Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "I'm a retard" and other stories 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I'm a retard" and other stories  (Read 111464 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:39 AM

Down the thread the CEO admits that the guy was fighing it till he fouind out he had been punked by having it done on the test server, at which point he conceeded he had been played extreamly well, and he sheepishly authorised payment of the escrow as He felt Reddit deserved it. So the legal implications are for naught.

Looking into it more, it looks like it was also more that what happened is that the 'escrow' was actually he bought $1000 worth of time codes from Shattered Crystal and asked them to hold it as a prize.  They agreed.  But their policy is no refunds for virtual goods, and were it got ugly was basically R was going to initiate a fraudulent chargeback, after detailing his full plan on the Internet and in e-mail.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:49 AM

Alright, the story is that some guy voluntarily paid $1,000 of GTCs to someone who tried but failed to scam him because he thought the attempted scam was so cool.

If that's actually true then he seems pretty chill. Wonder if he still needs a corp?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: February 27, 2012, 10:50:30 AM

Should I spend this $1000 in a Thai lovehouse or just throw it at some stupid meaningless internet spaceship grudge?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: February 27, 2012, 11:05:32 AM

Should I spend this $1000 in a Thai lovehouse or just throw it at some stupid meaningless internet spaceship grudge?

Spaceships are less likely to give you aids.  Then again.... CCP has destroyed .ini files in their patches before.... So I guess it's a tossup.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "I'm a retard" and other stories  
Jump to: