Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:29:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Batman: Gotham Knight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman: Gotham Knight  (Read 8016 times)
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

on: July 09, 2008, 03:13:28 PM

I got this today, the special edition DVD. It has some pretty sweet extras. Not too bad. It is $20 at Target. I will post pics of the package later.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:17:24 PM

Rented it for about four dollars on the Itunes store.  Not bad, well worth the money.

A couple of the animations were a bit too...inventive...but the last two episodes were amazing.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:46:07 AM

I take this to mean that it's been released? I've been meaning to buy it once it came out. Move Store, here I come!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 06:45:36 PM

meh the first two were bad. the last two redeemed it somewhat.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 04:47:04 AM

I love how easily people blow stuff off here.  swamp poop

Anyway, I only thought that the Rucka short was kinda wack, the rest of them are very watchable and at least 4 of them were just cool as hell. I actually really liked the first short and the last 2 kicked my face in. Especially  "Working Through Pain".

It is worth the price of admission, especially now, (It is $13 for the regular edition at Target) but the special edition ($20)  is pretty sweet too, it has some interviews on the second disk, a segment about Bob Kane and asome interviews with the writers, Heart Bruce Tim Heart and then Bruce picks like 4 classic TAS episodes that are on the second disk. Too damn good. "Heart of Ice" is on there.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Yeah I don't regret buying it in the slightest.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 08:12:39 AM

What other TAS eps are on the SE?  Give me plots, because I don't know titles for TV shows as that's way too geeky even for me.  Yes, I'm too lazy to google it right now.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:32 AM

Special Edition has a special about the Batman Villains, A segment about Bob Kane and the following TAS episodes.

-"Heart of Ice" (Mr Freeze episode)
 http://www.tv.com/batman-the-animated-series/heart-of-ice/episode/68559/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;2

-"I Am the Night" ( Batman struggles with being Batman after Gordon is shot and wounded.)
http://www.tv.com/batman-the-animated-series/i-am-the-night/episode/69007/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;33

-"Over the Edge" (Gordon's daughter is hurt He steps up efforts to find the Bat.)
http://www.tv.com/batman-gotham-knights/over-the-edge/episode/115354/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;10

-"Legends of the Dark Knight" (Kids get together and talk about Batman from different views) http://www.tv.com/batman-gotham-knights/legends-of-the-dark-knight/episode/115362/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;5

All the episodes are good, even if you own the DVD's they are cool to have compiled, it just reminds you have goddamn bloody awesome TAS was.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:46 AM

Yeah, I don't have TAS on vid or DVD, but those 4 eps were excellent. (Legends was one of my favorites, seeing the desc.)  I'll pick up the SE for $20 just to have them.  Thanks!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 10:01:15 PM

I love how easily people blow stuff off here.  swamp poop

Anyway, I only thought that the Rucka short was kinda wack, the rest of them are very watchable and at least 4 of them were just cool as hell. I actually really liked the first short and the last 2 kicked my face in. Especially  "Working Through Pain".

It is worth the price of admission, especially now, (It is $13 for the regular edition at Target) but the special edition ($20)  is pretty sweet too, it has some interviews on the second disk, a segment about Bob Kane and asome interviews with the writers, Heart Bruce Tim Heart and then Bruce picks like 4 classic TAS episodes that are on the second disk. Too damn good. "Heart of Ice" is on there.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Yeah I don't regret buying it in the slightest.

Wife was out clothes shopping so I asked her to pick it up. Glad to see they used Kevin Conroy for the voice in all of them.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 09:02:52 AM

Oh - the Bob Kane special was actually pretty good.

Stan Lee talking about "Bob Kane, the creator of Batman" and going to the release of Batman 1 with him was very touching/funny.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 10:47:07 PM

The DVD is pretty awesome.

The first short sucks IMO, and the rest are fantastic. For some reason I really like Field Test but Bruce looks like Light Yagami's cousin. Batman looks way more intimidating when you can see his eyes IMO.

Over the Edge is an awesome TAS episode since it directly deals with death, something which the series was never really allowed to touch on much. Batgirl goes in a decently brutal fashion too.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 06:40:09 AM

You have the censor to thank for that if you listen to the comentary.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 09:20:05 PM

You have the censor to thank for that if you listen to the comentary.
Well yeah, I know about the big list of shit they weren't allowed to do.

IIRC there was a picture one of the artists drew that showed everything they weren't allowed to do; it was hilarious. It was Batman tackling the Joker out of a window, with glass sticking in him, one hand choking the joker, who was shooting him with one hand and a drug needle in the other, with a crucifix necklace flying out of the window while a smoking catwoman in bra/panties was watching. I don't think that was all of it either.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:41 AM

Screenshot or it didn't happen.  why so serious?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Batman: Gotham Knight  
Jump to: