educated and entertained at the same time is one of life's great pleasures.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 01:51:20 PM

I like Alton's stuff, too. And I echo the sentiment about the fucking Goose. My game buddy and I start mocking him whenever they let him open his goddamned trap. So like half a game.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 06:59:15 AM

I tivo Good Eats and watch the ones I haven't seen before.  Usually, I have a couple stashed for trying something out when I get time.

Dude cracks me up though, he looks and acts almost exactly like one of my friends.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Eats  
Jump to: