Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 127154 times)
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: May 27, 2008, 08:56:09 AM

And another thing I don't like...

If you're going to have directional combat (which I think is cool) couldn't you have thought out a better design than putting those directions on hotbars... the same hotbars you need for combos? I tried getting my game pad working with the directional pad, but unfortunately that particular piece of PC equipment has seen much abuse over the years and is currently borked. So, I'm back to using the hotbars and hating it. It would be at least some relief if I could figure out where I set the hotkey for the alternate hot bar. Currently if you hold down "alt" you'll get a hotbar with the number 0 next to it. There's a place in the control set up that shows Alt being coded to first person mouse something or other  but changing it does nothing. I'd use the hell out of it if I could change it to an easier key for me to use. I'm an ESDF user because I'm a touch typist. WASD is for losers.  awesome, for real
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: May 27, 2008, 08:57:26 AM

Click the down arrow in the upper left of the mini map to change your instance.  This can also be used to teleport to the nearest rezz pad when you don't feel like running.

Really? I had no idea...

Thanks!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: May 27, 2008, 09:02:55 AM

Although on the mob front, me and this other guy briefly grouped up to kill some Alpha wolf mob and both got credit for it. I haven't experienced item completion in a group yet, though.
You get kill credit so long as you don't die, if you get killed during the big fight you're screwed.  Item completion is fine if it's in a bag, then everyone can loot it, but if it's a glowy thing you have to wait for every single member of the group to get one (or even worse get 20/20)...

Par for the course for MMO's.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #248 on: May 27, 2008, 09:03:49 AM

Signe, I got the guild chat color changed for you.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #249 on: May 27, 2008, 09:12:42 AM

The icons for combos and such are a mess. They need something, um, iconic, so you can easily tell the different attacks from each other.  Right now, I mostly choose them based on where they are on my bar. I have no idea what picture goes with what combo. It gets worse if you try a more compact UI.

Quoting from the other thread. This is becoming a fairly major problem for me as well. Was it intended for older combos to be obsoleted entirely? I mean, the first rank of each action seems fairly straightforward, but successive ones add more flames/blood etc until it's not clear what the hell it's supposed to be.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #250 on: May 27, 2008, 09:26:57 AM

Signe, I got the guild chat color changed for you.

Yeah, well, how many times do you have to take down the server to get GREEN right?!?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #251 on: May 27, 2008, 10:07:15 AM

Two four hour downtimes in one day. Fuck you, Funcom.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #252 on: May 27, 2008, 10:15:12 AM

I'm feeling so smart right now.  I want to like this game.  I know this game is going to be a better game then WAR.  But I knew that I'd face major headache, heartache, rage and burnout if I sub'd at launch.

Don't get me wrong, its killing me that everyone is learning things and getting lewts and shit before I am.  It really is.

I'm just glad that I'm going to build a new computer for my bday (July) then unless f13 hasn't imploded (unlikely) I'll prob buy Conan and check it out either when they open a new server or when I decide to take a month off from EVE while training something like BC5 or AWU5.  I think in the end I'll have much more fun with AoC and give it a fair shake if I can wait until they've had a few months to sort stuff out.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: May 27, 2008, 10:22:56 AM

AoC is tons of funs - when I'm playing, I feel guilty that I'm not on Eve being all serious and spaceshippy.

Still, I'm taking it slow to give Funcom some time to fix their game. 

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #254 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:20 AM

I actually feel guilty while playing AoC too, I'm bagging on EQ2 time.

Then again, the 70-80 grind there sucks, so...hey...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #255 on: May 27, 2008, 11:18:14 AM

I don't like that bosses outside of instances really don't drop shit, even epic ones.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: May 27, 2008, 11:47:54 AM

I don't like that bosses outside of instances really don't drop shit, even epic ones.

I agree, but if the bosses are there for explorers to find (rather then a part of some quest), then they should only have a chance to drop something once in awhile.  I'd rather not have a return to camping.  I'd rather not have a return to exploring an area only to come to a player/group of players that, through words or action, make it clear that this mob (whom you never heard of) is "their" mob and you won't be seeing him in a living capacity at any time during the next 9 hours.

I know it means more data elements to be tracked per character, but I'd really like to see it changed such that you can only see the boss every couple hours (even though it's spawn timer is much quicker then that) - or some variation of that method.
schild
Administrator

Reply #257 on: May 27, 2008, 11:51:41 AM

If they drop something every once in a while, they'll get camped. If they drop something merely decent all the time, camping won't be worthwhile.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: May 27, 2008, 02:11:56 PM

Here's something I really don't like. If you have a custom UI, the file numbers have to match or it won't load. No option to ignore the discrepancy.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: May 27, 2008, 02:51:05 PM

You know what I dislike? At least on my system when you press a movement key the character starts siding then his legs start moving. so for a second you are waterskiing happily along. I only noticed last night and it rapidly started driving me crazy.

Hic sunt dracones.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #260 on: May 27, 2008, 03:32:21 PM

I REALLY REALLY dont like that it doesnt show you what zone instance you are currently in. If it does, then I cant find it. For some one who solos a lot its fine, but I always play with my roommate and a friend or two, and we constantly all have to switch servers to meet up.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: May 27, 2008, 05:17:18 PM

I REALLY REALLY dont like that it doesnt show you what zone instance you are currently in. If it does, then I cant find it. For some one who solos a lot its fine, but I always play with my roommate and a friend or two, and we constantly all have to switch servers to meet up.

Its quite simple for all involved to pick one and meet there, it puts everyone at the rez point too.

I am the .00000001428%
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: May 27, 2008, 05:19:10 PM

I hate the loot system. There's no autoloot, so you need to click the take all button, but you don't want to click the take all button because seemingly every random mob drops a crappy white weapon or piece of armor and your inventory is limited. They need to add stacking vendor loot to mobs like WoW. All weapon/armor drops after level 10 should be green at minimum. I find this really very annoying.

Also what's up with limiting inventory as an advancement reward? That sucks! And yes, WoW did it and it sucks there too.

Also I hate how skills are totally nondescriptive. I play a guardian, and I've got this skill "brutal enraging strike". The description says "The soldier taunts their enemy as they attack to lock them into combat with the soldier. Useful in battle, the actions of an enraged enemy can be predicted and dealt with more easily."

OK, so it taunts. Got that. Does it do extra damage, or just a weapon attack? Should I use it when soloing? Does it give the enemy an attack debuff, or make them more likely to miss? Who knows? That information is simply not available.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:22:09 PM by sam, an eggplant »
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: May 27, 2008, 05:25:39 PM

Yea. A lot of those combos seem to have quite verbose descriptions but no real numbers. To hell with it. I just use the ones that make the mobs scream a lot.  If they die faster then it's a combo I will use.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: May 28, 2008, 06:04:08 AM

I hate the loot system. There's no autoloot, so you need to click the take all button, but you don't want to click the take all button because seemingly every random mob drops a crappy white weapon or piece of armor and your inventory is limited.

You can just click on the items you want to keep.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: May 28, 2008, 06:08:59 AM

The one you are in seems to be the one NOT on your list, the ones on the list with a head, or multi-heads is where your peoples are.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: May 28, 2008, 06:19:14 AM

You can just click on the items you want to keep.
I know, that sucks.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: May 28, 2008, 06:25:12 AM

Is anybody locked out of the forums?  I can't access them.  I set my forum name and password in my account, which it accepts, but then gives me a big F-u when I try to log in.

So I leave a message for the support weasels every day, and nothing after the auto-response.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: May 28, 2008, 06:28:24 AM

Is anybody locked out of the forums?  I can't access them.  I set my forum name and password in my account, which it accepts, but then gives me a big F-u when I try to log in.

So I leave a message for the support weasels every day, and nothing after the auto-response.

Give it an hour or so after setting it up/changing password.

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: May 28, 2008, 06:39:47 AM

Yeah, they tell you it takes a while to propagate.  I given it way more than an hour. Several times.  This has been since the weekend.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: May 28, 2008, 06:54:23 AM

When I click that handy dandy instance changing upside down triangle while in an instance, like, Conall's Valley, I'm transported all the way back to the friggin beginning. While, in a normal dungeon I can see that as being a smart thing, in a place like the Valley where I had to run 5 miles to see if I need to change instances at all, it pisses me right the heck off. You never know if the first or last or even the middle instance on the list is going to be the busiest.

Or, maybe, the better complaint is putting a freaking rez stone in the village. That would be swell!

Either way, traveling sucks.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: May 28, 2008, 06:58:29 AM

When I click that handy dandy instance changing upside down triangle while in an instance, like, Conall's Valley, I'm transported all the way back to the friggin beginning. While, in a normal dungeon I can see that as being a smart thing, in a place like the Valley where I had to run 5 miles to see if I need to change instances at all, it pisses me right the heck off. You never know if the first or last or even the middle instance on the list is going to be the busiest.

Or, maybe, the better complaint is putting a freaking rez stone in the village. That would be swell!

Either way, traveling sucks.

There is one in the village.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #272 on: May 28, 2008, 07:14:51 AM

The rezzpads don't show up on the map until you find them.  There are several in the zone, usually one at each quest hub.  Even with them travel in Connal's sucks, go to Khopsef, it's much better.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: May 28, 2008, 07:15:00 AM

ACK!

swamp poop

Guess step 1 in tonight's game play is find that freaking rez stone, then.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #274 on: May 28, 2008, 07:18:58 AM

Another gripe: patches reset my video settings - sometimes.

I have never played WoW.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: May 28, 2008, 07:19:35 AM

As has been suggested, they should just make them work like Diablo 2's waypoints and all would be well. Not very Hyborian though, I admit.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #276 on: May 28, 2008, 05:45:57 PM

Another gripe: patches reset my video settings - sometimes.

Me too.  It's very very very very very very very annoying.  VERY!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #277 on: May 28, 2008, 11:11:24 PM

Things I don't like.

This:

And shit like this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:14:16 PM by Falconeer »

schild
Administrator

Reply #278 on: May 28, 2008, 11:41:22 PM

Fixed as of today.

It now says 2% or .2 bonus or whatever it is. No more weirdness.

.00 Immunity style shit is getting fixed though.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: May 28, 2008, 11:57:07 PM

nemo38 and his Harold of Xolti

I don't know why, but I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that.

--

To schilds post : Awesome. Noticed this on my XP bonus ring. So all the 0,1% and 0,2% were actually 1% / 2% all the time ?

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: