Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Best RPG Inventory system 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best RPG Inventory system  (Read 25685 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 12:07:38 PM

And your target audience.  If it's not important to the game then don't include it.  But it's something I wish games would do more of and I'm not alone.

If it's an open inventory then packrats will of course fill it with all manner of things.  By making it an item specific extention (clothes in this case, but it could be an ammo locker or whatever), you let the player stash to their heart's content, but can make sure they're only storing things you want them too.

Diablo 2 is another example I always remember.  I wanted a separate gem bag.  One slot for each perfect gem that is just a counter of how many I put in.  No more filling up my stash with gems I might use that prevent me from storing other useful items.  I would have liked that for potions, too.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
koboshi
Contributor

Camping is a legitimate strategy.

Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 11:27:49 AM

Where do I put shit like extra guns besides the ones I'm currently using? In my backpack?

Guns you're not using are either slung weapons (held on shoulder straps) or in holsters or in a backpack. Are there other realistic options?

You could always drag a coffin with a chain gun in it like Django

-We must teach them Max!
Hey, where do you keep that gun?
-None of your damn business, Sam.
-Shall we dance?
-Lets!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Best RPG Inventory system  
Jump to: