Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Kingdom Hospital (Stephen King mini series) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hospital (Stephen King mini series)  (Read 6604 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: March 24, 2004, 10:55:40 AM

Has anyone watched any of these yet? I have the first 3 episodes on my DVR but haven't gotten around to watching them yet and with the 4th coming out tonight it's going to be a 5 hour commitment to watch them all. 5 hours is a lot of time to waste on something that sucks...

Anyone catch the first 3?

Edit: Fixed the name of the show...
Snowspinner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 11:04:56 AM

That would be Kingdom Hospital, mate. Kingdom Hearts is a Square game featuring Disney characters.

I missed the first two episodes, caught the third, will be catching and reviewing the fourth tonight.

I will bellow like the thunder drum, invoke the storm of war
A twisting pillar spun of dust and blood up from the prairie floor
I will sweep the foe before me like a gale out on the snow
And the wind will long recount the story, reverence and glory, when I go
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 11:08:19 AM

Well I'll go ahead and DVR the one tonight then and wait to read the review to see if it will be worth 5 hours of my time.

Thanks.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 11:11:23 AM

I like King and it's based on a Danish show, so I'm naturally curious.
I rarely like King on the screen and American adaptations of anything are usually shite, so I'm naturally wary.
Colour me ambivalent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Zephyr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 12:35:23 PM

It seems ok so far, although fairly derivative of King's past works.  I am not sure, but I don't seem to remember seeing his name listed as a writer, but only as a director.  I will keep recording it for now.

Also what is the deal with King and Down Syndrome characters?  It seems to be a running theme with him lately.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 04:43:52 PM

Well the Down Syndrome charcters was in the original and I'm pretty sure he's the writer of the American version.,,, checking, yup, he is

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 04:57:26 PM

Also what is the deal with King and Down Syndrome characters? It seems to be a running theme with him lately.

'tards are scary?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Snowspinner
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 08:39:11 PM

I will bellow like the thunder drum, invoke the storm of war
A twisting pillar spun of dust and blood up from the prairie floor
I will sweep the foe before me like a gale out on the snow
And the wind will long recount the story, reverence and glory, when I go
Zephyr
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 02:16:09 PM

The Kingdom II is now on one of the Cinemax channels, TMAX...no clue what the T is for.  Kingdom Hospital appears to be a close adaption, at least visually, of the Danish show, minus the satanic bits and naked women.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 02:31:46 PM

TMAX? I don't get cinemax. But Lars Von Trier did Kingdom Hospital. I for one have it on dvd, and I can't stand the way that motherfucker films. He needs to get off his high horse, remove the fucking camera from his hand and get a goddamn motherfucking Tripod.

If TMAX stands for Trier-Max, I would say one of the seven seals should be popping open any minute now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Kingdom Hospital (Stephen King mini series)  
Jump to: