Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 06:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 324 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 2938670 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #420 on: May 23, 2008, 12:12:40 PM

I finally found a worthy entry

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #421 on: May 25, 2008, 12:10:02 PM

Can something be sad and awesome at the same time? Temple in Sichuan after the earthquake.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #422 on: May 25, 2008, 12:23:13 PM

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: May 28, 2008, 12:43:56 PM

All kinds of awesome - time flies
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:09:25 PM by lac »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: May 29, 2008, 05:10:47 AM

Christ, I had that.

ACK!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #425 on: May 29, 2008, 06:05:17 AM

woot Zed-Ex!1!!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
teler
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: May 29, 2008, 09:53:59 AM

I didn't say which ones weren't awesome.  Man.

By man I clearly meant:

" Ahi quanto a dir qual era è cosa dura
esta selva selvaggia e aspra e forte
che nel pensier rinova la paura!"
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: May 29, 2008, 10:37:19 AM

ACK!

Textbook definition of not awesome.  The very antithesis of, even.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #428 on: May 29, 2008, 10:52:25 AM

Maybe she can hang out with fat spiderman.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: May 29, 2008, 11:40:14 AM

I feel like this is awesome. It's from my last noteworthy dirtbike wreck. And it was taken on a phone, so lay off about the quality.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #430 on: May 29, 2008, 11:58:13 AM

what did they do? Stick bobby pins in your finger?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: May 29, 2008, 12:30:21 PM

Basically. I didn't realize how long they were until they took them out. They went all the way up to the first knuckle, crisscrossing in the middle.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #432 on: May 29, 2008, 11:09:34 PM

If you're going to define the above superheroes as awesome, Padme wants in:

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: May 30, 2008, 07:05:27 AM

Basically. I didn't realize how long they were until they took them out. They went all the way up to the first knuckle, crisscrossing in the middle.

...and why did you do this?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: May 30, 2008, 08:24:20 AM

They did that, because I had broken it so badly. Basically I landed on top of my dirtbike and my hand went into the spokes of the still spinning rear wheel. That particular finger was rotated to where the fingernail was nearly opposite of where it should be, and after setting it without pins it would start to rotate again. Therefore, pins were needed to keep it right side up. It's still all jacked up though.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: May 30, 2008, 08:33:44 AM

I have never been so happy about nationalized health care than I am right now.

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: May 30, 2008, 08:36:28 AM

Hey, get it right! That's military health care!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #437 on: May 30, 2008, 02:34:32 PM

Think these pictures are pretty cool.  A look at the flying death ray Megawatt laser we are working on:

Heres an up close/awesome shot of the lense:

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #438 on: May 30, 2008, 02:40:58 PM

Goddamn that's sweet.

Also reminds me of the History Channel's "Dogfights of the Future" special.  If you haven't seen it and are into Military stuff, Tivo it. It's pretty damn cool, even if it DID smack a bit of "America, we will ALWAYS kick everyone else's ass."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #439 on: May 30, 2008, 03:21:40 PM

I have caught almost the entire thing in about 4 different sittings (it is great to switch to when whatever I am watching is on commercial). Some really cool stuff.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #440 on: May 30, 2008, 07:44:51 PM

0-60 in three seconds. Got to wonder what that sixty to zero would do to you , though.

Rock your face off, duh.

we need a game like that. multiplayer. my god imagine shooting off one wheel, seeing the guy flying off a cliff at 60 mph is quite satisfying.....

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: May 31, 2008, 02:39:18 PM

A look at the flying death ray Megawatt laser we are working on:
Whats up with the extended clitoris thingy?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: May 31, 2008, 03:23:49 PM

If your talking about the thing sticking out from the bottom of the plane, I believe its part of the radar used to track the target the laser is suppose to blast.  As I recall, the idea is that the radar first picks up a target.  Then the laser shoots a very wide and weak laser blast in that direction to track the target, then a more narrower laser blast to pinpoint the speed/size of the target, then shoots the very focused high energy blast to take out the missile.  All of that is suppose to only take a few seconds.

Though now I hear people are getting worried because it could hypothetically be used to take out satellites (though its not designed to. It works by detecting heat exhaust from things like missiles.  Though I'm sure you could modify it....).  It hypothetical range, at best, will be about 600 KM to take out a missile.  So I guess if you just angle it up and aim at space....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:28:59 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #443 on: May 31, 2008, 04:34:11 PM

Missile.. plane.. large airborne gorillas.

The uses are only limited by range and your imagination!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #444 on: May 31, 2008, 05:11:05 PM

Though now I hear people are getting worried because it could hypothetically be used to take out satellites (though its not designed to. It works by detecting heat exhaust from things like missiles.  Though I'm sure you could modify it....).  It hypothetical range, at best, will be about 600 KM to take out a missile.  So I guess if you just angle it up and aim at space....
My first gut feeling is that it wouldn't work. I'd be interested to see actual text on the topic, though.

From what I understand about the system, it only works during the boost phase of a missile, before the missile is going too fast to track. It works by flash heating the missile during this phase, it doesn't actually destroy it or burn it, it just causes enough instability that the missile shakes itself apart. Satellites are a whole other ballgame; low earth orbit satellites are flying quite fast relative to the surface of the earth; miles per second in all cases, and geostationary ones are 35,000km out. One's moving too fast to hit, the other's too far away.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: May 31, 2008, 05:34:39 PM

Exactly.  Its pretty hard to track the satellite and hit it with the way the system is set up, I believe.  Though again, I have seen several places when looking up info on the laser where its been brought up as a potential concern (by those who want to stop the weaponization of space).  Didn't really bother to read how probable it was though.  However, if it could hit it, I believe satellites are VERY delicate, and it wouldn't take much to disable/fry it.  But who knows.

Though your not quite right on the "shakes itself apart" angle.  At least from what I read, it does burn though the side of the missile.  Its just that during the boost phase, its not only going slow enough to track, but its got tons of fuel and a thin skin.  By hitting it with the laser, the side of the missile is thin enough to let the laser weaken it to the point that it blows itself up because it cant contain whats going on inside.  I guess that's sort of similar to what you said, but it IS burning into it ;).  However, because of that, its not really designed to take out other things, like satellites.  Or ground based targets.

THOSE will be taken care of by the Advanced Tactical Laser which is taking a similar COIL system and putting it in a AC-130 gunship for use against precision ground targets.  They have already installed the system onto an AC-130, and announced they had successfully fired the weapon while it was on the ground early this month.

They plan to test fire it against ground targets while flying around sometime later this year.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-Stephen Colbert
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: May 31, 2008, 06:53:45 PM

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: May 31, 2008, 07:21:45 PM

Heh, I live about 15 miles from where that tiger is located.

-Stephen Colbert
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: May 31, 2008, 07:30:50 PM

THOSE will be taken care of by the Advanced Tactical Laser which is taking a similar COIL system and putting it in a AC-130 gunship for use against precision ground targets.  They have already installed the system onto an AC-130, and announced they had successfully fired the weapon while it was on the ground early this month.

They plan to test fire it against ground targets while flying around sometime later this year.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Those AC-130's are sick. I totally should have become a gunner (my AFSC is/was the same one the gunners have).

- Viin
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: June 01, 2008, 04:25:36 AM

... ground based targets.

Popcorn?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: June 01, 2008, 03:12:46 PM

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: June 01, 2008, 04:05:36 PM

Dammit! You beat me to it. This thread is full of it though, so no loss:

Quote from: Merusk
The uses are only limited by range and your imagination!

All you need is a tracking system in space and you could vaporize a human target from space!
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: June 02, 2008, 12:01:01 AM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
schild
Administrator

Reply #453 on: June 02, 2008, 01:52:42 AM

Now that is a bicep tattoo.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #454 on: June 02, 2008, 08:08:02 AM

Now that is a bicep tattoo.
Bzzt. Perfect tramp stamp.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 324 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  
Jump to: