Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: A Note about the Guild Beta. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Note about the Guild Beta.  (Read 8044 times)
schild
Administrator

on: August 25, 2008, 06:34:10 AM

So, a lot of people signed up. A lot of people didn't get in. A few people got in.

Here's what happened.

Mythic started and stopped the beta. A few times.

The beta was set up in a strange way.

All in all, we had - in total - about 60-80 people in the beta by the time I set up this forum.

It was a very small, tight knit crowd (no, not just some mythical inner circle). Just a lot of long-standing f13 members. We will probably do such a thing with future games. It just didn't turn out quite how I wanted given how the beta was structured. I can't really talk about it since I think the elder stuff is still under NDA. I just wanted to say, I apologize if I didn't get you in for the guild beta, things simply didn't work out as planned. Anyway, enough people had asked that I'd figured an update was deserved. I didn't forget about you and hopefully things will work out for the better next time.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:43:18 AM

You're such a sweetheart.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:10:12 AM

So how does one get into this inner circle that doesn't exist?  Do I need to send you grocery money?  Server donation?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:11:56 AM

Get your post count higher!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 07:15:41 AM

I'm working on it!  Stop one-upping me man!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:46:21 AM

There were some very wonky bits to this beta, starting with the Elder vs Non-Elder bullshit.

Barring future betas splitting their playerbase into separate classes of citizens,  I do have one question.  Is there a better way to gain access to beta forums outside of spamming schild?     
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:23 AM

Not really. Spamming me is the only option, either via PM or email, I'd rather email. That said, depends on the game. Some games I don't set up a forum for. And if there isn't one, I generally just delete the PM and don't respond. Why? Because I have sent and received more PMs than most of the top posters have posts.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:46:41 AM

You bastids!  Heartbreak

Actually, I can't even remember if I signed up (though I probably did). WAR just hasn't excited me much at all for some reason. I'll be back on a month after launch to see if people are still playing :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 03:07:53 PM

So how does one get into this inner circle that doesn't exist?  Do I need to send you grocery money?  Server donation?
Become a Contributor. Not a guarantee but it helps.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 03:09:55 PM

He lies!  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 03:31:40 PM

Heh, I was being snarky, but I'll probably do that anyway eventually.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 09:57:57 PM

He lies!  awesome, for real

You mean I turned blue for nothing??? I was expecting at least a copy of Schild's book, "Secret Stuff I Know About The Gaming Industry".  awesome, for real

Thus far, the only guild beat beta I've signed up to with f13 is for Jumpgate: Evolution. Ohhhhh, I see.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:20 AM

So what's the deal with the beta now after preview weekend? Are the closed beta people able to play still or is it over until open beta?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:00 AM

Servers are down until open beta.  I'm guessing those elder ones are still up.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 11:15:33 PM

The elder stuff is still under NDA?

Well, that answers everything for fence sitters.

"If you know anything about the game beyond playing for a week, you can't say a word!"
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 04:01:09 AM

Who is in the elder beta? Not specifically, but as in, is it people from the closed beta, people from specific parts of closed beta, or what?
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 05:16:29 AM

The elder stuff is still under NDA?

Well, that answers everything for fence sitters.

"If you know anything about the game beyond playing for a week, you can't say a word!"

I'm sure it's all fine.  Besides whatever isn't fine will be patched in the next 3 weeks to make it fine.  You're just a silly naysayer.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 10:07:20 AM

Who is in the elder beta? Not specifically, but as in, is it people from the closed beta, people from specific parts of closed beta, or what?

I believe it is anyone from Guild Beta and before.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:11 AM

Okay so I'm in the elder beta then.

In an entirely unrelated note, can I get a PM convo going with an elder beta player willing to talk me through something?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 11:45:01 PM

If you go to your beta center account it tells you which "categories" you belong to, with Elder being one of possible ones.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 01:22:36 AM

I got the problem sorted out with help from Morfiend. I missed an important notice on the beta forums because I didn't make a forum account before they closed making new forum accounts because they had stopped inviting and every non-chucklehead had already made a forum account. Entirely my fault. embarassed
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: A Note about the Guild Beta.  
Jump to: