Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 755852 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3675 on: June 07, 2017, 07:35:41 AM

My sister got me the standard upgrade for a pressie.  I'm assuming that's the $30 one that Rishathra is talking about.  I'm only level 7 because I can't make up my mind whether to play a dw and bow stam warden or a 2h and bow stam warden.  :(  I almost never play magic anything in this game but I wonder about that, too.  I also wish I could take that ridiculous armour off my poor doggie.  It's not as if he needs it.  I sub because I like the endless space in the crafting bag. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3676 on: June 07, 2017, 01:44:23 PM

My sister got me the standard upgrade for a pressie.  I'm assuming that's the $30 one that Rishathra is talking about.  I'm only level 7 because I can't make up my mind whether to play a dw and bow stam warden or a 2h and bow stam warden.  :(  I almost never play magic anything in this game but I wonder about that, too.  I also wish I could take that ridiculous armour off my poor doggie.  It's not as if he needs it.  I sub because I like the endless space in the crafting bag. 

My warden is almost 40 and I'm using bow/2h.  Damage is pretty decent so far.  I'm more of a stam build player myself and it seems pretty viable for wardens.  Getting the Betty Netch morph for regen helps a lot.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3677 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:05 PM

Do not try to craft without a subscription. You will quit or kill yourself inside a week just fucking with inventory.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3678 on: June 07, 2017, 09:24:30 PM

Thanks, Ginaz, for the netch tip.  I like the 2-handed/bow so far, too, although it could be because the last stint of ESO I used dw/bow and need a change.  Dual wield may be a bit more fun but 2-handed damage is just sick.  In a good way.  I also made a magic warden, 2 destruction staffs, just because I didn't have ANY magic users in my character line up.  It's actually kind of fun... at least for the first six levels.   Ohhhhh, I see. 

As for crafting, the crafting bag has spoiled me so much that I'm not sure I can craft in any other game ever again.   ACK!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3679 on: June 08, 2017, 06:56:08 PM

Do not try to craft without a subscription. You will quit or kill yourself inside a week just fucking with inventory.

I don't really do much crafting myself (one of my guys is at 50 provisioning) but I love the crafting bag.  It lets me loot everything everywhere without having to worry about bag space.  As long as I'm actively playing, I'll probably sub.  Well played Zenimax/Bethesda.  Well played.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3680 on: June 08, 2017, 07:14:42 PM

Thanks, Ginaz, for the netch tip.  I like the 2-handed/bow so far, too, although it could be because the last stint of ESO I used dw/bow and need a change.  Dual wield may be a bit more fun but 2-handed damage is just sick.  In a good way.  I also made a magic warden, 2 destruction staffs, just because I didn't have ANY magic users in my character line up.  It's actually kind of fun... at least for the first six levels.   Ohhhhh, I see.  

As for crafting, the crafting bag has spoiled me so much that I'm not sure I can craft in any other game ever again.   ACK!

I forgot the mention the morph for the netch you want as a stam warden is called Bull Netch, though it's fairly obvious from the tool tips what each one does.  It restores some of your stam over 23 secs and increases weapon and spell damage by 20% over that time as well.  It's good to try and keep it up at all times. There's also an ability in the healing tree, the first one you get,  that morphs (morph is called Enchanted Growth) into a stam and mag regen buff when cast on other players, and your bear, which is nice for dungeons.  If you're looking for a magic based build use the set up Alcast has in his video.  He's pretty knowledgeable about all things ESO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2KqJPyt7dM

Edit: Here's another way to go with a 2h/bow stam warden build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9qu2MCMEDA&t=20s
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:32:44 PM by Ginaz »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3681 on: June 09, 2017, 08:44:17 AM

Thanks again!  Although I still intend to level a magic warden at some point, I've gone back to my stamina warden and made it to level 12 so far.  This new area really is bigger than I thought it would be.  They even made a new tutorial intro for it.  I'm pretty impressed. 

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3682 on: June 17, 2017, 11:50:27 AM

Picked up the base game for $10 just to waste time until Destiny 2. It's not bad for no-sub. Still running around the newbie island. Any tips for someone that doesn't plan on getting into crafting?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:57:08 AM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3683 on: June 17, 2017, 06:09:14 PM

The biggest thing I'd recommend is making sure you have a skill from every major class line on your hotbar. This makes sure when you hit 50 you'll be close to max level on the most important skills you need. There's no option you can't course correct through respec, though there's an optimal build depending on what you're doing.

If you're not crafting, just play the quests and level as you like.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3684 on: June 22, 2017, 10:16:20 AM

I have spent my last few sessions running around trying to finish off rare fishing accomplishments. I imagine I will eventually get to 50th level by accident.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3685 on: September 14, 2017, 03:59:00 AM

If anyone is still playing this and has a somewhat active guild I wouldn't mind an invite please. (@xwaste in game)

Trying it out now and it feels better than at launch, getting into it more than I did then.  The crafting bag is a miracle, the game is so much better without the inventory management.  It's a little annoying to know they designed a problem then make you pay for the solution, but atm I'm just enjoying looting all the things.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:01:45 AM by Wasted »
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #3686 on: December 13, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

Picked up the base game for $10 just to waste time until Destiny 2. It's not bad for no-sub. Still running around the newbie island. Any tips for someone that doesn't plan on getting into crafting?

lol, hows that Destiny 2 working out for yeh? lmao...
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3687 on: March 25, 2018, 09:52:43 PM

Does this game actually has randomly generated loot as in Diablo? If it does, it could be the only MMORPG with this awesome and unique feature.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #3688 on: March 26, 2018, 03:46:42 AM

No randomly generated loot a la Diablo. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3689 on: March 26, 2018, 07:52:16 AM

Ok then. I thought it was cause it's based on suffixes and prefixes and other buffs and procs, so I totally thought it was randomly assigned some of that. Boo.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3690 on: March 26, 2018, 08:35:26 AM

random loot is like

look, I'm a single issue voter when it comes to games
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3691 on: March 26, 2018, 09:02:55 AM

Auto Assault (  Heartbreak ) had it. That did not last long.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3692 on: March 26, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

Auto Assault was terrible.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3693 on: March 26, 2018, 11:13:43 AM

Yeah, BUT!

schild
Administrator

Reply #3694 on: March 26, 2018, 07:11:46 PM

no buts
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3695 on: May 21, 2018, 03:56:44 PM

Early access for the newest expansion is now live for those that pre-ordered.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3696 on: June 09, 2018, 09:38:42 PM

Looks like you buy Morrowind with Crowns now.  Cost is 3500.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3697 on: July 24, 2018, 08:16:14 PM

Got a free copy of this (thanks again Ginaz) and I have mixed feelings so far. I started as a Nightblade with plans to go stealth archer (since that's how you play Elder Scrolls games) but stealth feels sort of shit and overall the game feels more MMO than ES. So now I'm thinking about rerolling as some kind of tank and just embracing the MMO. Is it possible to transfer items or gold between toons? If so, do they have to be on the same faction?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
WayAbvPar

Reply #3698 on: July 25, 2018, 12:25:42 AM

All your characters share a bank, so you can pass crap between them to your heart's content. I would seriously advise against leveling as a tank...it will take goddamned forever. You can level all the weapon types and swap around as often as you would care to at max level.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3699 on: July 25, 2018, 06:11:30 AM

Well I didn't mean literally leveling sword and board, but more leveling a class that can tank and occasionally pulling out the sword and board for leveling dungeons. Good to know the bank is account bound; is the craft bag account based or do I need to dump that into the bank too?

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3700 on: July 25, 2018, 06:50:16 AM

craft bag is account based too
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3701 on: July 25, 2018, 08:46:09 AM

How important is faction choice? Should I keep my alt and main on the same faction, or does that not matter?

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3702 on: July 25, 2018, 03:13:48 PM

It only matters for pvp, for everything else faction barely matters at all, I think maybe just what zone it directs you to after the tutorial.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #3703 on: July 25, 2018, 04:15:35 PM

Well I didn't mean literally leveling sword and board, but more leveling a class that can tank and occasionally pulling out the sword and board for leveling dungeons. Good to know the bank is account bound; is the craft bag account based or do I need to dump that into the bank too?

You'll still need to level up your sword and board skills if you want to tank though (maybe you know this already and I've misunderstood).

I play ESO as a Dragonknight Orc Tank (ie sword and board) and levelling was ok. If you want to do a dungeon, you go to the dungeon finder and a group pops up within seconds, while DPS might have to wait 15 minutes.

You can run through delves and just ignore the trash mobs and go get the skyshard and kill the boss.

You can spam dolmens and I'm not sure it makes any difference what weapon you are using or how much damage you actually do.

Having said that, nothing wrong with levelling a DPS weapon and the sword and shield at the same time. You can switch between them any time you like, even in the middle of combat, after all.

If you're using a craft bag then I guess you're going to craft. Here's a tip - start researching asap and always be researching.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3704 on: July 29, 2018, 08:39:30 PM

Do we have any sort of Bat Country? I'm on PC NA as @Rendakor if anyone wants to add me either to a hypothetical guild or as friends.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3705 on: July 30, 2018, 11:51:55 AM

@WayAbvPar PC NA. I am usually fishing, but would be happy to join up for some dungeon runs or world bosses or PvP or anything. Also happy to answer questions in game (I am FAR from an expert, but some of the basics have seeped into my head).

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  
Jump to: