Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: UI Customization 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UI Customization  (Read 4792 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

on: June 06, 2008, 06:43:30 AM

I just can't handle how graphics heavy and clunky the default UI is. I'm a minimalist and I like having lots of visual space without the UI taking up too much or not being intuitive (Like the hotbars that don't stack without covering up the health bars.) So, I went searching for an alternative on the Conan forums and found a nice little compilation of UI mods.

Faxanadu's UI Compilation V1.1 - Download

[General Info]

Wide Version:
Recommended for Widescreen users or higher then 1280x1024 Resolutions.

Standard Version: This version has less support then the "Wide" Version
Recommended for 1280x1024 or Lower Resolutions.

There's no list of what it does,  but this screenshot sums it up.

The only thing I had to get used to was the top buttons for accessing skills is removed and I didn't know the hotkey for it. So far it works perfectly and there are plans to make it more customizable in terms of moving stuff around.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:49:57 AM

Any progress on the UI makes me weep with joy. I'll give that one a shot tonight. Thanks!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:16:10 AM

While this looks cool, i have no idea why people say the UI is bad in this game. None, only thing it needs is the ability to hotkey things in other bars, but thats about it.

To be honest, thats not much more "minimal" than the original. lol.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:36:42 AM

I could understand this level of customization if I were PVPing, but as a PVE player all I'd really like is the borders taken off the map.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:38:07 AM

Borders taken off the map and ability to totally dock extra hotbars down so they can't be moved.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:41:43 AM

I could understand this level of customization if I were PVPing, but as a PVE player all I'd really like is the borders taken off the map.

The mini map, or the large map? The frame borders, or the one on the map that give it that "Scroll" appearance?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:43:06 AM

Damn, that human-dentured horse is angry!  Sorry for the derail.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:45:22 AM

I hate the original UI.  Hate Hate Hate.  I like small, movable, borderless and none of the silly artwork.  And macros for everything.  Macros Macros Macros.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:45:36 AM

The mini map, or the large map? The frame borders, or the one on the map that give it that "Scroll" appearance?

The map tied to 'm' that most people play with in the bottom right hand corner since the minimap is entirely useless.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 08:12:47 AM

I hate the original UI.  Hate Hate Hate.  I like small, movable, borderless and none of the silly artwork.  And macros for everything.  Macros Macros Macros.

Mostly agreed. I'm not huge into macros, but I do like them to be available for some functions.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 08:21:07 AM

The map tied to 'm' that most people play with in the bottom right hand corner since the minimap is entirely useless.

I find myself using the "J" Map in the quest window, it seems to load faster.

schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:30 AM

The J Map in the quest window always has all the waypoint names on it. I have over 50 waypoints on most maps. Illegible city.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 08:24:23 AM

The J Map in the quest window always has all the waypoint names on it. I have over 50 waypoints on most maps. Illegible city.

Oh, well, i'm not to that point yet, lol. But its zoomable, and scrollable. I just find myself using it more than others for the most part.

schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 08:27:06 AM

Oh, well, i'm not to that point yet, lol. But its zoomable, and scrollable. I just find myself using it more than others for the most part.

When you level 3 characters to 40, have multiple trade skills, need to harvest a shitload, you'll get there.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 01:33:41 PM

The big one with the gigantic half inch borders.  The minimap borders are very small.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 02:05:47 PM

Curses has a 'm' map no-border mod. Works just fine
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 06:01:12 PM

It's in this compilation. My zone map when I hit 'm' is borderless. The world map isn't, but I never use it anyway.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: UI Customization  
Jump to: