Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Yahtzee. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yahtzee.  (Read 19658 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 10:12:55 PM

What's the problem?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 12:39:14 AM

Pfft, those guys are still around?  Are they still trying to claim "pwn" is pronounced the same as "own" these days?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 12:51:37 AM

You know, I don't normally say this about anything. But you don't 'get it.'

Anyway, I posted it because of the intro.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 01:44:01 AM

The intro was as much as I could get through.  It was sort of amusing, albeit mostly unintentionally thanks to the "Why aren't they in more of a hurry to develop multimillion dollar products for my lunatic niche?" screed coming off a little too heartfelt.  Then the live-action part began, and I remembered how that one guy jogging down the street with a butcher knife because "You run faster with the knife!" was the sum total of all the funny these guys have ever produced.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:25 AM

Ya, its all just a bit too forced. Sorta like in that scene in "Gamers", where the one gamer guy forces friends and family to hold a ceremony for a dead D&D character. It is probably funny to someone who's not had any exposure at all to the 'gaming' community, but it wouldn't be watched by someone in that category. Someone who has had even minimal exposure knows its too over the top and misses plenty of actual funny stuff available. It just comes off as lazy self-satisfied filming. Essentially just a guy trying to justify his equipment purchases by deeming himself a comedic auteur.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 09:36:21 AM

Ugh.  That totally misses why Yahtzee is funny:  He's a self-hating, self-deprecating misanthrope who will regularly point out his own hypocrisy.

schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 09:40:24 AM

Ugh.  That totally misses why Yahtzee is funny:  He's a self-hating, self-deprecating misanthrope who will regularly point out his own hypocrisy.

Yahtzee is funny because he's good at using his words. More than that and you're reading into the snarky guy who doesn't quite review games way too much.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 10:05:22 AM

That intro was quite funny.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Yahtzee.  
Jump to: