Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Shin Megami Tensei MMOG coming to America 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei MMOG coming to America  (Read 26721 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 05, 2008, 07:30:26 PM

I didn't think you were bashing.  I was just saying I wasn't in the loop.

For slots I was meaning the bank storage.  I'll need a lot to get my breeding program going.  It's good to know more slots are unlocked though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 06, 2008, 10:53:48 AM

I have an extra beta key.  If you're interested PM.
Gone...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 12:09:14 PM by Lounge »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 06, 2008, 12:27:48 PM

Well, I just found a clan permit dirt cheap, so I made one for me and my friends, if anyone else wants to come hang out, let me know.  It's a whole 3 people though, so don't expect much.

Edit:  Suppose I should clarify, I'm either Ard in game, or send an invite request to the guild Wheee from the terminal.  This here ain't bat country... yet...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 12:39:29 PM by Ard »
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 06, 2008, 05:13:07 PM

I've been trying the game out a bit, but I get so many disconnects. It only costs 100 to activate an instanced dungeon, but more than once I've been unable to make that 100 back because I got disconnected and lost my instance.

Stability is likely to improve, Aeria has plenty of stable games, but the I'm on the fence with the mabinogi style combat.
I hope they lower mp costs or increase your mana pool so you don't have to use a mp item after every single fight
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 06, 2008, 05:52:39 PM

I've been trying the game out a bit, but I get so many disconnects. It only costs 100 to activate an instanced dungeon, but more than once I've been unable to make that 100 back because I got disconnected and lost my instance.

Stability is likely to improve, Aeria has plenty of stable games, but the I'm on the fence with the mabinogi style combat.
I hope they lower mp costs or increase your mana pool so you don't have to use a mp item after every single fight

Pretty sure the stability issues are 100% due to them screwing up the closed beta invites and not actually locking people out of it, so they're dealing with an unpredictable, and apparently large, number of people in game.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #75 on: December 06, 2008, 06:47:37 PM

For some odd reason I just can't pass the first quest given after the tutorial. Durrr  swamp poop
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 06, 2008, 09:29:25 PM

For slots I was meaning the bank storage.  I'll need a lot to get my breeding program going.  It's good to know more slots are unlocked though.

Looks like another slot unlocks when you register 100 monster infos, so it looks like it's more than just level based.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 30, 2008, 12:49:26 PM

The open beta just started, if anyone is still interested.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #78 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:21 PM

Woot!

Any info about char wipes and all?
I forced myself not to play until the last wipe. Usually open beta means release for these kind of games. Is it safe?

schild
Administrator

Reply #79 on: December 30, 2008, 01:34:41 PM

Wondering that myself.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 30, 2008, 01:40:15 PM

Wondering that myself.

Pretty sure this is it for character wipes.  I can go looking for an actual link on that, but I'm lazy.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 30, 2008, 06:26:36 PM

Yay!  Now I can start working on my charts again.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008, 06:23:47 PM

Homemade Fusion Chart

This is mostly a project to improve my php and mySQL skills, while giving the explorer in me a way to keep track of everything I stumble across.  It'll most likely only be useful to newbies as I don't tend to progress very fast in these games, and at the moment at least, I'm wanting to fill it in as I discover combinations.  If it helps someone though, enjoy.

[Entries with Pixie (Leader), the (Unseasoned) Cait Sith, and (Unseasoned) Jack Frost may be slightly incorrect as I assumed variations would all give the same result.  I know of at least one difference, so that was wrong and I may have misplaced an entry separating some of them out.]

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:40 PM

Schild created a guild last night, but keeps forgetting to post.  Bug him for details.

And as far as your fusion chart goes, here's a monkeywrench you aren't going to like.  The fusions are dependant on the level of the critter, and which family it's in, not the specific critter type.  For example, if you level up a pixie, it can potentially take the place of a high pixie or any other thing in it's family group.  It's a good starting place going by the starting level of the critters, but it's not the only way to get things.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 06:42:45 PM by Ard »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 06:57:43 PM

Interesting.  We'll see if I ever bother to take that into account.  For now it's a fun little diversion.

Also my little Lost Hua Po is awesome.  She almost soloed an Adept Nekomata at level 9 (I am not so awesome -- faceplanted early), and we took down Garm without being hit.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 31, 2008, 07:55:54 PM

Interesting.  We'll see if I ever bother to take that into account.  For now it's a fun little diversion.

Also my little Lost Hua Po is awesome.  She almost soloed an Adept Nekomata at level 9 (I am not so awesome -- faceplanted early), and we took down Garm without being hit.

Well, to be fair, the Adept Nekomatas are ass beaters.  I still have to tiptoe around them if I find a room of them, and pull them one at a time out into the hall, although I've put on a few levels since then.  If you end up needing to do the main story boss fights, let us know, since you can go in as a group, and they give out a TON of bonus xp for everyone at them (the service entry fight after killing the inugamis, and the gray plate version of the suginami tunnels).  We've already finished up the service entry, and Schild and I did his grey plate run earlier tonight and it rewards 100k xp to everyone, but I still need to do mine.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 31, 2008, 08:32:00 PM

Alright.  I'm running around as my alter-ego Siobhan, usually in channel 7, in case you stumble across me.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: December 31, 2008, 09:35:47 PM

I haven't played in a while, somehow I either really suck, or I need to grind in order to do the quests. Either way makes me not want to play.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: January 01, 2009, 02:13:27 PM

My fusion table now follows the families.  That was a lot of work since I wanted to base it off my discoveries and not some half-incorrect cheat sheet.

I still need to link some things together and redo the detail pages, but the data has all been reworked to fit my new understanding of things.  Conveniently, it made the fusion table a lot less chaotic, and it lists elemental fusions.

Of course the two people who might care I can tell in game.  I really wrote this to ask schild if he had a larger version of his avatar icon.  That's awesome.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #89 on: January 01, 2009, 02:46:30 PM

Lantyssa, is your family fusion chart presenting results that mimick this one?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 01, 2009, 03:35:32 PM

It's probably similar, but I'm guessing there will be differences with Imagine.  I'm not reading any charts though so I don't spoil myself.  Thankfully he JLS version FAQ was enough to correct my misconceptions without giving everything away.  I love exploring systems, and I distrust a lot of data put together by strangers for data this complicated.

With SWG Creatures and the new pet skill systems after the CU I saw how badly shoddy data screwed up attempts to understand the system.  I had to start coding things based on whether I made the determination or someone else did.  It was a huge pain in the ass, so it's easier if I just trust what I do myself.

Really though, other than the personal joy I get out of discovery, it's a way for me to improve some job related skills doing something I find fun.

Also my charts are in a database, so I can do neat things like go into details or present information in different ways.  Once I get a few more links done, it propogates additions and changes more easily.  Screw Spreadsheats in Space -- I've got Demons in Databases.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 01, 2009, 03:51:16 PM

Screw Spreadsheats in Space -- I've got Demons in Databases.

Dare I say, Digital Devils, even?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #92 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:14 PM

Has the game presented any change at all from closed to open? Looking for a decrease in XP requirements, mostly.

Inb4DigitalDevils?Inmydatabases?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 01, 2009, 08:42:26 PM

Has the game presented any change at all from closed to open? Looking for a decrease in XP requirements, mostly.

Inb4DigitalDevils?Inmydatabases?

Far as I can tell, the xp is still the same.  But I didn't get past 20 the first time around, and I don't know how bad it gets past that point, or if the storyline quest rewards stop being as insanely exploitable for leveling.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 02, 2009, 09:21:11 AM

Made a character and got to level 8 so far. Too early to decide if I hate it or not.
schild
Administrator

Reply #95 on: January 02, 2009, 04:52:38 PM

Made a character and got to level 8 so far. Too early to decide if I hate it or not.

Depends on how involved you get with demon fusion and all that shit.
schild
Administrator

Reply #96 on: January 03, 2009, 04:42:20 PM

Yes, buy my hats.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 03, 2009, 05:01:36 PM

So is there any info on how to build your character without gimping it anywhere? I'm about to hit 14, and I have a feeling that I'm not training enough things in the expertise menu.
schild
Administrator

Reply #98 on: January 03, 2009, 05:03:43 PM

So is there any info on how to build your character without gimping it anywhere? I'm about to hit 14, and I have a feeling that I'm not training enough things in the expertise menu.

What do you want to build?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 03, 2009, 05:41:30 PM

caster
schild
Administrator

Reply #100 on: January 03, 2009, 05:53:13 PM

caster
A decent caster guide - don't know how well it performs as you get further in.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: January 03, 2009, 10:41:51 PM

Okay, so, as Schild and I have discovered, the Shibuya Quartz dungeon is by far the best place to level from like 16 to 25 or so.  The catch is that you need to farm 10 altered magnetite in the zone to get a bronze plate for it.  Now, farming these from the mobs sucks.  The drop rate is somewhere around 1 in 5 kills.  This is annoying, and will make you hate life.  However, earlier tonight, I found by far the easiest way to get it.

This is the map of Shibuya, out the south exit from Shijuku Babel.  The circled D is the Shibuya Quartz dungeon.  The circle in the south east corner however is a large empty field full of white plasmas.  These plasmas seem to drop an altered magnetite at around 1 for 3.  It can also easily be farmed by 2-3 people without beating the respawn rate, so getting plates for runs is fairly easily done  doing this, and won't make you rage-quit the game in frustration.  I farmed up 40 crystals and about 35k in unrelated junk in around 15 minutes.  Have fun :D
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 03, 2009, 11:52:38 PM

Looks like this game doesn't want me to solo. I think I hit a wall at 15.
schild
Administrator

Reply #103 on: January 03, 2009, 11:53:44 PM

I've found that the vast majority is soloable if you build your devils really well.

What's giving you problems? Suginami Grey or maybe the access corridor or whatever?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 04, 2009, 07:19:15 AM

I've found that the vast majority is soloable if you build your devils really well.

What's giving you problems? Suginami Grey or maybe the access corridor or whatever?

Suginami Gray. I'm just using the Brave Garm that was given to me. I got to some starfish mob, and it killed me in one hit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Shin Megami Tensei MMOG coming to America  
Jump to: