Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Items. More inside. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Items. More inside.  (Read 7069 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: October 29, 2004, 12:21:36 PM

Well, I'm saving anything rare that I come across or that seems exceptionally good.  Here's a bow I found today..

Flatbow
Lifestealing: 2
Health regen: -1
+1 Marksmanship
8-15 damage, requires 10 marksmanship

Safe stuff people, it makes a decent amount of difference especially in PVP if you're using crappy gear.

That being said, I'm primarily looking for hammers.  I'm switching Rasix Mifune to hammer time.  Currently using a 9-14 rams hammer with +2 to armor penetration.

Ohh, the pvp is fun. Yes it's fun.  We got our asses POUNDED mercilessly too.   We pretty much didn't know what the fuck we were doing.  Good times.

-Rasix
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 12:31:19 PM

LOL yeah the PvP is totally unpredictable.  At one point I thought I had a decent 4v4 team, after we won about 5 straight.  Then we run into a team that kills us in about 10 seconds, I mean BAM BAM BAM game over.  I laughed, I cried.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:31:30 PM

Dibs on that bow! I haven't found anything rare yet, but I will keep an eye out. Anyone planning on going the crafting route? I bought a salvage kit (since ingots sell A LOT better than salvage items), but I would be happy to hand over any crafting materials.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 01:04:53 PM

Watch out for Antolin!!!  He will start a shop, ignore it, get everyone mad at him, disappear for ages, come back and sweet talk you into loving him again.  He's a dangerous man with a silver tongue!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 01:06:26 PM

Quote from: Signe
Watch out for Antolin!!!  He will start a shop, ignore it, get everyone mad at him, disappear for ages, come back and sweet talk you into loving him again.  He's a dangerous man with a silver tongue!

Hey, that only happened once (or twice).

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 01:20:15 PM

I don't think I ever started a shop, but I did disappear for ages =) I maybe have been a partner in a shop later on...it all blends together after a while.

Blame Qwest and their ongoing mission to deliver the worst possible customer service in the history of humankind. With the dimwits they have working there, they just might make it!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 01:26:46 PM

I've been holding on to anything interesting.  I've gotten a few wands, but nothing with spectacular stats on them or anything.  The one bow I found went to Jayce already.

If anyone finds a wand with some fun effects or a cesta with more than +6 energy, I'm in the market!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Belzac
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 03:02:17 PM

I got one of those Rams Head hammers.  Not sure how rare it is...I think I've seen a few people with them.  Anybody wants it they can have it.  I'll be on sometime late...after the kids go to bed.

My characters name is Belzac Jojenn the cleric\necro
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 03:22:29 PM

Quote from: Belzac
I got one of those Rams Head hammers.  Not sure how rare it is...I think I've seen a few people with them.  Anybody wants it they can have it.  I'll be on sometime late...after the kids go to bed.

My characters name is Belzac Jojenn the cleric\necro

As far as I know, ALL the hammers look like that.  GW doesn't seem to be big on character diversity.

The stats on them vary like Diablo, however.

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Gong
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 03:25:53 PM

hey guys - after playing quite a bit, I think it's safe to conclude that most looted items are pretty junky. It seems far better to break them down into raw materials with a salvage kit, and then either upgrade your weapon (by obtaining special parts via salvage kits) or use the raw materials to either craft new armor or sell the raw materials to others for gold.

If the f13 crowd is playing as a collective group, it really helps a ton if everyone collects resources and pools them so that people can craft whatever they need. It's a lot less headache than holding on to random drops of questionable quality, and better in the long run.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 03:38:02 PM

Quote from: Gong
hey guys - after playing quite a bit, I think it's safe to conclude that most looted items are pretty junky. It seems far better to break them down into raw materials with a salvage kit, and then either upgrade your weapon (by obtaining special parts via salvage kits) or use the raw materials to either craft new armor or sell the raw materials to others for gold.

If the f13 crowd is playing as a collective group, it really helps a ton if everyone collects resources and pools them so that people can craft whatever they need. It's a lot less headache than holding on to random drops of questionable quality, and better in the long run.

Agree. I saved up stuff from last night:

I used normal salvage kit and got this kind of stuff:
- iron ingots
- bones

I used an expert salvage kit and got this kind of stuff
- granite slabs
- glittering dust
- earthen sword hilt
- wooden planks
- parchment

I think you'll see that upgraded armor can get expensive quickly -- because you have to use some basic components plus gold to make more advanced components that you need for the upgraded armor. For example, armor might require 9 steel ingots. To make 1 steel ingot you might spend 20 gold plus a component like charcoal. To make charcoal you need iron ingots plus 10 gold. So your final upgraded piece of armor is made with expensive components that are made from expensive subcomponents. At least the variety is keeping things interesting -- and thank God I don't have to go stare at a rock and whack at it with a Pick just to get what I need (an insanely mind-numbing idea for what is supposedly *entertainment*).

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 03:45:53 PM

Is there any sort of guild hall or group bank we can pool this stuff in?

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 04:10:37 PM

There is a guild hall right next to PvP arena on the map but I don't think you can perm store things there. It's more of the guild challenge area. Still it's probably the fastest way to find/meet with someone else from the guild.

What's the story with the charms? How long do they last? Anyone tried em?
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 05:47:38 PM

Re: Drops. Anyone got any rare weapons? (text description is yellow). I got 2 in the first 4 hours playing then they had us download a rebuilt client and I haven't seen a yellow drop since after a ton of time playing? Anyone seen anything?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 06:07:16 PM

The server is pwned.

I got a Rare Hand Axe

Life Stealing 2
Health Regen -2 (ouch)
+1 Axe Mastery (17% chance while using skills) WTF does that mean
Cold Damage 3-11 (req Axe Mastery 5)
+40% Damage Customized

The thing is fast, but drains life.

This thing would be tits if i could get something that +'s my health regen...with the way it is its almost like being poisoned. I have 3 weapon setups, 1. a wand/buffer 2. A reg Hand Axe 3. Rare life eating Axe

I frenzy with it and its fast and chews shit up, I took whirlwind so I could get a big multiple life stealing hit. I cant decide if its worth the trouble or not, my old hammer was nice. I need a nice shield for it really. If I had a good healer buddy it would rock.

BTW, im "Sla Yerik"  if anyone wants to holla

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Items. More inside.  
Jump to: