Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Internet vs Scientology 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Internet vs Scientology  (Read 147097 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #210 on: February 04, 2008, 10:17:27 AM

Anonymous and Kyle

Also, Kitsune, I feel offended by your exclusion of Jews.  If you don't go out immediately and find a Jewish friend, you'll be hearing from our Jewish lawyers.  And they're almost as good as Scientology's.
WayAbvPar

Reply #211 on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:53 AM

Scientology's lawyers ARE Jews, more than likely!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: February 04, 2008, 12:38:52 PM

Anonymous and Kyle

Also, Kitsune, I feel offended by your exclusion of Jews.  If you don't go out immediately and find a Jewish friend, you'll be hearing from our Jewish lawyers.  And they're almost as good as Scientology's.

Nope, no Jewish friends.  One of my dad's friends is Jewish, though, and that man was awesome and insane.  He came to dinner once, and started scarfing down pork chops.  I asked him, "Um, aren't you not supposed to do that, or something?"  He looked at me, said, "Kid, there's lots of stuff I'm not supposed to do." and went right back to the pork chops.  He gave me a plastic dreidel full of chocolate one year, and that was sweet.  I still have no clue what the hell the symbols mean, but  I liked it.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #213 on: February 04, 2008, 12:51:15 PM

He gave me a plastic dreidel full of chocolate one year, and that was sweet.  I still have no clue what the hell the symbols mean, but  I liked it.

Hebrew characters shin, hey, gimel, nun.  Which means 'We killed Jesus!  Pwned!"

No, really.  It means something about a miracle.  Also, you can spin it to win raisins from your friends.

Also, why do nutty people say Jews killed Jesus when Jesus was obviously killed by Romans?

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #214 on: February 04, 2008, 01:02:51 PM

Also, why do nutty people say Jews killed Jesus when Jesus was obviously killed by Romans?

According to Biblical accounts, the Romans performed the execution at the behest of the Jewish elders:

Quote from: Matthew 27:22-24
Pilate said to them, 'But in that case, what am I to do with Jesus who is called Christ?' They all said, 'Let him be crucified!'

He asked, 'But what harm has he done?' But they shouted all the louder, 'Let him be crucified!'

Then Pilate saw that he was making no impression, that in fact a riot was imminent. So he took some water, washed his hands in front of the crowd and said, 'I am innocent of this man's blood. It is your concern.'

Saying "Jews killed Jesus" and leaving it at that is of course still nutty because there were a great number of Jews who were not involved.  Including, y'know, Jesus's followers.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: February 04, 2008, 01:14:22 PM

Saying "Jews killed Jesus" and leaving it at that is of course still nutty because there were a great number of Jews who were not involved.  Including, y'know, Jesus's followers.

Also, look at the context in which that was written; Christianity was already viewed as a whacky Jewish cult where you ate human flesh, drank blood, and had orgies by most Romans.  If you're trying to spread your message throughout the Roman world it's best not to antagonize them any more by making them the bad guys of your story.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #216 on: February 04, 2008, 02:15:44 PM

I love Jews.  Especially cranberry-orange. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: February 04, 2008, 02:57:23 PM

I love Jews.  Especially cranberry-orange. 

My cranberry-orange jews: I'm not showing you them.

(or is that only me that gets no image?)
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #218 on: February 04, 2008, 03:03:50 PM

This thread is getting silly.   Ohhhhh, I see.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: February 04, 2008, 03:46:24 PM

He gave me a plastic dreidel full of chocolate one year, and that was sweet.  I still have no clue what the hell the symbols mean, but  I liked it.

Hebrew characters shin, hey, gimel, nun.  Which means 'We killed Jesus!  Pwned!"

No, really.  It means something about a miracle.  Also, you can spin it to win raisins from your friends.

Dreidel tradition

And of course cheesus was killed by jews. Otherwise alot of things that happened the last few hundred years in the old world wouldn't at least TRY to make any sense.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: February 04, 2008, 05:27:44 PM

Just because :

Jew :

http://djofj.ytmnd.com/

http://hellodere.ytmnd.com/

Jesus vs Scientology :

http://jesuswilldestroyscientology.ytmnd.com/ 

Raptor jesus vs Scientology : (violence)

http://ytmndvscientologyftw.ytmnd.com/

HOLY TAG TEAM vs Scientology  - - Holy shit, click this.

http://jesusvsxenu.ytmnd.com/

Should have been posted from the start (WARNING : graphical violence, CSI style):

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

God, I love the intarweb :

http://bitchslapscientology.ytmnd.com/
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: February 05, 2008, 01:26:10 AM

That's what happens when Jesus shows up to a Scientology flame. The argument goes around and around.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: February 05, 2008, 09:50:34 AM

Apparently he's got about 50 million followers - how many people on this board have honestly heard of him?

Not him specifically but people like him. See this page.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: February 05, 2008, 01:04:12 PM

That's what happens when Jesus shows up to a Scientology flame. The argument goes around and around.

Damn.  Why couldn't you have quoted that song about spinning round round like a record player?

I did not need to begin this day with  this guy looks legit .

Actually I never need to see that thing ever.  I think Chris Hansen and Steven Colbert need to team up to take that motherfucker out!
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: February 05, 2008, 03:57:43 PM

So what you're saying is you'd rather begin the day with a meatspin?

And if you don't know what that means, do not investigate it too closely. If pedobear gets your dander up, this will most likely cause cardiac arrest.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: February 06, 2008, 09:33:38 AM

Damn.  Why couldn't you have quoted that song about spinning round round like a record player?
Just for you.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: February 06, 2008, 10:32:46 AM

Haha, brilliant. Here's Pete Burns these days:

On second thought, maybe meatspin would have been apropriate.

Kind of looks like Xenu.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: February 06, 2008, 11:19:27 AM

Note the Tom Cruise book on the upper left of the photo.  What looked like a derail ties in to the orginal topic!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #228 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:38 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #229 on: February 06, 2008, 11:33:09 AM

Just for you.

I love that song.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: February 06, 2008, 06:59:18 PM

Note the Tom Cruise book on the upper left of the photo.  What looked like a derail ties in to the orginal topic!

I had my choice between that photo and an even more hideous head shot - seeing the serpent straining so vigorously to reach it's own tail, I really had no choice in the matter.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #231 on: February 06, 2008, 08:35:27 PM

Anonymous being discussed on Australian national radio with John Safran as I type this (JJJ).

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #232 on: February 06, 2008, 08:35:51 PM

Anonymous also got an article in a big New Zealand paper (and another Australian one apparently).
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #233 on: February 07, 2008, 02:41:56 AM

Story on Australian TV tonight

(trashy current affairs show, rival of the one that produced Corey the party dude - just someone filming a CRT with a camcorder, but only copy I could find so far)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: February 07, 2008, 01:28:04 PM

Anonymous vs. Scientology was one of the lead stories on NPR this morning.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #235 on: February 07, 2008, 01:37:28 PM

That would mean they've been on NPR 3 times now. Word.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: February 07, 2008, 02:01:34 PM

But again, until we see what happens this weekend its only made more people aware of the Xenu folks.
If the turnouts are low, it will seriously bork it all up.

Don't fuck this up.

If it actually works, the chans that aren't filled with wrongness will have actually validated their existence.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #237 on: February 07, 2008, 09:27:14 PM

NPR?

Also, here
http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/hackers-declare-scientology-dday/2008/02/07/1202234012004.html

Sydney Morning Herald and it's Melbourne counterpart, The Age are pretty much well respected papers here.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:29:30 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #238 on: February 07, 2008, 10:23:06 PM

"They are anonymous message boards, which means they can post anything without fear of reprisal," the analyst, who asked not to be named, said.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #239 on: February 07, 2008, 10:38:41 PM

On one of those anon posts, maybe it was under a dig post or on partyvan, they pointed out that Obama is good friends with Oprah. Who is good friends with Tom Cruise. Who is fucking crazy.

Anyway. Just wanted to put that out there.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #240 on: February 07, 2008, 10:40:40 PM

On one of those anon posts, maybe it was under a dig post or on partyvan, they pointed out that Obama is good friends with Oprah. Who is good friends with Tom Cruise. Who is fucking crazy.

Ah, are we moving into the tabloid business then?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #241 on: February 07, 2008, 10:48:53 PM

Nah. Neither are they. It was a 3 sentence footnote on a page. Probably just newfag troll bait.
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: February 08, 2008, 04:07:41 AM

WHOT?!?!?! OMG, don't vote for Obama, 3 degrees of separation from Xenu!!!!!eleven
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: February 08, 2008, 01:37:20 PM

Yeah.  Looney makes a giant ass of himself to a stupid bitch mostly watched by stupid people who don't happen to work normal hours means because that same lady endorsed Obama means he loves the Hubbard.

That's REALLY FUCKING STUPID dude.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #244 on: February 08, 2008, 01:54:39 PM

WHOT?!?!?! OMG, don't vote for Obama, 3 degrees of separation from Xenu!!!!!eleven

I thought that was a good thing. 

Vote Obama!  Don't get thrown into a volcano. .  again!

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Internet vs Scientology  
Jump to: