Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: EverQuest: A Retrospective Look At Why I知 So Great And This Game Sucks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EverQuest: A Retrospective Look At Why I知 So Great And This Game Sucks  (Read 80263 times)
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: December 10, 2007, 11:04:23 PM

Yes, yes, it's all going according to plan.

Hello Kitty Hello Kitty Hello Kitty Hello Kitty Hello Kitty
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: December 11, 2007, 08:57:02 AM

You've read that to mean: "Slyfiend loves cocks"

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: December 11, 2007, 09:43:42 AM

Okay, in an attempt to re-rail this into a semi-interesting conversation that was developing...

What about LoTRO? Does it strike the balance between EQ1 and WoW? Is it too much like WoW to give the perception of a world as EQ1 did?

Or was EQ1 more of a world because you ended up spending so much time in specific locations that you began to know every twist and turn, nook and cranny? For me, at least, I can probably recall travel directions to almost any location I have ever played in the world of EQ1. In WoW, you probably don't need directions, but it seems that people move through the zones much quicker than EQ1. Not that that is a bad thing, it just causes a lower knowledge of the geography of the world. What else made the immersion of the world in EQ1 better? Or was it really better?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: December 11, 2007, 11:18:27 AM

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: December 11, 2007, 01:01:31 PM

It's probably justified to level a, "He lova the cock" accusation towards anyone who thinks it's cool to be forced to wait for hours for something in an MMORPG.  But that wasn't what he was saying.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: December 11, 2007, 02:15:51 PM

It's probably justified to level a, "He lova the cock" accusation towards anyone who thinks it's cool to be forced to wait for hours for something in an MMORPG.  But that wasn't what he was saying.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

We were talking about RPGs?  ACK!

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: EverQuest: A Retrospective Look At Why I知 So Great And This Game Sucks  
Jump to: