Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mature Content? G to R, what is it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mature Content? G to R, what is it?  (Read 5541 times)
Dren
Terracotta Army

on: August 21, 2008, 05:22:42 AM

How mature is the content?  My scale would start at WoW being pretty much G and from the screenshots of AoC I'd rank R (not that I think it should be rated R, just giving a comparison.)

My hope is that it is on the G side of the range so I don't have to be concerned about young eyes watching me play (happens a lot.)
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:26:42 AM

its closer to G then R, there isn't the gratuitous blood or tits of AoC but there are some pretty mature themes that are to be expected with Warhammer's IP.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:43:36 AM

I never saw anything levels 1-15 Greenskin that made me thing anything was wrong, other than the whole war aspect.  It is a massively violent game (war is everywherelol) and the elves are scantily clad.  I think overall it should walk out with a Teen rating. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:48:31 AM

It should be rated T, or PG-13. Not because of content, that would be a G/PG. Rather, T because a 7 year old isn't going to play this very well.

Hawkbit, if by massively violent you mean, wall to wall cartoon violence. It would still most likely get a G for that. It feels less violent than one of the more competitive episodes of Tom & Jerry.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 06:01:44 AM

I'm not so worried about the lore or stories being mature content.  My kids won't be getting into that portion of the game.

I'm talking more from the what is visual on the screen.  They'll just plop down beside me sometimes and watch for 5 minutes every once in awhile. 

Fatality moves and bare breasted women are a bit much for that.  I really don't want to have to go find a secluded spot in the house just to play.

Scantily clad isn't a big deal since they get plenty of that in Soul Caliber II.  My daughter calls Ivy, "The yucky girl with her dress up her butt."  The boys are at an age where kissing on TV still makes them run out of the room in horror.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 06:03:34 AM

Ok, then, here's this:

It is not remotely real. I can't imagine anything bad in this game. Your sons will think it's cool, the girl might find a few (very few) parts pretty. But no one is going to have a deep enough thought to realize that the aim of each side is total genocide.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 09:32:20 AM

So far I haven't seen anything that would bother a younger kid who had seen WoW, except *maybe* some of the visual look of Chaos. Even the Dark Elves and Greenskins aren't particularly ominous or scary in their starting quest areas. Chaos does have a grim, slightly ugly feel to it that might unnerve a kid a bit--it's not as cartoony as the Forsaken in WoW. But there's none of the adolescent titty sexualization of Conan or the decapitations, etc.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 10:12:40 AM

as Schild mentioned there is the genocide aspect, but hey thats pvp for you.

There also some fairly graphic quests that involve things like mounting heads on poles.  You can tell that it is a decapitated head, and that its on a pole, but its not raining blood or anything.

hmm in some towns the gallows have swinging bodies strung up.

I would say it is PG.  Never played AoC, but compared to all the other mmos i have played this is definitely the most grim and dark feeling.  That said if i had kids i wouldn't have any issues with them playing it.... long as their homework is done.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 10:12:46 AM

Some of the Greenskin themes are a bit on the rough side - sending dwarf prisoners to fight in the animal pens for sport isn't exactly Disney-fare.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 10:28:48 AM

Some of the Greenskin themes are a bit on the rough side - sending dwarf prisoners to fight in the animal pens for sport isn't exactly Disney-fare.

Yea, but it's not exactly adult either.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 10:46:48 AM

I guess it just shows how jaded I have become in my old age... that I chuckled when I did the PQ where the dwarfs were getting cooked in the big Greenskin pot.  But I agree that visually this game will not be much worse than WoW, especially if you play order (dwarves is most of my experience).
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:59 AM

Thanks all.  It sounds like I don't have to worry about that aspect of the game at least.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 10:46:39 PM

I think Bazooko's Circus might be rated M.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 10:48:34 PM

Or MF awesome, for real
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mature Content? G to R, what is it?  
Jump to: