Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Server for Preview Weekend: Isle of the Dead. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server for Preview Weekend: Isle of the Dead.  (Read 20883 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 06:51:08 AM

Fair point.  I notice a big lack of melee on order side in the scenarios. I'm rerolling Merusk as an Ironbreaker.. never played one and I don't wind-up wearing a dress.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

There's an amazing lack of tanks on order side. Also, support. Shadow Warrior, one of the reasons I'm playing it at live, gets great high level support stuff somewhere between mid and endgame. And as one of the few ranged fighters with fantastic roots and slows (even a few good dots), it's a necessary class in a number of RvR areas (and scenarios). Unfortunately, both classes are hideously underplayed. Whereas Destro has ranged and melee all over your face nonstop. /growl. Rant off. Point being, Ironbreaker is apparently great if you're oathbound to someone that doesn't suck nuts, like a priest, another tank, or someone that can do high concentrations of damage to make it seem like their DPS is higher.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 07:28:53 AM

Well, TBH the destro tanks are awesome.  Black Ork is fun and the Chosen looks and feels like a badass, not to mention both have a 2H option that does all kinds of sick damage.  So far the Ironbreaker is a "meh" at best and I'm missing the Destro tanks.

And I don't know what happened between last night and today, but Order is getting its ass whupped in the scenarios.  There's one very organized destro group at the r10 Gates scenario that has kicked my ass 500/~50 for the last 8 I've run.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:02:40 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 11:34:25 AM

Who is online right now? I want to try to see if I can form the guild.

Send a tell to Non if you're on.

I'm on my BW, Lockdown.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:34:54 PM by Nonentity »

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 12:55:45 PM

Need one more!

Even if you have no interest in playing, just hop in and fly to Altdorf to help out. Why? Because then you would be AWESOME.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 02:07:15 PM

Bat Country is up.

Until they wipe everything at the end of the day, of course.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 05:20:56 PM

My runepriest is the most beautiful lady.

http://www.thenonentity.com/non-runepriest.jpg

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 07:25:01 AM

Where'd you get the nice hammer?
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: August 25, 2008, 07:31:12 AM

That's the tier 2 renown hammer.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 07:38:28 AM

I also had a tier 2 staff from a public quest that is more of a traditional staff, but the head of it is a dwarf head with big helmet horns.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 08:33:55 AM

Are there unicorn helmets? 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 02:26:29 PM

So how'd the weekend go?
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 03:25:27 PM

I had fun.  Learned to play Ironbreaker.  Found out my dislike for Bright Wizards was well deserved.  Wish we had formed Bat Country earlier to unlock some stuff.

"Me am play gods"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #47 on: August 25, 2008, 04:14:21 PM

I also had fun, and I <3 <3 <3 lady dwarves in general and lady dwarf ironbreakers in particular. I'm almost certainly going to play one of those as my main in release, although it depends on if Ingmar can make enough puppy dog eyes at me to get me to play a warrior priest with his witch hunter instead.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 25, 2008, 04:33:44 PM

I also had fun, and I <3 <3 <3 lady dwarves in general and lady dwarf ironbreakers in particular. I'm almost certainly going to play one of those as my main in release, although it depends on if Ingmar can make enough puppy dog eyes at me to get me to play a warrior priest with his witch hunter instead.

History supports this as the likely outcome.  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #49 on: August 25, 2008, 05:04:17 PM

I know, and it totally hurts my feminist street cred. :(

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #50 on: August 25, 2008, 05:40:57 PM

History supports this as the likely outcome.  Ohhhhh, I see.

For the record, she chose that paladin on her own back at WoW release. I only kicked in the whining for expansion leveling!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #51 on: August 25, 2008, 05:59:28 PM

It's true, I have no one to blame but myself for the paladin main in WoW, at least at first. And now it's like I have a sickness. "Surely THIS time it'll be fun and I will love it!"

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 25, 2008, 09:12:58 PM

OK.  So what about the QUEUES?  Are there QUEUES?  Are they BIG?    ACK!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #53 on: August 25, 2008, 09:17:28 PM

I think Barak Whatever, the most populated server, had some pop queues. Isle of the Dead never did so I dunno how bad they were.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #54 on: August 25, 2008, 09:22:21 PM

Server queues or Scenerio Queue?

"Me am play gods"
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 25, 2008, 10:24:37 PM

Server queues or Scenerio Queue?

I dunno what's the difference?   Waiting sux period.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: August 25, 2008, 10:25:53 PM

Never saw a server queue. Scenarios aren't really queued per se, so much as you're just waiting for another people to join into a scenario for one to start up.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:45 AM

It can take a while to get into a scenario.  I was in a server queue a few times but I think it was a bug, they do exist though.  At one point I heard about this crazy idea that to make the factions equal the population would be capped and queued so that the imbalance wouldn't be too bad, I'm sure that crackpipe idea either never happened or was just a wild rumour.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 09:07:51 AM

During the first night of CE beta I was in a 15 minute server queue, never saw it again.

During the end of CE beta the scenario queues were hours long (like I was in queue for a scenario for 4 hours).

During the preview weekend on destruction side the average wait I had for a scenario was 30 to 40 minutes.

Basically your scenario queue is going to depend on how populated your side is and how many people are playing in the tier you currently are.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:14 AM

Were you in queue for a tier 1 or tier 2 scenario? Also, people stopped playing as much sunday night.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Server for Preview Weekend: Isle of the Dead.  
Jump to: