Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: swordsmaster pvp respec 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: swordsmaster pvp respec  (Read 3638 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: September 26, 2008, 12:48:38 PM

53.2 dps 2hander epic quest reward tempted me  awesome, for real

i'm respeccing 2 hander once i've hit 30 for these 2 picks from Khaine's path:
Gryphon Precision: 25% Chance to stun for 1 sec on hit on using Gryphon Lash, an attack that cannot be defended against. You can chain stun too, since target does not gain 'Unstoppable buff' when they get hit with it. NO COOLDOWN! Perfect Opener. Stunned means no movement and no control. Perfect for disrupting casters.

Ether Dance: 5 Strikes, Dealing roughly 100 Spirit Dmg Each. Requires Perfect Balance. Cooldown 8 sec. Awesome finisher.

So. Combat Strategy: Turn on Nature Blade for debuffing AoE,  knockback the tanks, rape the healers with Gryphon strikes.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:55:02 PM

Don't forget balanced accuracy.  +20% change to crit on your ether dance = win.

Gryphon's precision is pretty meh to me.  Do you really want to just spam gryphon lash on casters  (very AP inefficient as well), especially when you have some solid single target burst damage with ether dance?  Plus, Going 5+ gryphon's lashes without ever seeing a stun is going to be very common.  I'd think going sapping strike or gryphons lash/deep incision or dazzling strike/ether dance against casters would be the best way to go.

I just would hate relying on something that would happen so rarely, and that would drain your AP that fast.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:59:25 PM by trias_e »
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 01:50:51 PM

I'm torn on my SM - but as attractive as these are I think I'm going Hoeth mostly.  Your approach has a lot of appeal, but I think I'm going to focus on my WL for melee damage funness and keep my SM a little more "tanky".
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:54:50 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:00:27 PM

Oh yeah definitely G-Strike is not a cheap skill to spam, but the 25% innate chance to stun is a nice opener. I will definitely hit Ether dance since it's FREE of Charge and has high chance to crit with that tactic you speak of.

We'll see what happens when i hit 30.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:22:49 PM

I'm going to try to stay Khaine/2hdr into 40.  I'm not running meters or anything, but was sometimes contributing in the #2 spot in our guild PQs last night and I was at least two levels beneath everyone else.  Downside is that I can't tank... so I'll need to deal with people bitching about me not tanking.  (godamn fury warriors)

In last night's group I used:

Tactics: Deep Incision, Focused Offense and Centuries of Training

I usually replace Focused Offense with the +dot to ensorcelled blow, but the threat reduction and +damage from focused offense work pretty well. 

I can get 3-4 dots going on a target if my morale is up.  Seems like I was doing pretty decent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: swordsmaster pvp respec  
Jump to: