Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Quick and dirty empire standing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick and dirty empire standing?  (Read 1552 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: May 05, 2008, 07:51:17 AM

I've recently learned, to my woe, that the corp that I've been running missions for all this time is pretty dismal for L3 and up agents.  I'm going to need to abandon ship, I think, if I'm to manage to make much progress.  Only problem is, my standing with Amarr is only 1.77, and that's after four ranks of connections.  I need to accelerate the hell out of my empire standing so I can switch companies without having to start back at L1 missions.

From everything I've found out so far, the two fastest methods for gaining standing involve turning in pilot tags to the empire's stations, and cosmos missions.  But details on both are a bit hazy, so if anyone out there has personal experience with them, I'd appreciate a clue or two.

Pilot tags:
- I've heard they're purchased on the contract market; what's considered a fair price for them, and how many should I get for standing turnins?

Cosmos missions:
- I read that '...once you start a cosmos mission, you have seven days to finish them before the agent stops talking to you.'  Is that referring to just one mission, or ALL of the cosmos missions?  Finishing one mission chain within a week isn't an issue, but finishing all of them might be tricky.

I'm looking to get standing up around 5 with Amarr and Gallente so's I can easily pick any agents of my choice from any of their member corporations without piddling around in L1 and L2 missions first.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:44:51 AM

Cosmos is a bit of a double-edged sword -- on the one hand they are great for boosting faction, but on the other all the agents refuse / deny based on your faction standing rather than regular standings.   The best advice I can give you if you're thinking about running COSMOS is to Google your little heart out and find some decent reference / spoiler sites which spell out exactly what each agent & mission sequence involves so you're prepared.

COSMOS agents only offer their mission once per character, rejecting / failing any mission offered means losing access to the rest of their particular chain and any unique rewards included in the chain, some of which may be required by another agent they refer you to afterwards.   Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that you have 7 days to complete a chain (from the point the first mission was offered to you), but that's the only time limitation as it may potentially be a very long time between your first cosmos and finishing every agent / chain.

On a related note, wherever possible collect items before starting the mission as some are at best highly contested, and at worst very infrequent drops from whatever NPC they're tied to - meaning they're potentially major time sinks.   You'll also find a thriving market in COSMOS specific items, often the ones that are harder to collect and nearly always vastly overpriced - if in doubt always try to collect the item yourself first and see how you fare.

edit button addict.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:44 AM

Someone once told me that if you wait some insanely long amount of time COSMOS will reset for a character, allowing you to try failed stuff again.  But I never tried it because COSMOS annoyed me more than any other part of EVE.

I will say that the people who live in the COSMOS systems were by and large some of the friendliest people I ever met in game, and often times if you ask in local for some item you need someone will be willing to give it to you for free.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Quick and dirty empire standing?  
Jump to: