Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:49:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Found some "End game" Gear shots for ya. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Found some "End game" Gear shots for ya.  (Read 9202 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: September 02, 2008, 08:31:57 AM

http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulfe/kyan/WAR/classes/

Figured some of you would be interested in what the "end game" gear looks like. At least, that's what is supposed to be in that link, no idea myself.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:36:53 AM

The Witchhunter made me miss Arcadian Del Sol.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:47:31 AM

Is it just me or is this game...uh...kinda ugly?

It seems to be cartoonish but lacking the style of WoW. Since I haven't played any opinions would be appreciated.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:00:04 AM

Apparently hats are the new shoulderpads.  GAH!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:21:40 AM

It seems to be cartoonish but lacking the style of WoW. Since I haven't played any opinions would be appreciated.

I mean, i assume that those are all player made shots. So YMMV in regards to graphics settings. From what i have seen WAR uses higher resolution textures than wow, buy a large margin.

But i have seen a lot of shots where the world building was quite barren, but i don't know if thats just user settings ETC..

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:28:48 AM

That guy who took the shots seems to have his graphics turned down a decent way.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 10:36:08 AM

There's two ways to take a screeshot too, one that does a regular little low rez image and one that's a 'super screenshot' that's higher rez.

Those screenshots look terrible for the most part.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:47:20 AM

You sure this isn't breaking the Elder Server NDA?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:05:17 AM

Those hats are made of win, I tell you.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 11:08:02 AM

I have no clue. It was publicly posted, and i'm not under any NDA with mythic, its also not mine.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:36:42 AM

I have no clue. It was publicly posted, and i'm not under any NDA with mythic, its also not mine.

Yeah but Trippy might spank you for posting NDA material.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 11:38:04 AM

Yeah but Trippy might spank you for posting NDA material.

Hes free to remove it. Like i said, i figured its not under NDA... I don't know.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:46:52 AM

I'm not even sure it's under NDA :P
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:00:41 PM

When I was wandering around Inevitable City in the preview weekend there were vendors with tier 4 gear for each class in one of the buildings.  So I don't think this stuff is under the NDA currently.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 12:08:06 PM

I'm not either, I was just say'in it could be.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:35 PM

I would not knowingly post things under anyone's NDA.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 12:57:21 PM

Hmm, got to agree with the "sorta ugly" comment, WAR has always looked very flat and dull to me. Screens did lack lighting for a long while, but even what I've seen since the NDA-drop has seemed... empty. I think it's something with the way the ground is (not) modelled and the way nothing has proper shadows, just shades of grey.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 01:28:53 PM

It probably is but I haven't visited the beta forums recently to figure out what is and is not allowed these days.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 01:51:42 PM

It probably is but I haven't visited the beta forums recently to figure out what is and is not allowed these days.

Taking a quick look at the pictures, they are all stuff that was available before the Elder NDA stuffs, so my guess is no.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 02:31:42 PM

Thanks for the link to those shots.  Very atmospheric gear.  On the whole everybody looks pretty cool.

Gotta say though, wish there was still a class with hat feathers.  Not even the WH's hat can stand up to hat feathers.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/images/careers/KOBS_09.jpg
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 05:45:11 PM

The "Super Screenshot" is funny... we were running a few for some guild pics, and you would randomly see avatars just disappear.  Apparantly even beefy machines can just freeze up when processing one of those things.  Hmm... I don't know if you could take those things in combat, but it would be interesting to see what happens to someone if they have you targetted and you snap a super SS.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 06:00:32 PM

Hmm, got to agree with the "sorta ugly" comment, WAR has always looked very flat and dull to me. Screens did lack lighting for a long while, but even what I've seen since the NDA-drop has seemed... empty. I think it's something with the way the ground is (not) modelled and the way nothing has proper shadows, just shades of grey.

It looks to me like they were trying to make everybody look like minis. If that's the case, in most cases they did a pretty damn good job.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 06:07:25 PM

Don't worry, most of those screenshots most definitely do not do WAR graphics justice at all. The graphics are really sharp, vibrant and rich in colors, screens for some reasons are working against this game.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 12:03:12 AM

This thread, pages 5-7, has some high res pictures of the game at or near max settings. Some of the areas and characters are a bit bland, but overall I think the game looks great.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 06:46:11 AM

A few of the textures they used are wonky old assets, I'd wager.  Tree stumps look bad, for instance.  Also, Anisotropic Filtering needs a setting within the game.  I can force it on with Nvidia's control panel, but it really should be accessible in the game.  Add vsync while they're at it. 

Otherwise, I think the game looks stellar.  Same people complaining about WAR's style are the same people who think EQ2's play-doh turd people are 'realistic'.  Just play the game. 
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 08:19:12 AM

I can see how the people used to the GWAR look from WoW might be a bit disappointed, aside from Balsac the Jaws of Death Black Orcs.   I don't think anyone really gives a damn what the EQ2/Vangaurd "realism" dinks think.

I think they did a good job of capturing the look of the miniatures, and artwork from the WHFB, and WHRPG books.  Kinda iffy about everyone looking the same, as I haven't seen much of the trophies, other than the one you get around level 3 or 4.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 08:25:05 AM

Otherwise, I think the game looks stellar.  Same people complaining about WAR's style are the same people who think EQ2's play-doh turd people are 'realistic'.  Just play the game. 

I think the screenshots look great, but I thought in game the animation was horrific.  Any individual still I see of the game is nice, but when it's all together and moving I just couldn't stand it.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 06:21:09 PM

I think the screenshots look great, but I thought in game the animation was horrific.  Any individual still I see of the game is nice, but when it's all together and moving I just couldn't stand it.

I suggest rolling up a Warrior Priest this weekend.  I saw pretty good improvements.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 06:30:02 PM

There's two ways to take a screeshot too, one that does a regular little low rez image and one that's a 'super screenshot' that's higher rez.

Those screenshots look terrible for the most part.

Has anyone seen much visual/style difference between lowres and super modes though?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Found some "End game" Gear shots for ya.  
Jump to: