Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Which side would  you prefer Bat Country to be on?
Order. - 29 (38.2%)
Destruction. - 31 (40.8%)
I have no interest in joining Bat Country. - 16 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 76

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction?  (Read 41908 times)
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: August 22, 2008, 04:55:50 AM

Yeah sign me up for a runepriest or zealot as well (preferably runepriest).  I had a terriic time on mine...
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 22, 2008, 07:00:53 AM

I don't care which side I play.  both sides have a decent melee/healer option.  which, if i'm going to be a healer, is what i want.  Fuck healing in tissue paper.  Wow taught me to hate that when it comes to pvp.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #72 on: August 22, 2008, 09:44:13 AM

I'm here to wave around the Order flag some more.

Who has questions about Order? I will answer them.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 22, 2008, 10:36:31 AM

I've heard there is a serious, serious lack of tanks on order side (I've just played destro in beta).  And it seems like half the BGs I am in are 50% BW, 30% WP, and the rest are mostly witch hunters.  Is Ironbreaker really that bad?   

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 22, 2008, 10:40:34 AM

I've heard there is a serious, serious lack of tanks on order side (I've just played destro in beta).  And it seems like half the BGs I am in are 50% BW, 30% WP, and the rest are mostly witch hunters.  Is Ironbreaker really that bad?   

I think part of it is they look like a barrell with legs.  The destruction side tanks meanwhile look badass.

Their "oath-friend" mechanic is also rather meh, and requires an annoyingly high amount of micromanagement to be really useful.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #75 on: August 22, 2008, 10:44:40 AM

Don't forget the High Elf tank, with the pain-in-the-ass 'Sword Dance' stuff. Whatever instant effect you need in pvp is guaranteed to not be available in the stance you're in currently. And at least up to level 24 (when I tried something else) you're wearing a dress.

Neat idea, stupid execution.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 22, 2008, 10:55:16 AM

The High Elf 'balance' stuff is the EXACT same mechanic as the Black Orc 'plans'.

Ironbreakers are the counterpart to the Chosen - Ironbreakers are tanks with defensive support, Chosen are tanks with offensive support.

I honestly don't think a lack of tanks will be an issue on Order.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #77 on: August 22, 2008, 11:07:30 AM

Oh yeah, and the fact that in every poll and server population so far has had at best 60:40 Destruction:Order population imbalance. Do you really want to play in the "OMG EVIL!!! SPIKES AND SKULLZ WE ARE EVIL!!! LOLZ DEATHZOR!!!" zerg? Thats my main motivation for going Order.

This won't stop me from rolling Order (I go where dwarves are, period) but these polls don't matter much. It was the same thing with WoW - website polls were all ORCS UNDEAD RAWR CRUSH and then the game released and everyone made night elf hunters. Order will have generally more people for the same reason the Alb zerg was huge in DAOC and the same reason Alliance has more people in WoW. Heck in a sense its why PotBS was overrun with British Navy and Pirates. People are attracted to the 'hero of the story' types more than they are anything else.

But most PVP servers are horde-heavy or balanced. It's the PVEers that roll alliance much more often, and I doubt WAR is going to have a whole lot of PVE only players.

That doesn't explain the Albion problem (or the British Navy problem.) *Every* server in DAOC was a PVP server, and everyone still flocked to the paladins. You may very well see an imbalance in favor of Destruction on open servers, much like you get more Horde on PVP servers, but I'm still betting on Order for core. I'm also betting few people by comparison are attracted to the open ruleset, since it kinda sucks.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
gehrig38
Developers

Green Monster Games

Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 11:09:59 AM

Was hoping you guys were going order, destruction seems to be getting the liions share...
Pun intended btw as I can't get past the white lion stuff and think that's going to be the class I start off with.
BTW the cinematic was just incredible.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #79 on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:32 AM

Pun intended btw as I can't get past the white lion stuff and think that's going to be the class I start off with.

Don't be that guy!  And yes, that cinematic was very good. Seemed to be a little order slanted.

I tried a runepriest today. Almost nice to see a class without some sort of wonky mechanic attached to it.  Pretty much your standard healer, but instacast dot + direct heals are great to have in PVP.  It's amusing pving with a giant fucking "kill me" sign on your back, but at least as a healer you're productive at any level in the scenarios.   Heh, I like playing DPS classes, but for whatever reason I end up being drawn to healers in pvp just because I see the need.  Tank is less likely because I hate tanking (well mostly pulling) in PVE.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:18:06 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 22, 2008, 11:23:17 AM

Was hoping you guys were going order, destruction seems to be getting the liions share...

I hope you aren't planning on using your actual lion.  Pathing is, to put it mildly, not ideal for either WL or SHs. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #81 on: August 22, 2008, 11:45:57 AM

I hope you aren't planning on using your actual lion.  Pathing is, to put it mildly, not ideal for either WL or SHs. 

Wait.. there's Pathing in the game?  awesome, for real (I played a WL in beta a few times. They're interesting at high level.)

The lack of tanks is probably because BWs are still horribly imbalanced and broken.  I expect them to remain this way for a long time, as they were throughout beta despite many "hey, wtf" posts.  I understand WPs are popular because they hold their own solo very well.  I wouldn't know as my one tussle with the melee-helaer was DoK and it sucked being the healer who has to run into not only caster but melee range to have points you can heal with.  Hardcore sucked.  I've avoided both the classes since then.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:33 AM

I think if people posted metrics of servers, the server names and which uberguilds are playing where, the poll here would be much different. I'm more of a fan of picking something as a reaction to everyone else playing. Frankly though, Neither order nor destro is good in WH, as in, they're both evil as fuck compared to "good" in any other game. So I don't care.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #83 on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:18 PM

Plus, dwarves are even more gay than elves.

That is madness speaking.

God Save the Horn Players
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 22, 2008, 12:05:49 PM

Cinematic looked good but all the actors in that movie had one script:  enter field of view (with a flourish or with humour), perform one ability, then die in some gruesome way.  TTL = 20 seconds.  The whole movie seemed to illustrate a pointlessness to PVP that goes against the MMO theme of creating a character, building it up, and accomplishing something with it.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 22, 2008, 12:10:38 PM

What, you didn't notice that the Bright Wizard respawned?   awesome, for real  Seems accurate to me. 

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 22, 2008, 12:11:20 PM

Cinematic looked good but all the actors in that movie had one script:  enter field of view (with a flourish or with humour), perform one ability, then die in some gruesome way.  TTL = 20 seconds.  The whole movie seemed to illustrate a pointlessness to PVP that goes against the MMO theme of creating a character, building it up, and accomplishing something with it.

This is GW's world. For the most part, people show up, and promptly get murdered by some unspeakable evil.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 22, 2008, 12:55:20 PM

Keep on keepin' on for Order, says I.

4 votes to go!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: August 22, 2008, 12:56:59 PM

Just have one guild on each side, and grind each other.

Bat. And. Country.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #89 on: August 22, 2008, 01:01:18 PM

I revoted. The order people seem more PASSIONATE.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: August 22, 2008, 01:01:56 PM

I revoted. The order people seem more PASSIONATE.

It's the Latin heritage.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: August 22, 2008, 01:11:12 PM

I think you all should roll Order so I can battle Bat Country for the 2 weeks that's in existance.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #92 on: August 22, 2008, 01:11:49 PM

Just have one guild on each side, and grind each other.

Bat. And. Country.
We have a hard enough time keep our numbers up with just one guild.  Splitting us up over two is just hurting our selves more.

"Me am play gods"
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #93 on: August 22, 2008, 02:24:44 PM

We should go Destro because:
a) Order is going to be the zerg realm
z) tiger-fucking elves are wrong regardless of the propaganda.
&) BW, WL, WH are going to attract the most obnoxious players.
b) The Raven God is a glorious Being generously bringing Change to the undeserving world.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #94 on: August 22, 2008, 02:30:11 PM

I think it depends on the server.

b) The Raven God is a glorious Being generously bringing Change to the undeserving world.
This is reasoning I can agree with.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: August 22, 2008, 02:49:59 PM

One thing to note is that the mechanics between the two sides share similarities.

There's no crazy unique mechanic that one side has that the other does not.

The Rune Priest and Zealot are the same.

The Warrior Priest and the Disciple are the same.

The Black Orc and the Swordmaster are the same.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: August 22, 2008, 02:52:21 PM

Not in beta, it's not. WoW has made the bad guys cool in a lot of people's eyes.

Eh.

And Marauder, Witch Elf, and Sorceress won't?

Burn, heretic.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #97 on: August 22, 2008, 03:06:51 PM

I predicted that White Lion would be the most populated class. So far in all of beta it is the class I have seen the least of. Marauder is probably leading my personal most played class list.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #98 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:06 PM

See, to me, skanky dark elves are far more obnoxious by merely existing than any goofy white lion-ish class.

I also almost hope Order IS the zerg realm. On my Dark Age server (Igraine), Midgard never really got a zerg going. I LONG TO JOIN ONE.

God Save the Horn Players
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:20 PM

No preference here.  I'm going to be Priest/Disciple depending on which side we are on.

I'm on my 4th try downloading the preview weekend.  sigh...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #100 on: August 22, 2008, 04:39:14 PM

The devil is in the details here.  I don't know specifics on the WH vs the WE, but on Sorc vs BW, the BW had a LOT more instant attacks, letting them spam keys much quicker to do more damage in a shorter time.  They also had more synergies than the Sorc.   The sorc's big spell, that aoe field, was also nerfed to hell and back at the same time.  Granted, this was a few builds ago before I got bored of the game, but if BWs are still so wildly popular, I don't imagine they got a big working-over.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: August 22, 2008, 04:52:19 PM

The devil is in the details here.  I don't know specifics on the WH vs the WE, but on Sorc vs BW, the BW had a LOT more instant attacks, letting them spam keys much quicker to do more damage in a shorter time.  They also had more synergies than the Sorc.   The sorc's big spell, that aoe field, was also nerfed to hell and back at the same time.  Granted, this was a few builds ago before I got bored of the game, but if BWs are still so wildly popular, I don't imagine they got a big working-over.

http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?browse=6.1.11 - Bright Wizard instant cast offensive abilities = 9
http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?browse=6.1.24 - Sorcerer instant cast offensive abilities = 9

Hm.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: August 22, 2008, 05:01:49 PM

I throw in my vote for Order. I'm thinking, like others here, that order will have a lower concentration of fuckwits.

On that same note, would it be possible for the guild to be on one of the RP servers? I've found playing on those tends to(slightly) decrease said fuckwits. Or at least make GM's change their names.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: August 22, 2008, 05:03:10 PM

I throw in my vote for Order. I'm thinking, like others here, that order will have a lower concentration of fuckwits.

Thank you.

On that same note, would it be possible for the guild to be on one of the RP servers? I've found playing on those tends to(slightly) decrease said fuckwits. Or at least make GM's change their names.

However, get out.

schild
Administrator

Reply #104 on: August 22, 2008, 05:08:25 PM

I like Order. Fuck Chaos. Those guys parade around like assholes.

But I don't like white lions. Too many.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction?  
Jump to: