Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:38:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Ron Artest traded to the Rockets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Artest traded to the Rockets  (Read 4277 times)
Arnold
Terracotta Army

on: July 30, 2008, 01:19:39 AM

I'm kind of torn on this one.  Artest was the best player on the Kings, but  his time was at an end.  He was one of my favorites during his tenure.  The Kings management let Artest know that he was not in their long term plans, when he (I don't know why, as they are rebuilding) was expecting a long term extension.

I knew they were shopping him, but I didn't expect something this soon.  I don't know anything about Donte Green, but a 2008 first rounder, plus an expiring (and Sac fan favorite - Bobby Jackson), and a future first round pick is better than letting him walk for nothing.  I just thought the Kings would wait for the trade deadline and get something better from a desperate team about to enter the playoff race.  I doubt Ron would have cause any problems.  He would probably be playing REALLY hard because of it being a contract year.

Good luck to the Rockets.  Ron really liked playing under Rick Adelman when the two were with the Kings.  Having both Artest and Battier is going to give the wings on opposing teams a lot of trouble.

BTW, to you fantasy basketball guys, think about grabbing Jon Salmons.  He put up big numbers when Ron was out from suspension/injury, and he's going to put up really big numbers now that Ron is gone for good.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:22:25 AM by Arnold »
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:18:39 AM

The NBA is dead to me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:27:52 AM

It's the best he's played since 04-05.  I think this is a smart move to deal him while he still has decent value.  I'm sure he also wants to play for someone that has a shot at a ring, but that may not be in the cards. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:18:40 AM

Gonna be a killer team. Even if Artest is an ass.

The NBA is dead to me.

Well, this is a Ron Artest thread, I guess.

Otherwise, I'd say to go eat a dick.  smiley
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:23 PM

Artest will go all thug life and get suspended for a least 10 games at some point. He's a fool.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 10:58:19 PM

Houston will either rape the west and end up #1, or totally self-destruct and not make the playoffs (or get 8th seed and go out 4-1 in the first round, whatever)

It's the ron artest dice game.   gotta love the southern teams all gambling it up.
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 02:04:00 AM

Houston will either rape the west and end up #1, or totally self-destruct and not make the playoffs (or get 8th seed and go out 4-1 in the first round, whatever)

It's the ron artest dice game.   gotta love the southern teams all gambling it up.

It was a sad day when I learned that the first round pick the Kings got was protected.  It's not a longshot that Yao and McGrady could end up injured and Artest could go nuts again, giving the Kings a VERY good pick.

However, Artest is not going to go crazy under Adelman, whom he really liked playing under before.  And he's especially not going to go crazy if Yao and McGrady get because then he's THE MAN on the team and in a contract year.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Ron Artest traded to the Rockets  
Jump to: