Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Update: Necros and Demos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update: Necros and Demos  (Read 14378 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 01:33:44 PM

I'm seeing more and more Necros these days. Today I saw one trailing what looked like four zombies and some Beholder analog. I have no idea how scary they are to fight, but I sure as heck gave them a wide berth. My PoM knockback has too long a refresh timer for that noise smiley

You should have killed him, he's an idiot.  The "beholder" analog is a necrotic bomb and is totally worthless, if he had one out he sucks.

Just make sure to keep your HoTs up and you'll be fine.

that's exactly it, necros look cool and im sure lots of people WANT to play them but they are fucking awful to play midlevel and higher

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 01:35:58 PM

that's exactly it, necros look cool and im sure lots of people WANT to play them but they are fucking awful to play midlevel and higher

Eh, Necro really isn't nearly as bad as you make them out to be.  I have no problems killing with mine.  But like all games ever, there are certain parts of the class that are useful and other parts that are useless, and the necrotic bomb is useless.  So I have no doubt that guy would be easy to own. ;)

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 02:24:09 PM

Necros are really great in PvE groups which have a tank to keep aggro off them, they do nice DPS.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 02:24:32 PM

Necros turn into face raping machines past 65, they can AoE moe effectively than any other class.  Our level 80 necro guild leader made it from 75-80 in one day, soloing.  Necros can pull chain kills that I wouldn't even dream about on my PoM.

They just don't have that power from level 1 on like PoMs do, but if you're quitting because the necro is gimped, know that you're quitting because the necro is gimped for 15 levels, and then becomes the destroyer of worlds.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 03:14:46 PM

Are those pets all basically DoTs in avatar form? Or are each independently controllable? A buddy of mine is playing one for the reason cited (they look cool and are hella fun in these early levels), so we'll probably make a fairly interesting duo. I love the PoM. It's exactly the sort of survivability ok-DPS I like. Still not as relatively face-melting as my WoW Mage, but the knockback and all of the AOEs make up for it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

My friend has a 80 necro, and he's a beast. YMMV.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 05:31:35 PM

Are those pets all basically DoTs in avatar form?

Yes.  And no, you can't individually control them.  If they are Blood Archanists (there will be only two in that case) they also are a hot for the necro if they are at full health (so maybe hit them with a little small ae if you get the chance, though I doubt the hot is really good enough to worry about).

If they are melee (like the corruptors that I think you saw) you can be a l33t sploiter and run into water and they won't follow you. :)

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 09:55:26 AM

A necro is a demon at level 80 in pve and pvp.  Oh dear lord are they scary.  My guild focus fires them down first in any mass engagement.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Update: Necros and Demos  
Jump to: