Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2008 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 College Football  (Read 99998 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: December 07, 2008, 12:01:37 PM

Even worse to be there and watch it...

Nearly had the score picked, it just needed to be reversed!  awesome, for real  Heartbreak

Gah.  Call me a homer, but Bama gave that game away.  Boneheaded decision to call a fake FG in the 2nd (which resulted in a UF score).  Boneheaded decision to come out throwing it in the first series of the 4th after force UF 3 down and out and after running a 15 play 90+ yard drive that took up 7 minutes or so and scored.  Then Bama did something twice in the game they haven't done all year:  untimely penalties by the defense.  Horsecollar by Johnson after a stop on 3rd down which would have resulted in a UF punt (after what SHOULD have been 3 down and out), and a facemask penalty on Hightower on 3rd, AGAIN after what would have been ANOTHER 3 down and out by UF.  BOTH of those UF drives resulted in points when they should have been stopped after a 3 down and out.

Gave it away....

It's one thing to play well and get beat, but to play well and give the game away is another thing alltogether.

However, their receivers made some unbelievable catches when they had to, which Tebow is going to get all the credit for.

I don't know...If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, I'd be booking tickets to Miami for Christmas right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:52:55 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: December 18, 2008, 09:30:15 PM

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: December 19, 2008, 12:25:44 PM

Orange Bowl tickets are going for $1 on Stubhub.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/33541?eref=fromSI

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #248 on: December 20, 2008, 07:18:20 PM

Watching the UofA/BYU game.  The refs are fucking us (Arizona).  This is terrible. How many turnovers are they going to reverse on replay?

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #249 on: December 20, 2008, 07:20:53 PM

Horribly officiated game, but that was a nice wide-open TD just now.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #250 on: December 20, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Yes.  It was.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: December 20, 2008, 07:41:44 PM

I should be rooting for the Y as a representative of the Mountain West Conference but I just hate them way too much.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: December 20, 2008, 07:48:05 PM

Nice 13 yard punt.

EDIT: GREAT interception.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:54:26 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #253 on: December 20, 2008, 08:17:44 PM

That was nifty.  awesome, for real  I hate Arizona, we're trying to choke this away.

Edit: HAHAHAHA. DOINK.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 08:24:31 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: December 20, 2008, 08:24:16 PM

DOINK!

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #255 on: December 21, 2008, 08:02:47 AM

I'm glad Arizona won. I'm so sick of the refs absolutely screwing things up even on replay. The call on the field is a fumble, then you have to have convincing evidence to change it. In no way, shape, or form was watching the play where the BYU ran into the back of his own guy and dropped the ball convincing. It was a 50/50 call, and you ALWAYS defer to the field call when that happens. Horrid.

The DOINK was awesome.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: December 29, 2008, 01:45:37 PM

Not that anyone besides me and Sigil cares, but GODDAMNIT.

If you don't feel like putting up with ESPN, the tl;dr version:

All American left tackle Andre Smith is suspended from the Sugar Bowl due to improper contact with a sports agent.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: December 29, 2008, 02:44:24 PM

All American left tackle Andre Smith is suspended from the Sugar Bowl due to improper contact with a sports agent.

Said agent had best not step foot in Alabama ever again if the Tide lose.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: December 29, 2008, 04:14:28 PM

I care.  YIPPEE!!!

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: December 29, 2008, 06:48:15 PM

I forgot you were a Ute fan.  Whoever is/was supposed to be lining up opposite Smith just had his prayers answered.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: December 29, 2008, 08:50:48 PM

That would be our stud DE Paul Kruger who is being talked about as a possible draft pick this year even though he is still a Sophomore.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: December 30, 2008, 06:18:17 AM

Great.

swamp poop
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: December 30, 2008, 04:58:38 PM

I don't think you have much to worry about. I still think Bama wins by 14.

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: December 31, 2008, 07:13:47 AM

I don't know anything about Utah, to be honest.  What I do worry about is Alabama playing down to their competition, the distractions, etc.   Not that Utah is bad, in that you don't run the table without being pretty good.  It's not like they're playing high school teams or a bunch of Div II schools.

I think it's going to be closer than 14.  Wouldn't surprise me to see it around 3 or 4.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: December 31, 2008, 08:03:43 AM

There's a few other Tide fans here. Besides I'm a weird hybrid. My sports highlight of the weekend was watching Clint Dempsey score  two goals against fucking Chelsea.

I am not surprised by this. I'm also thinking that Saban won't last too long at Tuscaloosa The rot and corruption will be too great. Too many egos
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: December 31, 2008, 06:18:51 PM

You'd be surprised how the egos involved with the program have been squashed a bit.  In conversation with a couple of the local Mobile 'power players' with 'Bama I know and trust, and you'd be quite surprised how much things have cleaned up.  Or they're just getting better at hiding it. 

Anyhoot, Vandy wins!  LSU is throttling GT!  Go SEC!
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: December 31, 2008, 09:13:22 PM

Oh, Since I'm no longer working with them,  My  contacts were ESPN Ivan's Brother and Preston's Dad. Got so much inside info from them. Skybox seats with Dreamland and the full catering too. That part of the job will be missed. :)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: December 31, 2008, 09:46:44 PM

Nice.  Dreamland BBQ is definately win. [edit] I managed to finagle an invite from the Coopers a couple years ago.  It's nice, but not quite the same as being in the regular seats.

BTW, if you're interested in GMAC tickets, let me know.  I'll probably have a few left over that I can drop at the will calll if you want.  I don't think I'm going to make it this year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:03:18 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: January 01, 2009, 05:35:23 PM

Dear Big 10,

You suck.

Signed,
Everyone.

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: January 01, 2009, 11:29:44 PM

Iowa had the Ol' Ball Coach in a pretty good fit.

So far, good showing by the SEC with:
Unranked Vandy over no. 24 Boston College 16 to 14
Unranked LSU (who seem to have found a QB) over no. 14 Ga Tech in a 38-14 whipping
No. 15 UGA beat no. 18 Mich State 24 to 12.

Iowa has already beat South Carolina...

Figure Bama beats Utah...
UK should beat ECU...
The Ole Miss / Texas Tech should be interesting.  Didn't TT's QB undergo hand surgery not too long ago with something like 9 pins put into his hand?  Anyway, either way, The Right Reverend Houston Nutt has his team believing.  Look for Ole Miss to beat them, and beat them pretty solidly.  I have always thought that TRR Nutt is one of the most underrated coaches out there.  Fantastic motivator, great gameplanner.  The media will call it a shocker.  For Nutt, it's just another day at the office.  He's made a career of beating teams they say he shouldn't.

I don't think UF beats OU.  I'm still not that impressed with Florida.  Maybe it's the Bama homer in me, but having watched that game a couple more times (nearly overdosing on Alka Seltzer in the process), I still think Bama handed them that game on a silver platter.

So, 6-2 for the SEC in bowl games this year?  Am I missing anything?

The USC / Penn State game went about like I thought it would.  Though the slobbing of USC's knob by the media is waaay past tiresome.  Can't remember the announcer that was paired up with Herbstreet today, but zomg, I kept waiting on him to go down to the field and fellate the entire team.

Paelos, what's the status on Matt Stafford?  Is he going pro or staying for his senior year? 

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #270 on: January 02, 2009, 09:24:03 AM

Paelos, what's the status on Matt Stafford?  Is he going pro or staying for his senior year? 

Pretty much every Dawg fan is preparing to get behind Joe Cox for the next year. It's widely considered that Stafford would be unlikely to pass up a top 5 pro draft pick signing bonus in the $10M+ range. Moreno hasn't had a big enough season to go extremely high, but he'll probably head out as well due to the "young poor black kid" syndrome of having millions tossed at him. IMO, he should hang around to possibly win a Heisman award with all the offensive line back next year thus gaining a higher draft pick and more big money, but the prospects are dim.

Also, Big 10, you should be ashamed of the kind of season you've had. You are all now officially worse than the SEC, Pac-10, Big 12, ACC, Big East, Conference USA, and Mountain West. Hell, if Troy hadn't fallen apart in OT, the Sun Belt would have come out better off. If Ohio State falls hard to Texas, prepare for everyone in the nation to toss you under the bus, if they haven't already.

PS - Iowa, you are the only team I respect in the Big 10. You played the "best team" in the conference when they were undefeated and you showed them the door. You went up against the Old Ball Coach and handed him the 3rd worst bowl loss in his history. Kudos to yall, you are the bright point the Big 10 should rally around for playing with heart.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: January 02, 2009, 10:08:55 AM

Isn't Moreno a sophomore?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #272 on: January 02, 2009, 12:24:37 PM

Isn't Moreno a sophomore?

Yes, but so is Bradford.

EDIT: BWHAHAHAHAHA Texas Tech lost to Ole Miss. Kentucky looks like shit.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:00:59 PM by Paelos »

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: January 02, 2009, 05:38:22 PM

Juuuuust about ready to go kick the neighbors dog.....

'Bama, feel free to show up any time now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #274 on: January 02, 2009, 05:54:51 PM

21-0 in the first 11 minutes...

I've seen this before, when Alabama did it to UGA.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: January 02, 2009, 05:55:44 PM

Heh. Pretty good start to the game.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: January 02, 2009, 06:10:51 PM

Utah is playing lights out.  Bama looks like they expected to just show up and win.  Our DBs are just getting owned.  And the Bama offensive line can't match the speed of Utah's DL.  Losing Smith shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but losing Johnson (the guy who shifted over to take his spot) to injury is just adding insult to it.

Oh hey.  A FG.  POINTS!

[edit]Fuck it.  Going to go finish painting doors and trim.   ACK!  swamp poop  awesome, for real  swamp poop
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:24:31 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: January 02, 2009, 06:24:48 PM

That smug son of a bitch Barry Switzer was laughing at the Utes in the pre-game. I'd like to take a football and shove it up his ass sideways. Even if they fall on their face the rest of the game and lose, this first half has shown that they are a legit team.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: January 02, 2009, 06:38:03 PM

That was unfortunate, especially the non-call on the block in the back on our gunner.

EDIT: Nice one officials jobbing us on the 4th and 1 play too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:40:56 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: January 02, 2009, 06:58:02 PM

awesome, for real I fully expect   Dubose  to light a fire under Kitchens.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2008 College Football  
Jump to: