Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:54:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles  (Read 115632 times)
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: April 29, 2009, 12:06:21 PM

Pretty sure they show it in HD on Hulu.  I don't see why they wouldn't have all the same content on both sites since Hulu is owned by Fox (and NBC).

I've linked to why DVR, Hulu and Netflix don't matter yet.  They're still far, far too small a market share to cater to, and they don't bring in ad-dollars which far, far eclipse - with a single two minute commercial block -  even being the #1 downloaded show on iTunes @ $2 a show.

Yes the ad density on Hulu is very low.  You might watch 5 commercials in an hour and it'll all be from the same company (usually some shitty PSA from the Ad Council).  Maybe product placement (TSCC brought to you by Dodge and Remington) could help and there's always the argument that DVR and Hulu numbers can translate to DVD sales.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:51 PM

I'm pretty sure it's dead.  Shirley Manson was on the Craig Ferguson show a couple of days ago, and she referred to herself a couple of times as an "unemployed actress".   0.0 DPS
schild
Administrator

Reply #457 on: April 29, 2009, 09:07:03 PM

I'm pretty sure it's dead.  Shirley Manson was on the Craig Ferguson show a couple of days ago, and she referred to herself a couple of times as an "unemployed actress".   0.0 DPS

Why were you watching the Craig Ferguson show?
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: April 29, 2009, 09:32:35 PM

Why were you watching the Craig Ferguson show?

I don't.  I do frequent Television Without Pity, however, and they were discussing it on the Terminator boards.  A quick dig on Youtube brought up the clip.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: May 17, 2009, 09:16:21 PM

Well, I finished the second season today and I sorta got a question.

How much will it cost me to get a third season?

Seriously though, a lot of the series is pretty meh and hamfisted. The whole three-dots-plotline was essentially pointless. But then again... the final six or seven episodes were fantastic. I want to give gold stars to:

a) The girl playing Savannah. She was really, really good.
b) The writers getting all the technical and geeky details sorta right. "Twenty!" It lent a lot of credability to those scenes.

Silver star to Thomas Dekker for having a couple bright acting moments toward the end. Especially that time when he's talking to Jesse.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #460 on: May 18, 2009, 03:36:45 AM

How much will it cost me to get a third season?

Alot.  Cancellation was confirmed yesterday.  Bummer, not that I watched it. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #461 on: May 18, 2009, 04:36:51 AM

fuck
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: May 18, 2009, 04:40:42 AM

Wat.

GOD DAMMIT.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: May 18, 2009, 06:06:46 AM

jayfyve
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: May 18, 2009, 06:16:46 AM

Just finished watching the whole thing yesterday. I'm disappointed it's getting canceled.

What's with the "multiple sources" in the UK IGN Cancellation article? Who are the sources? The TSCC twitter people (ashman01) are all saying we won't know until today. Maybe because its missing from the schedule?
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: May 18, 2009, 06:24:35 AM

Fuck IGN.   You gotta ask ausiello.  Durr.    DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/bubble-show-upd.html

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #466 on: May 18, 2009, 10:20:06 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #467 on: May 18, 2009, 10:27:22 AM

Wanda

Fucking

Sykes

Eat. My. Ass.

At least that unfunny yutz is on at 11.

“We make no apologies. We gave it a lot of support and some consistent scheduling. We tried,” Reilly said.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2009/05/18/fox-spares-dollhouse-axes-terminator/

Edit: So moving it to a different night and having it air with a fucking Whedon show is consistant? My. Ass.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:29:32 AM by schild »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #468 on: May 18, 2009, 11:24:52 AM

Not just moving it to a different night, but the WORST NIGHT ON TELEVISION FOR SCI-FI. How they renewed Dollhouse and didn't renew Terminator is unfathomable (other than Dollhouse being cheaper to make). They think the Dollhouse ratings were bad before? Wait until they see what the ratings are with two 30-minute comedy lead-ins.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: May 18, 2009, 11:53:45 AM

Dollhouse and didn't renew Terminator is unfathomable

Dollhouse has hot chicks, Terminator has plot. One of them, had to go.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #470 on: May 18, 2009, 11:54:59 AM

An ugly asian, a bad actress who belongs in Maxim wearing next to nothing, and the only Rubenesque sleeper-kung-fu action star ever does not equal 1 torn up face-ripped-apart Summer Glau.

Edit: Also, Dollhouse may be the only show on TV with more cyborgs than Terminator. And I'm not talking about the whole "minds erased" thing.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: May 18, 2009, 12:12:10 PM

An ugly asian, a bad actress who belongs in Maxim wearing next to nothing, and the only Rubenesque sleeper-kung-fu action star ever does not equal 1 torn up face-ripped-apart Summer Glau.

Edit: Also, Dollhouse may be the only show on TV with more cyborgs than Terminator. And I'm not talking about the whole "minds erased" thing.

/signed

I can feel my rage increasing.  Fucking fuck.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: May 19, 2009, 03:10:50 PM

He also joked about fearing the wrath of Whedon fans, some of the most passionate around.

“If I canceled it I’d probably have 110 e-mails this morning,” he said.

Was that suppose to be green?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: May 20, 2009, 06:04:30 AM

I don't understand how they figure ratings.  Do they include people with TiVo or other DVRs, or just people who watch shows when they are on?  I'm pretty sure that TiVo collects data on what is watched.  Seems like it would be a great source of information for the networks.  Ditto with watching over the net.  Do they count that?

I don't give a fuck when a show is on, I don't even know what night what is aired.  And I'm never, ever going back to scheduling my life around when something is aired.  It blows my mind that more people don't have TiVos - it's the single most life-changing, life-improving appliance since the pc.

Anyway, it seems to me that people who take advantage of technology and watch on TiVo or Hulu are more likely to watch particular shows (like Terminator) than people who watch them over the air. 

The way they count ratings is shit.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: May 20, 2009, 06:10:16 AM

I don't understand how they figure ratings.  Do they include people with TiVo or other DVRs, or just people who watch shows when they are on?  I'm pretty sure that TiVo collects data on what is watched.  Seems like it would be a great source of information for the networks.  Ditto with watching over the net.  Do they count that?

I don't give a fuck when a show is on, I don't even know what night what is aired.  And I'm never, ever going back to scheduling my life around when something is aired.  It blows my mind that more people don't have TiVos - it's the single most life-changing, life-improving appliance since the pc.

Anyway, it seems to me that people who take advantage of technology and watch on TiVo or Hulu are more likely to watch particular shows (like Terminator) than people who watch them over the air. 

The way they count ratings is shit.

In fairness to them, though...consider their main source of income.  Advertising.  What does everyone with TiVo/DVR do?  They zip right past the commercials.  They surely don't get those same advertising dollars from Fox.com or Hulu.  So from their point of view, what good does it do if they have millions of viewers but advertisers cannot capitalize on it?  Shows like this may just be too far ahead of their time.  Until they figure out how to get those other revenue streams working, they probably can't afford to care about viewers like us.

schild
Administrator

Reply #475 on: May 20, 2009, 06:20:43 AM

Advertising agencies will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes. That much is obvious. I'm surprised the entire industry hasn't been totally gutted already.

Also, I'd be SHOCKED if Terminator didn't make as much money as Dollhouse on DVD under the same circumstances.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #476 on: May 21, 2009, 09:10:12 AM

Advertising agencies will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes. That much is obvious. I'm surprised the entire industry hasn't been totally gutted already.

We (ad agencies) are gutting ourselves these days. Those who didn't realize 3 years ago that print was dying for 2/3rds of the demographics out there are either dead already, dying or are undergoing massive restructuring in the way they purchase media, bill clients and create campaigns. Why do you think Twitter and Facebook have gotten such traction lately? Or why Hulu and its ilk are becoming so big? Because ad agencies are just now realizing that if they don't skullfuck the hell out of those channels, there will be no money left for them to spend on 3-martini lunches with clients.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #477 on: May 21, 2009, 10:55:06 AM

Previous discussion in the King's thread, here.
 The article I reference is here.

Although Cyrrex does a nice summary of the why in his post the TV By the Numbers link goes into some ballpark number crunching.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #478 on: June 04, 2009, 07:17:54 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #479 on: June 04, 2009, 08:58:58 AM

That blog would make better TV than Dollhouse.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #480 on: June 04, 2009, 09:08:05 AM

That blog would make better TV than Dollhouse.

Hahaha.

He should get a part on Californication.
schild
Administrator

Reply #481 on: June 04, 2009, 09:14:05 AM

Can you imagine being a TV writer, having the terminator license and one of the best actors on TV (Cromartie, if you're wondering).

Comes time to find out if you're renewed - and, despite the IP, you're not. Then you find out that the other robot show on TV, Dollhouse, isn't being canceled. Sure, it's not a robot show REALLY, but it may as well be with those actors.

What options do you have? I'm surprised that post wasn't a suicide letter.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: June 04, 2009, 02:37:38 PM

Real life: Continuing to be totally not fucking right fair or just since oh..  a shitload BC?  Heartbreak
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #483 on: August 28, 2009, 11:59:26 AM

"Me am play gods"
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #484 on: August 29, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Seeing as it's been bumped ... This is repeating in Australia on a new free-to-air channel called "Go!", available only on digital tuners/set top boxes. On Wednesday, so many people watched Sarah Connor Chronicles that the digital-only audience outrated one of the traditional TV networks. It's at the jump into the future point, where the terminator has just rebuilt itself in a bath of blood.
schild
Administrator

Reply #485 on: August 29, 2009, 01:29:57 AM

Seeing as it's been bumped ... This is repeating in Australia on a new free-to-air channel called "Go!", available only on digital tuners/set top boxes. On Wednesday, so many people watched Sarah Connor Chronicles that the digital-only audience outrated one of the traditional TV networks. It's at the jump into the future point, where the terminator has just rebuilt itself in a bath of blood.
>_<
jayfyve
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: September 01, 2009, 02:45:44 PM

Direct to DVD continuation maybe? I doubt this will get off the ground, but I know the Family Guy, Futurama, SG-1 and Atlantis Direct to DVD's have been successful, so there is a precedent.

Exclusive: Thomas Dekker Says TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES may be back

Has there been any talk of continuing the story in a different form, a comic book perhaps?

They’ve spoken about doing a TV movie. Well, not a TV movie, but kind of like a direct-to-DVD movie [Think: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA's THE PLAN]. Obviously it’s difficult because the show is based on a movie and they just had one come out, so it’s kind of hard to make a movie with our show because everyone has kind of forgotten about us. But they’re hoping, at least when I spoke to [Producer] James Middleton that’s where they are with it.

-thetvaddict.com and Thomas Dekker
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #487 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:29 PM

That's way to vague to be worth anything.

Although, direct to dvd movies for IP with loyal follow seem to do pretty well.  The Futurama Movies and the the Star Gate Movies are the first examples I can think of.

"Me am play gods"
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: September 02, 2009, 06:53:52 AM

I don't want a damn movie.  That's just one thing, and poof, then it's gone again.  Someone needs to pick this up and start the series up again.  Fuckers.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: September 02, 2009, 07:03:00 AM

As this point Direct-to-DvD is the only way to maintain the IP while insuring the youtube, hulu audience actually pays for the production of the series and returns a profit. I think Terminator Salvation killed the desire for the Terminator IP as a summer block buster, but for the most part The Terminator Sarah Connor series is actually quite safe.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles  
Jump to: