Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Dev involvement drama hits EQ2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dev involvement drama hits EQ2  (Read 17590 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 03:59:59 PM

Give people a price discount if they play on Test exclusively. Hell, make it free and let people exploit bugs to high heaven. Then Test might actually be useful.
Give people a free, well geared pre-gen character of their choice when a patch is on the test server. Wipe the server after every patch goes live, then close off all non-SOE Dev/QA access to the server until the next patch needs external testing.
So copy WoW again again?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:15 PM

Or just do it the way CoH/CoV do it and let people copy over their characters at will.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 01:42:41 AM

I recall EQ1 had buff stations on Test, you could get basically the best gear by hitting a button on the test server, it was great.

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 04:42:55 AM

I recall EQ1 had buff stations on Test, you could get basically the best gear by hitting a button on the test server, it was great.

/betabuff was in at least around PoP I recall using it to test GoD. Wasn't there also a big issue once because on of those beta only vendors got copied to live in a patch and destroyed the economy so they had to rollback the servers?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Dev involvement drama hits EQ2  
Jump to: