Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Update on Dark Templar Unholy Damage 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on Dark Templar Unholy Damage  (Read 5497 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: June 27, 2008, 12:54:57 PM

After reviewing the situation, we agree that Dark Templars should have +unholy damage as a viable way to increase their DPS, along with other forms of "generic" melee damage increases and other forms of item modifications.

As such, we have evaluated and implemented coefficients on all Dark Templar self-only unholy damage sources. In the process, we have made some other changes to similar abilities.

The upcoming changes will be:
-The variance on damage dealt by unholy-based Soul Covenants has been reduced to make the damage more consistent. Average damage was not modified by this change.
-Covenant of Arms should now have the correct base damage across all levels
-Covenant of Arms should no longer disappear from the player's spell book or fail to appear after training multiple ranks
-Covenant of Putrescence should now have the correct base damage across all levels
-Covenant of Putrescence now deals unholy damage instead of poison damage
-Unholy-based Soul Covenants now gain a significant percentage of the Dark Templar's unholy or magical damage.
-Malacodor's Blight, Sadistic Soul, Blighted Touch, Blighted Soul, Touch of Death, and Curse of Gwahlur now gain a minor amount of the Dark Templar's unholy or magical damage
-Talisman Mastery now applies a visible buff next to the Dark Templar's stance in the debuff window when active
-Talisman Mastery has been improved to additionally grant a moderate amount of +unholy magical damage when active
-Talisman Mastery has been modified to be a percentage increase of the modified damage of a Soul Covenant instead of the base damage

After the review, Soul Covenants will be scaling significantly higher than was experienced with the unintended 100% coefficient, so those of you with +magical damage gear should notice an increase in these effects. Secondary effects receive a much smaller amount, similar in scaling to their intended base damage increase.

Additionally, Dark Templars are currently being reviewed for improvements and additions in their core skills and feat trees. I will post an update when more information is available.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 01:01:49 PM

Nice, yet word about the fact that they totally broke HoX magic damage.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 01:03:47 PM

Nice. HoX magic damage got broken also, but is being reviewed as Jayde said on the EU forums. I just started playing my HoX actively and love it, but can see the spells falling behind cause of +magic not working.

As we have reviewed the Dark Templar abilities, we will do the same for the Herald of Xotli as well. They will be reviewed on Monday.

Like the other secondary minor effects for Dark Templars, the proper values for the various proc effects will be much lower than the unintended 100% value from before. This is just a small warning as to not expect it to return to the level it was prior to the bugfix.

I will make an additional post after the evaluation of all the fire-based damage sources is complete to let you know in advance of our intended changes.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 01:21:31 PM

I made our own HoX thread so as not to fag up the DT thread.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=13616.0
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:10:21 PM

I'll just turn this into the Dark Templar thread instead of making a new one...

I have two, one I duo with that is 47 and my f13 one whom just reached 34.  I'm not big on respeccing frequently just to test, so I've been building them up differently.  Interesting results so far:

The 47 started with the Desecration line going Devouring Touch -> Vigor Leech -> Curse of Gwahlur + Mana Leech -> Corrupt Weapon + Imp. Dread Fury -> Imp. Soul Covenants.  From there I went over into the Depravity Tree to pick up Blighted Touch -> Blighted Soul -> Consuming Bulwark.  With my adventuring partner being a Priestess of Mitra, we can handle high numbers of mobs.  (My biggest problem in these situations is not being able to reach all of them to keep aggro.)

Initially, my f13 build was following this so I had a chance to see how it played solo.  I did alright, but by myself could only handle three or four even levels.  I switched to the Soldier tree for something different.  Here I have chosen Recovery -> Imp. Defensive Stance + Iron Skin (2) -> Counterstrike Stance -> Anticipation + Lifesaver.  I don't kill fast, however I can take several +3 to +5 mobs without much problem.  My stamina management isn't that great, so I have started going for Vigor Leech.  However, I can use Blood Pact to get stamina and the hit to life isn't a big deal.  I might be able to use some of my other life draining skills safely now, too.

Now I know it's popular to go way down feat trees, but I'm thinking combining these two different routes could be very effective.  Go for balance to provide survivability augmented with a bit of damage through life taps and procs.  Something along the lines of this build eventually.

I'll report back once I'm high enough to see how they mesh.  (You're welcome to comment, though I'm just documenting some of my thought process.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 07:27:11 AM

A DT thread is nice as I am playing one right now. Just started him a few days ago and am up to 17 or 18 I think. Stamina is very much a problem for me, but so far taking on groups isn't too bad. My guardian was better at this level but I like the quirkiness of the DT. I am only going with Recovery and Devouring Touch at this point so I  look forward to hearing more about yours and others ideas on this class. I chose the DT because it was told from on high that he is the group tank class and I like nothing more than taking on large groups of mobs and surviving. I hope they did not lie.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:27:53 AM

Vigor Leech does make a noticable difference.  Whether you go further into the Desecration tree or not, it's worth investing those 10 points.

The healing from individual powers isn't that great, however they add up if you grab as many taps and as much health regen as you can.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Update on Dark Templar Unholy Damage  
Jump to: