Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Knight Rider 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knight Rider  (Read 20531 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 03:40:48 AM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 08:42:44 AM

Geez.  How many crappy crap old series should they bring back so you guys can complain about how crappy the new ones are?  Most of them were crappy enough the first time around.  You probably only liked them because you were a bunch of kids or peer pressure or you had bad taste anyway?  It's like the tv people have developed a whole industry centered around torturing you and you hate it so much that you ask for more!  What is wrong with you people?!?   ACK!  I think I'm the only sane person on f13!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 10:46:40 AM

Geez.  How many crappy crap old series should they bring back so you guys can complain about how crappy the new ones are?  Most of them were crappy enough the first time around.  You probably only liked them because you were a bunch of kids or peer pressure or you had bad taste anyway?  It's like the tv people have developed a whole industry centered around torturing you and you hate it so much that you ask for more!  What is wrong with you people?!?   ACK!  I think I'm the only sane person on f13!

Wait wait wait... Are you saying that Airwolf was bad?

First Palin shoots her mouth of, then you slur the best show ever...  Women.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 01:24:42 PM

Will someone please think of The A-Team?  Who can be more deserving than them?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 03:29:47 PM

Yes!! Ice Cube as B.A. though, meh. Would be very interesting to see if this ever comes out and is any good. Very tough to redo that 80s-style of national optimism nowadays.

We keep hoping for another Battlestar Galactica (pilot and season 1). Lightning maybe doesn't strike the same place twice, but it's not without hoping smiley
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 03:31:18 PM by Darniaq »
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 05:21:39 PM

Then we see the car which has quite an unfortunate voice (not the right combo of fun/smarmy that was the other incarnation) poke fun at some guards.
It's the best Val Kilmer can do these days.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 28, 2008, 06:15:31 PM

The back story y'all are bitching about was covered in the Movie that was aired last Winter/Spring.  How short our memories are.
A TV pilot\first episode needs to sell itself based on that first episode, not tie-in with a crappy TV movie and expect people to remember any of the details.  As Darniaq says, sell it in the first 10-20 minutes so people give a shit and want to tune in for future episodes.  Introducing multiple side-plots that may or may not have anything to do with the first 20 minutes are fine for established shows, but doing that when the audience is trying to guess what is going on and who is who requires considerably more effort than just throwing it out there an hoping it sticks.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 01:13:36 AM

Yes!! Ice Cube as B.A. though, meh. Would be very interesting to see if this ever comes out and is any good. Very tough to redo that 80s-style of national optimism nowadays.
What, they couldn't get Mr. T?  I mean, some of them I can see they have to replace, but he still looks right for the part...

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 01:45:13 AM

I thought he was starting to look kind of old... I'm sure they could make him B.A.'s father though.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 05:36:58 AM

He'd have to get buff for sure. He still has the look that works, but he isn't all that otherwise scary in that WoW commercial.

I didn't realize it was Val Kilmer who did KITTs voice until NiX mentioned it. I just looked up recent pictures of him. Explains QUITE a lot. What the heck happened to him? He looked heavy in Deja Vu but he really let himself go in the last two years.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 11:15:28 AM

I'd like to see Terry Crewes as BA.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:57 AM

Why not Terry Tate?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:48 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 07:44:03 AM

On A-Team: Really? Would a modern audience even go for something like that and not think cheap knock-off of most recent action movies?

The A-Team spent most episodes fighting evil land barons or evil corporate scumbags, so I figure today's audience would love it with some tie-ins to current events.  Unfortunately, it's not 1985 and all TV shows have to have fifteen subplots concerning the lives and emotions of the immense cast.  They would also put a chick in there, which just wouldn't work.

Terry Tate as B.A. would kick ass.

EDIT for fantasy cast:
Hannibal: Clive Owen
Face: Robert Downey, Jr.
Murdock: Steve Carell
B.A.: Terry Tate
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:54:28 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 11:18:54 AM

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 11:21:49 AM

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 11:40:15 AM

The only way I'd have even considered watching this show was if Samuel L. Jackson was the voice of the car.

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 12:07:15 PM

"What?! Turn left? Motherfucker, ain't nothing on the left! You better get this bitch in gear, motherfucker!"

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 12:15:29 PM

Now that would be a show worth watching.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 01:24:30 PM

The A-Team spent most episodes fighting evil land barons or evil corporate scumbags, so I figure today's audience would love it with some tie-ins to current events.  Unfortunately, it's not 1985 and all TV shows have to have fifteen subplots concerning the lives and emotions of the immense cast.  They would also put a chick in there, which just wouldn't work.

The A-Team always had a chick in there.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 05:53:40 PM

The only way I'd have even considered watching this show was if Samuel L. Jackson was the voice of the car.

/signed. John Hancock style.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 08:25:13 AM

They should rename this show, call it something like "The we struggle to maintain normal body temperature show" or "Nudists at above or below 98.6" ... maybe "Sweaty bods" ...

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 09:38:18 AM

Can we just call it Shit and flush it down the toilet already?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Knight Rider  
Jump to: