Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: [-BAT-] Target Acquired 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [-BAT-] Target Acquired  (Read 95029 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 02, 2008, 07:59:38 AM

Nice job!

Victim: BannedTiger
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Eagle Technologies
Destroyed: Thorax
System: Sankkasen
Security: 0.7
Damage Taken: 8264

Involved parties:

Name: Sizzle Anburn (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.1
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Bat Country
Ship: Zealot
Weapon: Focused Medium Beam Laser II
Damage Done: 8264

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 08:19:45 AM

And then we took a gang down to where another one of them had been spotted vandalising historic space boulders.

As long as you guys differentiate between vandalism and art; they could be sculpting with those lasers, you know.  Please look at the asteroids first before shooting, and have a panel of judges ready to vote on whether it's art or vandalism.

So are they talking smack?  Are they angered, frightened, or having fun too?
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 08:36:05 AM

So are they talking smack?  Are they angered, frightened, or having fun too?

Not a word said by either of us in my fight with BannedTiger.  I would suspect that he at least is having fun, as he appears to be actively looking for fights.  The carebears in mining barges are probably less enthusiastic about the war would be my guess.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 08:46:32 AM

I didn't hear a word from the barge we popped and podded either.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 02, 2008, 09:28:44 AM

FurorKK made comments in local, right after the war started - haven't heard from him since.

- Viin
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 03:06:45 PM

They are beginning to group up so be careful.
According to a convo with Bhodi, Hitti wants us to make a deal and not attack miners.  I'm okay with that
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:36:23 PM by gimpyone »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 02, 2008, 08:28:10 PM

No - extort them! Say for 6 Mil we'll avoid the miners.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 02, 2008, 08:42:11 PM

6mil a day!

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 03, 2008, 02:07:36 AM

Keep killing the miners, I say: that might force them into the groups too and we'll get fights out of them.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 03, 2008, 02:58:29 AM

Tell them you'll give the miners a one-minute head start before opening fire.  This does a few things.

1. It makes you look like halfway-decent people, even though you're not.
2. Since lots of them will probably be AFK mining, the one-minute timer will likely be totally insufficient and you'll still be killing their miners.
3. Since they know you'll be coming for their miners, they'll be more likely to have their fighting ships in the vicinity to protect the miners.  If you don't attack something they consider valuable, they can just scatter and run from you without cost.  If you go for their precious miners, they'll have to fight you to protect them.
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 03, 2008, 03:24:58 AM

Ask no quarter<sp?> and give none in return

If you're looking for a surrender payment putting the hurt on the miners (especially if they are the majority of the corp) is the best way to achieve this - also mining/mission ships tends to have better loot because the pilot is not expecting to lose it - in contrast to a miners 'PvP' ship which will probably be base-T1 all round. The only expensive PvP fits you tend to see in these kind of war is from dedicated PvPers (few of these in industrial corps), on alts sponsored by a rich main or rich mission runners (although it may be their mission ship in this case)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 03, 2008, 06:49:43 AM

I'd go for "put up a good fight and we'll ignore non-combattants in each engagement area until all the warship targets are destroyed."  That would mean they'd have to bring in defender ships for each mining op, and the miners better use the few seconds you take bringing down the defenders to get the hell out of there.  If fights happen at belts, you'd shoot the warships first before switching to any mining barges etc.

I think that if you're looking for a fun war, you should give them a break here and there, with rules of engagement such as this or Kitsune's suggestion.  A complete and utter crush on the first day they'll just disband, surrender, or stop playing, and there's no fun to be had on either side.  You guys don't need money to fund the war, do you? 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:52:18 AM by ajax34i »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #47 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:55 AM

Seems you guys picked a good target.

Find more, get more F13ers active in it. Profit.

Offer him a one time large isk war dec buyout I'd say. Payment and they never see you again. Non payment = continued war decs for weeks. Nothing too crazy, but if you can make like 50 mil that pays for how many war decs against other corps?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 07:19:36 AM

A complete and utter crush on the first day they'll just disband, surrender, or stop playing, and there's no fun to be had on either side.

I disagree, we would get to be very happy that we crushed another corporation so quickly and efficiently and simply move onto a new target.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 07:40:40 AM

While I enjoy hunting down targets bear in mind that getting us to the point of getting that perfect warpin on the second retreiver took about an hour from starting the hunt to getting the kill, and I'd already located three previous targets only to find two docked up (the other died).  I enjoyed the hunt, and loved navigating my way through the dozens of secrue cans he was surrounded by, any of which could have decloaked me.

Having spent all that time looking, telling other folks i have a target and getting them down there only to find that it wasn't the only member of their corp out for a fight, I'm not going to just say "ah well, just a miner, sorry for wasting your time, guys" and have us all turn round.

This is a free pvp game, and they're playing it.  I spend most of my Eve pvp time in fights against an opponent who supercap-blobs specifically to avoid fair fights, or herding newbies against high-skill-point pirate alliances.  Just for once I want to just kill stuff and fuck fairness.  If they come out to play then great.  If not, then I'm delighted to make it a tough week.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:31 AM

Just 1 kill so far?
If so, are you really in danger of crushing them?

"Me am play gods"
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 07:47:06 AM

well, we squared off a 2v2 versus two drakes. We never stood a chance; When they both launched 5 t2 light drones I knew we were in trouble. I was able to keep one locked down and one locked down for more than half the time, but their drones tore us apart; we couldn't break their tank and so we had to warp out. Because it was a "friendly" fight, we all met at a planet, there were no scramblers and no real loss.
I commented how funny it would have been had we fit smartbombs and eaten their drones before warping -- those things cost quite a bit.

Anyway, I chat with hitti a bit, before hand, set up the 2v2, and when he asked to stop killing their miners and instead just "fun fights" he called them, I told him I was just a peon and couldn't make deals -- and to email our CEO :)

Maybe, give them a buyout option, and alternately a no podding on either side option? I'd be OK with that. I don't want to lose my implants :)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 07:50:35 AM

I like the buyout idea, we can always find another corp to target.

So I was thinking: 100mil to cancel the wardec, or 25mil a week and we won't pod

I don't think we should ignore their miners completely either, but I don't mind letting pods go.

- Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 08:12:00 AM

A complete and utter crush on the first day they'll just disband, surrender, or stop playing, and there's no fun to be had on either side.  You guys don't need money to fund the war, do you? 

Problem is, if you have an enemy who stays docked, won't surrender (i.e. pay) and obviously isn't engaging then you're not having any fun anyway - alot of people think if their attackers don't get any fights/kills they will soon get bored and drop the war, you can't really afford to feed that. We had 1 war that dragged on for 100 days with very little in the way of action (they were too proud to pay and we were too proud to let it drop). At which point you have to take any opportunities you can get even if its just blowing away miners.

I'd much prefer a target disbanded or joined an alliance (which ends our wars from a cost point of view) that just stayed docked and didnt surrender because it's still a victory sorts (if not a financial one)  we also tend to keep an eye on the disbanders and the alliance joiners in case their situations change and we can pay them another visit
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 08:13:32 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. They told me they found our forums. And read them. Hi guys!
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 08:20:40 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. They told me they found our forums. And read them. Hi guys!

We're doomed!  They must use some evil spy device...like Google!  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 08:39:23 AM

Reopen the private War forum (or just start using it again, it's still open).

Doooo iiiiiit.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 08:42:20 AM

I've already posted in there.

Edit: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=11843

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 08:44:36 AM

Reopen the private War forum (or just start using it again, it's still open).

Doooo iiiiiit.

Missing or off limits to me.  Heartbreak

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 03, 2008, 09:04:23 AM

There's a reason I called it a private forum  smiley

Rasix or someone will have to allow access. 
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 03, 2008, 09:49:29 AM

Please continue to post war updates here, though.  Reading them is fun.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 03, 2008, 10:05:35 AM

I'm seeing if I can get moderator access to the WAR forum, but really, do we have anything to hide? Tinfoil Hat

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 03, 2008, 10:50:05 AM

Well, you may want to post polls on various policies or ask the corp members what they want to do next without outsiders like me butting in and giving suggestions even though they don't play the game.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 03, 2008, 11:39:45 AM

Heh yah stuff like that will be done through corp mail and the like. :)

- Viin
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 05, 2008, 06:47:47 PM

So, miners eh?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 05, 2008, 09:28:15 PM

The war expired tonight. I thought it was tomorrow night! Dammit.

I'm gonna restart the war on Eagle Tech but I want suggestions for another target corp.

Edit:

Btw, this means fighting "officially" ends tomorrow night. After that, I will have to re-apply the war, which will take 24 hrs to go into effect. That means we can fight until Sunday night, then no fighting until late Monday night.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 09:35:00 PM by Viin »

- Viin
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:25 AM

Declare a war against my old corp QUAM. They're a bunch of brits who love a good fight.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 09, 2008, 08:53:42 PM

Wardec Victim #2: Ace's Over 8's

Primary Location: Sankkasen System

War goes active on: TBD

War ends on: TBD

Meet At: Corp Office in Area

(See First Post for Updated Info!!!)

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 01:14:54 AM

Brilliant.  Thanks for doing this, Viin.

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 03:38:30 AM

Great!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: [-BAT-] Target Acquired  
Jump to: