Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Kitchen Nightmares 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kitchen Nightmares  (Read 15026 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 11:06:28 AM

I was more worried you'd tip her off and drain even more quality time down the sink of TV Cooking.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 13, 2013, 05:40:46 PM

We stopped watching this one a few years ago because it was all shouting and cockroaches, but checked out the latest episode after the resurrect here. Wow, that's entertainment. Definitely crazy and bonus points for the living up to her political stereotype with the racist dog whistle "lazy and dirty" excuse for difficulty finding staff. With double points for being a fundamentalist and dropping the f-bomb every third word.

Apparently in addition to being crazy, some bloggers dug up her criminal record for identity theft/bank fraud. Another figured out all the pictures of food on their website are stolen from other sites. And if you look up their Facebook they've decided to go all out attacking Reddit and Yelp. It's pretty funny stuff.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 11:39:49 AM

Rise, for first time that Ramsey actually said "fuck this place, I'm done" and walked out of "Amy's Baking Co."

Looked up the reviews for this place afterwards.  My god, how does a place like that function for so long  swamp poop
I looked up the reviews as well.  Problem is the vast majority are a week or less old.  Lots of trolls on top of any real reviews.

That said if you dig in to the real reviews, they agree that both owners are nuts.  Based on how much she kept harping on the Internet, and how the few good reviews were anon, I wonder how many were her.  Probably a good number of them.

Google or Yelp had a review that mentioned they'd closed 3 or 4 years ago for a while.  Looks like they'll be doing the same again soon.
Their Facebook page is...impressive:

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 11:42:28 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39720/miscellany/ot/amysbakingcompany.png

For people without facebook, or people that hate facebook, or whatever.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 11:46:36 AM

Is that their real account or a fake one some jokester set up?

I had to download and watch this episode after the descriptions here and I think doing so probably shaved time off my life because my blood pressure was so high for the entire episode watching these two pieces of shit.
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 11:50:02 AM

Oh it's very real. It's not a witch hunt because she's not a witch.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 11:55:41 AM

It's linked from their webpage, on the other hand their webpage has a google "this site may be compromised" note on it.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 12:01:42 PM

So how long before they sue Ramsey for that Kitchen Nightmares episode?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 12:04:48 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39720/miscellany/ot/amysbakingcompany.png

For people without facebook, or people that hate facebook, or whatever.

Holy God. The TV appearance was just the tip of the crazy iceberg. The Internet smells blood in the water.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 14, 2013, 12:12:40 PM

'We will one day have a human child' Huh

Surely they've been hacked.  Surely.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 12:20:30 PM

meowmeow?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:27 PM

It's impossible to believe they haven't been, other than the evidence of the show and their previous record of posting similarly crazy things to Yelp etc. It's definitely the most entertaining "bad business" meme since the Cooks Source thing.

schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 12:32:55 PM

Considering she refers to her cats as her children, I don't see how this is unreasonable.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 12:34:26 PM

I did not know.

Cat people are fucking crazy.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 01:31:34 PM

If you read back their Yelp reviews from before the show went out and the whole thing became an Internet sensation, you can see one of the owners going fucking nutbar on every single negative reviewer (plus some obvious shill reviews) often claiming he's going to sue, and always asking Yelp to pull the negative review. I suspect that's one of the ways the KN producers found the restaurant, in fact.

They are very obviously full on fucking nuts. A place that size churning through 100 staff members in a year is nearly impossible.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 04:22:20 PM

Episode is on YouTube now (won't bother linking because it'll probably be taken down within the hour).  This is fantastic.

I think the best part is how they think Gordon Ramsay is going to come and tell all those mean people from the Internet how good their food is.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:30 PM

It's been up for a while, at least since the day before yesterday.

Craziness.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 04:27:35 PM

Good stuff.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 07:47:33 PM

I did not know.

Hey!  All Scottish people are hairy!  Like Italians!  And those Scottish Italian people are the worst!  Except for Dario, he's totally yummy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 09:00:19 PM

They are very obviously full on fucking nuts. A place that size churning through 100 staff members in a year is nearly impossible.

Yeah, that was the part that convinced me there was no helping the place. When the ex-employee said that they'd been through 50 staff in 1 1/2 years, I knew these people were crazy. Nobody can afford to turn over that much staff in any business unless every employee is a temp. You just won't get any continuity of service or production. Then at the end he says it's actually more like 100 and I just boggled. It's like SirBruce's male and female side split into two crazy entities of their own and formed a triumvirate of cognitive dissonance. If 100 low-wage workers would rather go find other employment than work for you, no, the problem is most certainly YOU.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 02:27:30 AM

They both clearly will do anything to avoid becoming dependent on any employee--he barely lets the front of the house staff do anything besides bus tables and pour water, she won't let anyone do anything meaningful in the kitchen. They clearly think everyone else in the universe besides them is dirty, lazy and bad.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 15, 2013, 02:32:32 AM

I did not know.

Hey!  All Scottish people are hairy!  Like Italians!  And those Scottish Italian people are the worst!  Except for Dario, he's totally yummy.

Seriously, your counter argument is "I'm Signe and I'm not crazy" ?

That's...an interesting tack to take.

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #57 on: May 15, 2013, 07:27:40 AM

Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy

That is hilarious.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 07:43:23 AM

That's a whole lot of hacking, but somehow more comforting if there was any chance in hell if it was true.

Alas.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 15, 2013, 09:18:12 AM

The UK version of this used to just be about the Kitchen, the Food and the Business.

I've noticed that once it got exported over there, it became about abberant personalities.

This isn't a good change, in my opinion.  Typical reality show bullshit leaked in.

I have watched a number of episodes of this. aberrant personalities are generally the problem in the US. However, I do have to say that most shows are indeed just about the practices, not the people.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 09:40:22 AM

I did not know.

Seriously, your counter argument is "I'm Signe and I'm not crazy" ?

That's...an interesting tack to take.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 09:33:03 AM

More dirt. The husband has done prison time outside of the country before he immigrated and immigration is currently trying to deport him.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 22, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

So they've both done time, what a match made in heaven.

I am the .00000001428%
Stokowski
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 08, 2013, 05:38:24 AM

Can't ... resist ... not ... posting ...

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 05:58:10 AM

why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 10:02:34 AM

I need an emoticon for laughing so hard I'm crying.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 10:54:46 PM

Just checking, but is Badger's Den some kind of Welsh euphemism for something naughty?  Because it totally could be.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Kitchen Nightmares  
Jump to: